PDA

View Full Version : m3 movie and music compatibility?

Joel92
August 20th, 2006, 20:05
the m3 site says m3 can play mp3's and stuff, also including raw mpeg, avi, mov and others for video... but i have been reading around, and people have said that you cant play normal mp3s or other music files, same with movie files like mpeg and stuff. they say it all has to be converted into a certain audio and video files to be able to play on the m3.. they also say that the m3s audio quality isnt very good, but movies are quite good.

is all this true?

Blacksand
August 20th, 2006, 22:14
the m3 site says m3 can play mp3's and stuff, also including raw mpeg, avi, mov and others for video..

I haven't seen this around can you send me a link I'm trying to find out as much info as I possibly can before making anouther horrible mistake like that damn POS Max Media Player by Datel.

killaruna810
August 20th, 2006, 22:20
is the max media player really that bad? I'm also deciding what to buy, I'm thinking about the m3...

Joel92
August 20th, 2006, 22:30
answer the question please... anyways, the mmp sucks butt. dont ever get it

Blacksand
August 20th, 2006, 22:32
is the max media player really that bad? I'm also deciding what to buy, I'm thinking about the m3...

HORRIBLE!!!! OMG stab yourself in the eye with a toothpick is more fun, I spent 2 days trying to figure out which encoding was good for vidoes and MP3 so they didn't skip and get choppy, I never found it gave up after trying again this morning and will now get something off the internet, luckily unlike what I've read from some of the other posts I was able to get my money back so I'm not at a loss, the funniest thing about the Datel is the site gives this sight a great review in being helpful even though everyone bashes it. OH and the media player they show on the preview images so not true doesn't even begin to look like what they show, someone made a great post about it on here check it out.

Joel92
August 20th, 2006, 22:54
ANSWER THE QUESTION PLEASE! make a different post about bashing mmp

SLy CaT
August 20th, 2006, 23:20
plays mp3's perfectly. can't quite remember whether they read the id3 tags though.

but video has to be converted. quite easy to do so using batchdpg.

you have to make sure you have a fast flash card. mine is 133x ocz sd and i can play dpg videos at... 18fps 256bitrate. not sure if i can go any higher though. havent tried.

the videos i've converted.. run quite smoothly. though, if i look closely, there are blotches of solid color. not surprising though.

Joel92
August 21st, 2006, 01:50
thank you very much. this is the answer i was looking for.

Joel92
August 21st, 2006, 01:53
thanks for the answer. do you know if a sandisk 2 gig sd card is fast? i found a deal that came with a 2 gig, and i was wondering if they would be good for playing movies and music and whatnot

Talka1ot
August 21st, 2006, 03:34
My MP3s had to be converted, they wouldn't work normally (and I have the newest firmware, would I need anything else?) And yes, the audio is bad on the converted files.

But on the converted video, it's actually not bad at all.

Joel92
August 21st, 2006, 15:23
ok, so some people say you can play mp3s, and they are good quality, and others say you cant, and converted arnt good quality.

if i ran moonshell could it play my mp3s?

The Hombrew Hunter
August 21st, 2006, 16:01
Yeah.

Talka1ot
August 21st, 2006, 17:52
I guess I've got to find a way to run moonshell then...

Actually, I'm playing some Mp3 files through DS Organize and they are actually souning pretty good (through headphones of course). I have yet to try a .wmv yet, but My guess is the quality won't be much better for what the size of the file will be. I'll probably just stick to converting.