PDA

View Full Version : What are the cool things you can do with PSP Homebrew?

chemical
August 18th, 2006, 16:15
Hey,

Well i've been very interested in NDS and its homebrew stuff, and am pretty sure i'll get one, but I figured i'd look into the PSP homebrew a bit more, I know a little about what is out there, emu's and such and how it works, but I was wondering if someone could give me some info on cool things I may not know about PSP homebrew, i.e games there are/coming out, new emus/emu better versions and just general stuff about it?

A few things i heard that sounded cool were, Sony will make an official PSone emu/psone games that work on psp? and that N64 WILL be fully playable and that it just takes time?

Also are there any hardware hacks or talk of sony or another company realise extra controls for the PSP?, i think it really needs to analog sticks for games like battlefront.

Thanks to anyone for the help.

Uruz 6
August 18th, 2006, 16:21
N64 emu for the PSP, while not yet perfect, is showing great potential and I've no doubt it'll be perfect in the not so distant future.

xiringu
August 18th, 2006, 16:49
they were talking about the EyeToy for PSP this fall. hope that's true. could be great for videoconferencing, or combined with some games :)

Man
August 18th, 2006, 20:04
You can control your PC with virtual VNC, that rules, and the n64 emulator , plus the rumors of an upcomming PSone emulator.

Uruz 6
August 18th, 2006, 20:21
the rumors of an upcomming PSone emulator.

I've heard of two projects about this + sony's emu..
With three of 'em surely we'll get at least one :)

demondude777
August 18th, 2006, 20:23
If you have the money then go for both...I am enjoying them both at the moment. The PSP is a lot easier to use for homebrew if you get 1.50 firmware.

There are a lot more emulators for the PSP then the DS, and more homebrew games and applications. But they are both worth it!

Airdevil
August 18th, 2006, 23:11
have to remember with the ds... u have 2 dish out for an extra flash cart.

tallica
August 19th, 2006, 00:57
x-flash(a program for using custom fonts etc) and devhook (for emulating firmwares on 1.5.