PDA

View Full Version : Now, about this xbox 360 'live'???

ozzybird
August 17th, 2006, 16:34
Recently brought an Xbox 360.

I have a computer upstairs with the modem etc. Downstairs I have the laptop which is wirelessly connected to the one upstair. The Xbox is also downstair, how do I set up the Xbox to play 'Live'?

Now, please note that I am a woman who cannot operate the video recorder still! Should I buy a wireless network adapter or is there a cheaper way of doing it?

Help.

Mandy:confused:

Darksaviour69
August 17th, 2006, 16:51
i guessing out have broadband ;)

you can get a cable if you wish and connect it to the router (modem) but it depends but you would need a spare port on the router for that. You could also but a wireless adapter instead, bepends if you had cables all over the house!

btw you know you have to buy a years subscription xbox live? (£40)

ozzybird
August 17th, 2006, 17:06
Yeh, I know about the years subscription. Bloody rip off really, I have just spent £380 on the console and games and an additional controller and now they want another £60 for the network adaptor and £40 for the subscription, grrrrr.

I couldn't afford to do it all at once but I want to go out and sort out the xbox 'live' next week when I get paid.

If I just buy the network adaptor, is it just a case of putting it in the back and away you go or what?

I think this is the way I should go, I can't be doing with any more wires about the house.

Thanks,

Mandy

Darksaviour69
August 17th, 2006, 17:22
yeah, i would that think you should be able just to plug a play. i have live but i use the old cables ;)

SSaxdude
August 17th, 2006, 17:45
I think if you plug the 360 into the laptop (via ethernet cable) you can bridge the connection instead of buying a wireless adapter.

s1k0
August 18th, 2006, 08:08
yeah get a wireless like i do instead of having like 20 wires running through a hub or a router like me also:)