PDA

View Full Version : How big a HD can you install in an Xbox?

jwilds73
August 18th, 2006, 20:07
Ok I been reading on the modchipping and softmodding of Xbox's and I even seen some kits that come with up to a 200gig HD. However I just wondered if you can get it to recognize a larger drive? I understand that softmodding is easier but it's alittle harder to get it to recognize your large HD is that true? I want to get a Xbox for an in car gaming system for the kids so I want to install a largest drive I can and run everything from there. Because kids and disc's just don't mix well.

s1k0
August 18th, 2006, 21:41
well it depends from were you get them you cant get them for any sizes but the bigger the much it costs

jwilds73
August 18th, 2006, 22:03
Well I was planning on getting a 500 gig HD for it if it wasn't to hard to configure the xbox to recognize it. I kinda want the xbox to serve a dual purpose as an emulation machine and a portable backup drive similar to a usb drive. This way the kids can play it in the car and I can also store all my files on it (along with the dvd backups)

s1k0
August 18th, 2006, 23:05
well its better if you take it to a shop and they put the hard drive for you rather than you putting it:) or you can research google

mccloud
August 21st, 2006, 15:21
u could just buy a premoded xbox which has a large hardrive

ACID
August 21st, 2006, 15:30
It depends on how much are you willing to spend. Inthe front page of the site theres a great website for xbox modding and equiepment.

SmashinGit
August 22nd, 2006, 11:42
You can put as big a hardrive as you want really. Just make sure the hard drive you buy can be locked. Check this website http://www.xbox-scene.com/