PDA

View Full Version : Should Datel be able to lie?

bigwest
August 20th, 2006, 02:48
Having bought a max media dock I have been very dissapointed with its compatibility with homebrew / gba. Whats makes it worse is that Datel basically lie on their site about what the max media player is capable of.

For example this picture of a lost episode on ds with what looks like a max media player skin on lower screen is not even a feature of the max media player. You need to use moonshell, a seperate application
http://us.codejunkies.com/images/article_images/images/media_control_on_ds.jpg

They even lie about it being able to play GBA files. at this link http://us.codejunkies.com/mpds/links_games.htm

"As well as being the ultimate DS home brew solution, MAX Media Player is perfect for running GBA programs"

Actually Max media player cant launch gba files at all.

Surely they shouldnt be able to get away with these blatent lies?

They better release a new software version before someone decides to sue them.

Joel92
August 20th, 2006, 03:16
yea... in lots of pictures they also show it coming with a media manager disk.. wich it doesnt.

they just want people to buy it. i fell for it, and now im selling mine on ebay, and buying an m3, because it is 10 times better, even without the company lying. hopefully, though the mmp will get a new update for videos very soon, though.

Qerppsmmnx
August 20th, 2006, 05:35
I agree, but i heard that the disk was just a to put files on the Dock, but they redid the software to work like a removable disk. HOWEVER! ITS CRAZY CAUSE THEY ARE TOO LAZY TO TAKE ANOTHER PICTURE!!!!

chemical
August 20th, 2006, 11:36
Someone should threaten to sue, they'd either stop making this shit or step up there game.

The EX
August 20th, 2006, 11:59
It is all called marketing, they can get away with a lot!

chemical
August 20th, 2006, 13:38
It is all called marketing, they can get away with a lot!

Not it isnt, exaggerating is part of marketing, but you cant blatently lie, a company cant say they won best seller if they didnt, or that it can do something when it can't, if it has no option for .gba files and says it plays .gba files, thats illegal basically.

Junixx
August 20th, 2006, 14:18
Yea its false advertising, which is, illegal

The Hombrew Hunter
August 20th, 2006, 18:01
Let's all sue their asses, at least who BOUGHT the piece a shit.

Video_freak
August 20th, 2006, 18:04
If I had bought it, I would first talk to customer service for them to give me a refund, because they lied. If they didn't then I would sue. :D

ACID
August 20th, 2006, 18:31
they suck thats why you never go wrong with a supercard they have there own web and updates .

Blacksand
August 20th, 2006, 22:38
If you bought it at Best Buy within the past 30 days take it back say its freezing up you DS, they should give you a refund thats what I did today.

Video_freak
August 20th, 2006, 22:39
Your lucky Blacksand. Nice suggestion. ;)

Blacksand
August 20th, 2006, 22:47
Your lucky Blacksand. Nice suggestion. ;)

Yeah thats why I'm trying to figure out the best way to play Video and MP3s before I buy it from the internet and then I can't do a return >.<

Crimson_Lotus
August 21st, 2006, 00:59
Can you get moonshell to look like they have it on the picture?

Blacksand
August 21st, 2006, 01:56

moon shell is what is installed on it but the lower pic of the control, not that I was able to tell but maybe I gave up to soon :D The quality could be as good but it was really choppy from the media dock.

Junixx
August 21st, 2006, 02:53

Unfortunatly no, it would be nice if Moonlight could add that though :)

xzerox
August 21st, 2006, 14:51
Iam gonna sue datel ass
Iam calling right now to see wtf they are gonna said . someone wanna with me a hand with this

The Hombrew Hunter
August 21st, 2006, 16:02
No, you're on your own, moron.

You listened to no one, so you can screw YOURSELF over.

chemical
August 22nd, 2006, 16:13
I agree with THH, xzerox its been said TIME and TIME again to EVERY newcomer, just like it was to me when i made a post asking about it, just like it was when you posted about it, MAX MEDIA SUCKS and you shouldn't buy it. You were told and just replied with "yeah but dus play gams?" or something, people tell you no, then you say "omg i buy max media tday =-D!!!!" now look, your crying about it, its your own fault.

You're also just an idiot in general.

Qerppsmmnx
August 22nd, 2006, 18:43
HAHAHA, Yeah, I wish I knew about the different ones before, but i am trying to make it work with me. So far it aint too shabby.

Blacksand
August 23rd, 2006, 12:56
I agree with THH, xzerox its been said TIME and TIME again to EVERY newcomer, just like it was to me when i made a post asking about it, just like it was when you posted about it, MAX MEDIA SUCKS and you shouldn't buy it. You were told and just replied with "yeah but dus play gams?" or something, people tell you no, then you say "omg i buy max media tday =-D!!!!" now look, your crying about it, its your own fault.

You're also just an idiot in general.

WooHoo zinger FTW! :D

Trigger_Happy00
August 24th, 2006, 18:30
Give me a store in NYC that I can walk into, buy a better device that could homebrew, and I will join your rebellion. That is the only reason why I bought the MMD. I knew about the Player being teh sux/10 and I didn't want to get the 1GB or 2GB anyways. But yeah, give me a store that sells better homebrews and I will sell my device.

Buying online tends to have bad results in the end.

chemical
August 24th, 2006, 21:54
Not if you buy a reliable product from a reliable site.

dkjr83
August 24th, 2006, 23:25
Give me a store in NYC that I can walk into, buy a better device that could homebrew, and I will join your rebellion. That is the only reason why I bought the MMD. I knew about the Player being teh sux/10 and I didn't want to get the 1GB or 2GB anyways. But yeah, give me a store that sells better homebrews and I will sell my device.

Buying online tends to have bad results in the end.

If you aren't willing to buy online then don't expect to take advantage of what the DS homebrew scene has to offer.

With the price of the MMD, you're better off spending a little more and getting a PSP. Then again, you probably won't be able to find a downgradable one in the stores, so the bottom line is, if you want to do homebrew, you're going to have to shop online.

Trigger_Happy00
August 25th, 2006, 02:18
If you aren't willing to buy online then don't expect to take advantage of what the DS homebrew scene has to offer.

With the price of the MMD, you're better off spending a little more and getting a PSP. Then again, you probably won't be able to find a downgradable one in the stores, so the bottom line is, if you want to do homebrew, you're going to have to shop online.

I tried PSP homebrewing/emulating, not as interesting as I expected. I got my DS on release day and didn't expect the M3 so, yeah. Besides, there are stores around that take my stuff and i'm still waiting for a good CF reading device. Their cost is easier to manage than memory sticks.