PDA

View Full Version : bit of help needed

andy
February 25th, 2005, 20:47
hey
im looking to get a psp i saw a imported one running in my local computer exchange and looks great !!! i have a couple of questions

when is the uk release date?

if i get a imported one whats the diffrence between the japaneese one and the uk vershion also if i get a imported one will i be able to buy the english games and play them on the imported one

and is there any japaneese branding on the imprted one? or is it the excact same as the uk one

cheers

chods
February 26th, 2005, 08:41
Andy, I phoned GAME, the software shop, yesterday and they seem to think the PSP will arrive in September. If you look on Amazon though, there are different dates than this, but until Sony officially release a date all of this is speculation.
The only difference between the Japanese and the UK one is that the instruction manual is in Japanese. The language of the console can be changed when you initially turn it on, so on mine everything is in English. The games on the otherhand are coded in the country of origins native language ie if you buy a game from Japan, the game will be in Japanese. Unless there is an option in the game to switch languages (this is quite rare at the moment) the game will be in its native language. For text intensive games such as Metal Gear Acid, this can be quite hard going.
Films on the UMD media are region coded like the DVD's we have here (from what I can gather) as Japan and UK use same code, an imported film will work ok to. The same cannot be said for films imported from the USA.
Lastly (this is turning into a bit of an essay!) there is no Japanese branding (unless you consider the SONY logo!) on the PSP.
Good luck if you are importing a PSP, and check he website carefully that you are buying from. Make sure there are no hidden charges. I recently purchased one from www.lik-sang.com for £198. On top of this I paid £20 pounds for 'express delivery' (3 days) and my PSP arrived 7 days later! I have informed the website of this and they are currently trying to repay this. When it was delivered to my door, the courier also handed me a bill for £50 for import tax. From browsing this site, lots of people have paid less some have paid more, a lot depends on where your getting it from and what deals are around at the time. Hope this helps.

Mib_333
February 27th, 2005, 06:49
www.freewebs.com/psp_help

chods
February 28th, 2005, 10:09
Mib_333, if you insist on cutting and pasting parts from this site into your own, make sure you actually include the links.
Im refering to the post that I put up showing where the manuals are on the lik-sang site. On your site, its says click here and nothing happens.
chods

Mib_333
March 1st, 2005, 06:50
oo sorry lol my fault! :-[

Mib_333
March 1st, 2005, 06:50
..............how?