PDA

View Full Version : PSP Web Browser

WarmFluffyUK
February 27th, 2005, 11:43
Hi Guys,

I have just bought my PSP and have managed to connect it to the internet via my Wireleass access point. Now I was wondering if there's a Web browser for this little gem of a handheld?

I have heard that Sony are producing a firmware update (Not released yet) that incorperates new software such as a Browser and word processor etc, is this true? Any news on that front?

Any replies would be very welcomed :-X,
Clare.

P.S. The PSP truly is amazing!!!!

chods
February 28th, 2005, 10:00
Sony actually released this patch by accident a while back, and it made the PSP's that downloaded it crash. Sony replaced free of charge the broken PSP's and took the patch off of the Sony Server.
What this patch did do though, was to show what sort of features are due to be released for the PSP. Such as an Excel/Word Reader, GPS, Mobile Phone, TV (pictures of these can be found half way down this page, if you click here (http://www.clanwac.co.uk/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=228&postd ays=0&postorder=asc&start=15)etc etc.)
Personnally I would register with www.yourpsp.com (official Sony site) and wait until they decide to pull their finger out and launch in the UK!!!
Anyway, I hope this helps somewhat to answering your questions.