PDA

View Full Version : Anyone know how to make Doom WADs?

Mourningstar
August 19th, 2006, 06:44
Im trying to learn how to with Doom Builder, but Im kinda clueless....

Is there a complete noob guide with step by step examples?

Thanx....

Lil' Josh
August 20th, 2006, 20:02
Me too... lol

Arnold
August 21st, 2006, 05:16
Here is the Manual from Doom Builder, i hope you can use it
http://drsleep.newdoom.com/data/doombuilderguide.pdf

hiplikebadass
September 3rd, 2006, 14:26
well this topic isn't to dead. pm me if any of you still need help on making doom wads. i'm an doom vet and have made some good wads myself :p. if you want me to help putting the levels together ask or if you need a few good level designs feel free to pm and i'll be glad to help.

taonaut
September 20th, 2006, 14:18
On a related subject...
I've installed nxDoom and it seems to run very good, but I still can't get the MODMENU.TXT to work (I've put it in the /DOOM-folder and created in like the instructions from the readme said) so that I can use external modified WADs.
Has anyone else tried this?

the_eternal_dark
September 28th, 2006, 03:37
On a related subject...
I've installed nxDoom and it seems to run very good, but I still can't get the MODMENU.TXT to work (I've put it in the /DOOM-folder and created in like the instructions from the readme said) so that I can use external modified WADs.
Has anyone else tried this?

When I get home, I'll rebuild nxdoom onto a disk to see how I got mine to work. I'll let ya know in about 3hours or so, I'm still stuck at work.

Mourningstar
October 3rd, 2006, 19:38
Ya know I havent even attempted to do anything since making this thread...got distracted by other things I guess...

I still want to learn, doesnt seem too hard from what ive tried...I might try again in a few days...

fackue
October 3rd, 2006, 21:58
Here's what my Doom Collection's MODLIST.TXT looks like. My Doom Collection only has the WolfenDoom mod so you need to edit my MODLIST to suit your needs.

WolfenDoom Original Levels,doom2.wad,-file original.wad original.deh,
WolfenDoom Spear of Destiny,doom2.wad,-file sod.wad sod.deh,

ORIGINAL.WAD, ORIGINAL.DEH, SOD.WAD and SOD.DEH are all inside the same folder as DOOM2.WAD (/DOOM folder)