PDA

View Full Version : Star Wars WAD for Doom-PSP!

Mourningstar
August 18th, 2006, 00:51
Here it is....

http://www.doomwadstation.com/main/SWEDGE2.jpg

Put the DOOM.WAD(StarWars) file in your DOOM/WAD folder...

I tested it and it does work....Im using PSP version 1.5 and Doom 0.05 plus....

ninja9393
August 18th, 2006, 01:14
nice:D

Baboon
August 18th, 2006, 15:22
Ah thats great news. Thanks very much for posting the info, I've been waiting for a Star Wars Mod for a while now with no joy.

:)

Mourningstar
August 18th, 2006, 17:36
I never could get past the first level...its kinda hard and confusing. But the graphics and gameplay are good.

jak66
August 18th, 2006, 18:04
...lol...what else can i say...star wars doom...is chainsaw replaced with lightsabre...that would be cool

Mourningstar
August 18th, 2006, 18:08
...lol...what else can i say...star wars doom...is chainsaw replaced with lightsabre...that would be cool
Yes! :eek:

jak66
August 19th, 2006, 10:22
nooooooo,i cant play it, says:
R_TextureNumForName: SW1PANEL not found

Baboon
August 19th, 2006, 14:27
I cant get this to work either. It loads the game then freezes and comes up with the error:

W_GetNumForName: HELP2 not found!

Mourningstar
August 19th, 2006, 17:09
Let me check and see why its not working...

Its working now. :)

Baboon
August 19th, 2006, 18:47
Trying it again now.

Cheers. :)

Mourningstar
August 19th, 2006, 20:39
Trying it again now.

Cheers. :)
Let me know if it works...

Baboon
August 19th, 2006, 21:31
Yep it works thanks. :)

Its a really good WAD too! ...the sound is spot on in the game (from blasters to han solo and darth etc).

The only prob is its a bit buggy. If u dont select anythin on the option straight away it tends to freeze and crash... plus once u die in-game it locks up the psp. ...but apart from that its a great Doom mod (all be it a very hard one).

Hopefully there will be an update on this WAD?

Thaks for the info/download. :)

I'm off now to take out some storm troopers! :D

Mourningstar
August 19th, 2006, 22:02
The only prob is its a bit buggy. If u dont select anythin on the option straight away it tends to freeze and crash... plus once u die in-game it locks up the psp. ...but apart from that its a great Doom mod (all be it a very hard one).

Hopefully there will be an update on this WAD?

Yea, I noticed the start screen bug, but not the death one....

I doubt it will ever be updated because these WADs are very old....

But I am trying to learn how to make my own WADs so who knows....I may update some of the old ones if I get good enough.

Mourningstar
August 19th, 2006, 22:16
Hey, check this out...

The Darkest Hour is a 7-level modification of Doom 2 that puts the player in the Star Wars universe. It was followed by a 5-level "prequel" called Dawn: A Prelude.

Havent found a download for it yet....Ill look later....

Baboon
August 20th, 2006, 09:35
Hey, check this out...

Havent found a download for it yet....Ill look later....

Coolio. Fingers crossed it works for psp? :D

Mourningstar
August 22nd, 2006, 05:19
Coolio. Fingers crossed it works for psp? :D
Oh, I know how to get just about anyWAD to work on PSP...

The WolfenDoom, Zombies, Batman WADs werent compatible with PSP....until I made them to be! :cool:

under_0ath777
August 22nd, 2006, 05:32
can you pm the thing that recompiles stuff into 1 wad, like the zombies wad had like 6 things

V3N0M
August 22nd, 2006, 05:48
Great job MourningStar!

Baboon
August 22nd, 2006, 13:31
Oh, I know how to get just about anyWAD to work on PSP...

The WolfenDoom, Zombies, Batman WADs werent compatible with PSP....until I made them to be! :cool:

If you can find and get 'The Darkest Hour and 'Dawn: A Prelude' running on the PSP I'm going to be very happy! :)

...also, Thanks for sorting all the other wads out for the psp ! :D

Mourningstar
August 22nd, 2006, 15:26
If you can find and get 'The Darkest Hour and 'Dawn: A Prelude' running on the PSP I'm going to be very happy! :)

...also, Thanks for sorting all the other wads out for the psp ! :D
Oh, Ill get the other Star wars ones....I havent stumbled onto them yet, but I havent been looking for them specifically.....

