PDA

View Full Version : Best homebrew for writing a story?

Pumpkinbot
September 25th, 2010, 06:06
Generally, I want something that can write to a txt file without too much hassle. I tried PSPWrite, but the "keyboard" is so confusing, it takes me a good few minutes to write a coherent sentence. I've searched around the site for some, but they're all either very unstable alphas, can only write a few lines, or both.

So, is there anything I can write a story on the PSP with a easy-to-use keyboard?

AlexG1989
September 25th, 2010, 07:31
PSPWrite is about the best thing you can use. Once you figure out the method for typing on it it's actually the easiest and best way to type on the PSP. I was skeptical at first to and gave up on it for some months, then came back to it and figured it out. It's weird at first cause it's different but once you get the hang of it, it will come easy to you like it did to me.

Another option is PSP PDA. If you've played WWE Smackdown Vs Raw 2010 then you know about the digital keyboard in the Create A Story section. The typing pad in PSPPDA is exactly like that one. It looks like a regular, physical keyboard, except it's digital.

You can use that and it may seem easier since it's so straight forward, but it's more time consuming than PSPWrite. That's right... You can type faster on PSPWrite than on pretty much any other method that's currently available for PSP.

I use PSPWrite to type out some lengthy posts for my personal blog when I'm away from my computer. Then I fix whatever minor mistakes I may have made when I finally get back into my comp. If I was restricted to the other types of typing functions for PSP, I wouldn't even bother with trying to write on it.

While typing on any handheld (that doesn't have an actual keyboard) isn't ideal, PSPWrite certainly gets the job done.

Pumpkinbot
September 25th, 2010, 20:47
Another problem I have with PSPWrite is how hard it is to get to the " symbol. It's a story, it's probably gonna have a lot of those, y'know? ;)

AlexG1989
September 25th, 2010, 21:26
Yeah, those extra symbols are still kind of weird to me but it's still better than any other method.

Anyway, if you're planning on using the PSP to write out lengthy things liek stories then probably no digital method will help. You should just get an IR Keyboard. Google it. I don't know if it works on later PSP models though. Research it. They're fairly cheap nowadays so you could get one for about 5 bucks on amazon or ebay.

Pumpkinbot
September 26th, 2010, 07:59
IR Keyboard? I'll look around. And I have a PSP 1000, so I'm sure it'll work. ;)