PDA

View Full Version : Help with Custom NES Dreamcast disc

S-Mat Ash
August 17th, 2006, 20:27
Hello,

I've been trying to find info on this for a few days and perhaps I'm looking in the wrong places.

I'm trying to make an NES disc for my Dreamcast, but I want to put on my own custom menus and music.

I was told it was possible but I'm not sure where to find the program or how to do it.

Thanks!

S-Mart Ash

crackkills
August 17th, 2006, 22:30
I know, I found it yesterday, in the forums someone posted the best emulators for dreamcast, at the home page of the snes emulator there is info on that

Christuserloeser
August 28th, 2006, 15:31
For SNES you can easily add your own MP3s, for NES (NesterDC v6.0 or 7.x) you could just edit/replace the BMPs ;)

Runefox
August 28th, 2006, 20:02
The NES emulators don't have menu music, but can be themed. NesterDC 6.x/7.x are the easiest, requiring only an edit/replacement of BMP files, with no need for a standardization of the layout.

NesterDC SE is a bit more complicated. Most of the positions of the interface elements can be moved around by editing the .ini files in the root of your CD, but it requires a bit of trial and error to get right. Your backdrops should be *generally* the same in layout as the standard NesterDC SE backdrops, and also remember that NesterDC SE uses a mixture of JPEG's and PNG's.

Christuserloeser
August 28th, 2006, 21:29
There recently was a DreamScript demo release for PC that imitates the NesterDC SE menu, maybe that helps with working on a custom menu:

http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=27327&highlight=dreamscript