PDA

View Full Version : device not recognised????????

leigh
February 26th, 2005, 22:20
i have a jap psp and usb to mini usb cable but when i connect them together it say device not recognised, i have the english manual which states: connect directly to pc with usb (not usb hub) i believe my pc has a built in hub? therefore i can not connect directly ??? . how do i get my pc to recognise the psp, (my laptop is reasonably new and running windows xp). do i need a card reader/writer or have i got the wrong cable. please help me im feeling a bit ripped off at the moment. every time i buy something i need to buy more to get it to work >:(.

chods
February 26th, 2005, 23:11
Its a long shot, but have you tried reformatting the memory stick with the PSP again? Its just a thought. ???

Mib_333
February 27th, 2005, 06:45
hmm dunno if this help but go to my site!

Mib_333
February 27th, 2005, 06:46
oops forgotto tell u it is www.freewebs.com/psp_help hope u like

leigh
February 27th, 2005, 11:43
i formatted the memory stick in the psp when i got it and it shows the the folders needed, but when connected its says: usb device not recognised , one of the usb devices attached to this computer has malfunctioned, and windows does not recognise it >:(. i dont really want to reformat the card because i will lose my game saves. any ideas peps ???

leigh
March 1st, 2005, 17:56
oh sod ::), it i bought a mini ipod instead ;D. thanks anyway.

leigh
March 29th, 2005, 22:58
ok found problem, the cable i was using was 1.1 not 2.0 usb. "what a twat"

Vimes220
March 30th, 2005, 08:37
lol.

just remember the answer is almost always simple!