Ive still got a shit load of Wolf3d wads I need to convert for PSP....

wowzors
August 22nd, 2006, 20:05
wasnt much of a search im not going to lie, but here:
http://doomnexus.drdteam.org/oldstuff1.html

Dawn: a prelude
and
Darkest Hour

Mourningstar
August 22nd, 2006, 22:00
wasnt much of a search im not going to lie, but here:
http://doomnexus.drdteam.org/oldstuff1.html

Dawn: a prelude
and
Darkest Hour
Thanx....I never seen this site before....ill get all the wads here and see if they work starting with The Darkest Hour....

The Darkest Hour does not work on the site...or it simply doesnt work on PSP....Ill try to find it on another website....

wowzors
August 23rd, 2006, 07:39
They all say they need ZDooM v1.22 (dont know what that is.) But i do not think the PSP's doom is capable of this:
http://doomnexus.drdteam.org/Screens/DH_Map7a.jpg

From what i have seen anyways, and sadly Dawn: a prelude seems to be even more intimidating:
http://doomnexus.drdteam.org/Screens/DP_Map2a.jpg

Baboon
August 23rd, 2006, 10:39
poo... I was hoping these might have worked. :(

Hopefuly Mourningstar will be able to something with these files??

Mourningstar
August 23rd, 2006, 23:56
They all say they need ZDooM v1.22 (dont know what that is.) But i do not think the PSP's doom is capable of this:
http://doomnexus.drdteam.org/Screens/DH_Map7a.jpg

From what i have seen anyways, and sadly Dawn: a prelude seems to be even more intimidating:
http://doomnexus.drdteam.org/Screens/DP_Map2a.jpg
Ive gotten other wads that need things like ZDoom to work also to work on PSP....

Im not sure why these dont....maybe theyre just bad wads....as Ive said before I had to try about 10 different versions of Doom64 before I found one that worked....

EDIT: I also tried other wads from that site and none of them, the ones I tried, worked....

wowzors
August 24th, 2006, 20:47
Im afraid you may not find wad's that work for dawn and darkest hour then, those wads are straight off the makers website.

Baboon
August 25th, 2006, 10:03
Im afraid you may not find wad's that work for dawn and darkest hour then, those wads are straight off the makers website.

Noooo! ...boo hoo, sniff. :(

chemical
September 30th, 2006, 19:02
nooooooo,i cant play it, says:
R_TextureNumForName: SW1PANEL not found

I get this too :(!!!

I'm using the DS Port of Doom, not PSP, but generally every PSP Wad is a DS Wad and vice versa, did you ever figure out how to fix your problem?

Damn, I really want star wars :mad:

jak66
September 30th, 2006, 20:50
I get this too :(!!!

I'm using the DS Port of Doom, not PSP, but generally every PSP Wad is a DS Wad and vice versa, did you ever figure out how to fix your problem?

Damn, I really want star wars :mad:
i reinstalled doom (just in case, although this was the only wad that didnt work:rolleyes:), downloaded the file again and it worked only problem was chainsaw (lightsabre) froze my psp:(

chemical
October 1st, 2006, 10:31
:(

I managed to get mine working though :), I was using the Freedoom (works like Doom2 with pwads) with this pwad like with all the others, I was lost for ideas and really wanted this so i just used the shareware doom, I was certain it wouldnt work but it has :-D

w00t now I have CSS, Star Wars and 007, the 3 I particuly wanted. There prone to freeze now and then when loading new levels, but thats understandable, there all awesome!

In the past when I heard of doom wads, i figured they just changed the textures and sounds, not converted all the levels and everything to exact replicas of other games =-O!

KenshinKajima
October 12th, 2006, 15:06
Okay, refresh this old homebrewers memory. . .how do you get custom wads to work on doom again (the pspdoom i mean)? lol i tried just booting it up and it gave me some loading error about "failed to load swpanel (somthing)". What do i do again? lol