PDA

View Full Version : This sux!!!!!

footballforever
January 29th, 2005, 01:35
Well I own the Japanese version of teh PSP, and I bought it cause people said it was region free, wich I thought was great. Now I hear the NA games will not work and the games won't be region free, I don't know who to believe and I'm pissed off right now, I live in NY and I won't American games and now I may not be able to play them on my PSP.

wraggster
January 29th, 2005, 08:15
Sony have already said that the PSP is indeed region free but they have put a region identifier on consoles/games.

i too have a jap psp, all i can say is dont worry

Mental2k
January 29th, 2005, 12:24
At first i thought he was refering to his spelling. Does this mean that the psp will be able to play games from all regions or not? Does this mean that psp could be the first handheld console with a mod-chip?

footballforever
January 29th, 2005, 16:10
I would really like to believe you when you say don't worry, but I 've just read to much around the internet latley not to believe it's true. If you go to IGN they have the NA manual up to read and in the manual it's say's all NA made PSP will only play games with the region code 1 on the back of the game or the region code All. So who do I believe. Sony never made this offical did they, if so can you post a link to make me believe it better, if not I will be forced to sell my Japnese PSP on Ebay. Wich I would rather not do.

WHurricane16
January 29th, 2005, 17:34
...it's say's all NA made PSP will only play games with the region code 1 on the back of the game or the region code All. So who do I believe..

/me shakes his head.

If you have a Japanese PSP, why are you worrying about the NA version? Read what you just said again.

Like Wraggs said, don't worry. The Jap version & NA version are two different versions.

footballforever
January 29th, 2005, 18:31
well what I'm saying is, it's not a fact that all PSP's will be region free. and that being said I may be stuck with a japanese version that only plays Japanese games, if that does happen I'll be screwed. plus they won't make the japanese version region free and not the american one region. If they make the PSP region it would have to be for all PSP's. There nothing that I have found or read to make this a fact and that scares me. Well the the GBA games are all region free, and if sony doesn't make all PSP games region free they would be flta out dumb. Ya know what I mean.

Mental2k
January 31st, 2005, 19:09
Being a UK site I can only assume your in the UK. EVEN If they region lock the psp, UK and JAP are both region 2, so you should have absolutely no problems!

footballforever
January 31st, 2005, 23:01
no I'm form NY and I live in NA, not the UK....Sorry.

Mib_333
February 26th, 2005, 23:43
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
i live in aussie bought a japanese psp thing is i am happekly gettign games imported but does that mean no gmaes work on mine WAHHHHH :'(

Mimx
February 28th, 2005, 19:05
Ok everyone this is from all the gaming and offical Sony PSP sites.

All games are region free. They will run and play on any version of the PSP. The only thing that will not run on all versions of the PSP are the UMD DVD movies. Those will be region coded. If you have a JAP PSP then you can play American/UK releases and Vice Versa for everyone else.