PDA

View Full Version : Genesis Collection for the PSP

ACID
August 21st, 2006, 16:49
Sega reveals full list of games from 16-bit system to be included in upcoming retro compilation for PS2, PSP. Sega announced that it was bringing a retro compilation of Genesis games to the Play Station 2 and Play Station Portable later this year. The publisher confirmed that Golden Axe, Sonic the Hedgehog, Shinobi III, Altered Beast, and a Phantasy Star game would be among the included titles.

After a week of speculation, Sega has provided gamers with a full list of 28 Genesis titles that will be included in the collection. The rest of the originally promised "more than 30" games should be accounted for by unlockable arcade games.

It turns out each of the previously confirmed franchises (except Altered Beast) will be represented by multiple games, with Phantasy Star and Golden Axe each seeing installments included in the compilation. Joining that list of Sega luminaries will be a number of lesser-known (but still fondly remembered) games like Alex Kidd in the Enchanted Castle, Ecco the Dolphin, Kid Chameleon, and Vector man.

The full list of Genesis titles included in the collection follows:

Alex Kidd in the Enchanted Castle
Altered Beast
Bonanza Bros.
Columns
Comix Zone
Decap Attack starring Chuck D. Head
Eco the Dolphin
Eco II: The Tides of Time
Eco Jr.
Kid Chameleon
Flicky
Gain Ground
Golden Axe
Golden Axe II
Golden Axe III
Phantasy Star II
Phantasy Star III: Generations of Doom
Phantasy Star IV: The End of the Millennium
Ristar
Shadow Dancer: The Secret of Shinobi
Shinobi III: Return of the Ninja Master
Sonic the Hedgehog
Sonic the Hedgehog 2
Super Thunder Blade
Sword of Vermilion
Vector man
Vector man 2
Virtual Fighter 2

:eek:

Video_freak
August 21st, 2006, 17:58
Cool. I might actually get it. ;)

Unlimitedv2
August 22nd, 2006, 02:00
Cool!!!11one1o1111evelvont

Now post something we don't know.

Yobumtin
September 4th, 2006, 04:19
I remember Kid Chamaleon haha. I'll be getting this. Since its the closest thing I can get to emulation so far.
I updated to 2.80 stupidly. Then I bought a psp hoping it would be a downgradable firmware. I look at the firmware and it said 2.60 and I jumped for joy knowing it was a TA-082 model. When I found out my heart broke. But yeah I think I'll get this becasue I love a lot of the games on that list.

EDIT: My sentances are too short >_> But I'm not changing them to sound moe enthusiastic...cause I'm a little lazy. :cool:

ACID
September 4th, 2006, 04:20
Phantasy Star rocks. will get just for it.

BL4Z3D247
September 4th, 2006, 04:52
yay, i'll get it for Phantasy Star too....god i love that game

VampDude
September 5th, 2006, 16:27
I still have my megadrive, good thing I have 1.50 on my psp cause im not re-buying anything in the retro scene if I already own the games... and it's a pity that sonic3 is'nt on the list!

JKKDARK
September 5th, 2006, 20:34
yeah :D