PDA

View Full Version : Japanese PSP and U.S. Movies and Music

DomDoobie
February 28th, 2005, 22:13
Will a japanese PSP play U.S. movies and music? The guy at toys r us said that it will play U.S. games but I will need conversion or decoder software {or something like that} to play U.S. movies and music. Can somebody clarify this for me?

Mimx
February 28th, 2005, 23:37
Its pretty simple. If you have a Jap PSP then can play all games of any type. With movies its different. Jap PSP will only play DVD movies with the same region coding as your PSP. (i.e. If your Region is 2 then only movies made on those regions will work) Music should be able to play on any system reguardless of regions.

Mib_333
March 1st, 2005, 07:48
zat mean like umm i live in aussie bought a psp jap and wondering does that mean when come out in aussie npt lowed to use vids or can i buy software so i t works and is jap and us same region codE?

Mib_333
March 4th, 2005, 10:27
plz answer wah

Mimx
March 5th, 2005, 07:21
Ok ill repeat myself one more time. Its all based off of region coding thats on the discs themselves. Do a search on the internet and find out what your region is. If its the same as Japans then you can play Japan DVD movies on your PSP. If you dont understand this last post then you are just gonna have to wait for PSP items to arrive in your location to test it out.

Mib_333
March 5th, 2005, 12:48
ok i get it i even got the region codes:
REGION 1 -- USA, Canada
REGION 2 -- Japan, Europe, South Africa, Middle East, Greenland
REGION 3 -- S.Korea, Taiwan, Hong Kong, Parts of South East Asia
REGION 4 -- Australia, New Zealand, Latin America (including Mexico)
REGION 5 -- Eastern Europe, Russia, India, Africa
REGION 6 -- China
REGION 0 or REGION ALL
but i am wondering since i live in aussie and i am region 4 and i got a japanese psp region 2 is there any program that i can override it with?

wraggster
March 5th, 2005, 13:06
only time will answer that question

xyston
March 5th, 2005, 19:18
I should thing that some bright spark with a psp will be able to take out the regiod code like they can do with some dvd players or kind of 'chip' them.

Mib_333
March 9th, 2005, 09:08
THEY BETTER OR ELSE!!! >:(