View Full Version : Video Folder Problem - Help Needed
March 3rd, 2005, 23:54
Just received my PSP, threw the Duo inside and after formatting it in the PSP it created the following folders:
I 've read the post about the need to create a video folder like <psp drive letter>:\MP_ROOT\100MNV01 but after creating all the possible combinations (meaning that i created MP_ROOT\100MNV01 at root + under PSP folder which as i told u before was automatically created after formatting) the mp4s i am droping in are not recognized. it says no videos...
Thanks a LOT!
March 4th, 2005, 05:51
* Locate the encoded file by clicking the icon.
* Connect the PSP to your Computer using the USB connection, and choose the “USB connection” option on the PSP menu.
* When the drive appears on your desktop, create the following directories in the ROOT of the drive (i.e. NOT in the PSP directory):
* Now copy the MP4 file created by >insert program here< to the MP_ROOT/100MNV01 directory. Dismount the PSP memory stick drive.
* Go to the Movies menu on the PSP. You should now see the movie and be able to play it. Pressing the triangle button gives access to menu options. Among these you will find one for screen size. This allows letterboxed movies to use the whole screen. Scroll through the options using the circle button. When you’re happy with the format, press the triangle button again.
Plus if the movies are named something like Xmen2.mp4 or
Hulk.mp4 it will not see it in the folder when you try to view it. You need to purchase the 3GP Converter Program so that you can compress movies specifically for the PSP cause if you compressed the Hulk into mp4 format the final product would say something like 3958726HY75.mp4 Which the PSP can see.
March 4th, 2005, 23:53
thanks a lot!
the problem was with the file naming. didn't know that you cannot give any file name that u want.
now it works fine
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.0 Copyright © 2013 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.