View Full Version : What Is the best snes emu for 1.5

saqib154
August 21st, 2006, 20:00
i have a 1.5 psp and am using Snes9XTYL .0.4.2

it goes a little slow when loading some games that are maybe 4 mb or 3 mb

is there a better snes emulater out there :cool:

Video_freak
August 21st, 2006, 20:02
Nope, that's the best. Try using frameskip. ;)

ExcruciationX
August 21st, 2006, 20:02
No, that is the best there is.

EDIT: Whoop's! Got beat to it!

Cross
August 21st, 2006, 20:13
Frame skip is a great way I use auto frame skip and its unnoticeable.

However in games like Illusion of Gaia, etc there are some effects which can not be seen with frame skip on at certain levels.

Check my guide I did a write up on that problem.

saqib154
August 21st, 2006, 20:25
thanks, for the info

im also using that new GpSp version .5 beta emulater in which you need a bios to run

is there a better gameboy advance emulater out right now because this one chrashes a-lot and i dont really like it right now

jak66
August 22nd, 2006, 18:30
there is like only one other (good) gba emu out which is pspvba by zx-81, its slower for some games, the sound is awful, but it has more features that GpSp

M!ckeY
August 22nd, 2006, 19:09
gpSP only has one feature, the frame skip; am i correct?

NoQuarter
August 22nd, 2006, 19:35
Make sure your snestyl.42 is the "me" version it's performance is better than the other version since it uses the media engine to handle some of the workload

ACID
August 22nd, 2006, 19:40
Make sure your snestyl.42 is the "me" version it's performance is better than the other version since it uses the media engine to handle some of the workload
I agree with you and this version is souly for the 1.50.:D

BL4Z3D247
August 22nd, 2006, 19:43
i was just gunna say that...

@saqib154: also the gpSP emu is freakin' sweet dude, seeing how it's a beta and runs a good amount of roms full speed with pretty good sound, nobody could ask for more out of a first release beta

NoQuarter
August 22nd, 2006, 19:48
Haven't tried the new gba emu seems to be a nice development though:)
Yeah,guys snestylme has never left my memory stick since it came out.Hope we see an update soon to fix the few,and I mean few remaining issues.

BL4Z3D247
August 22nd, 2006, 20:01
Haven't tried the new gba emu seems to be a nice development though:)
Yeah,guys snestylme has never left my memory stick since it came out.Hope we see an update soon to fix the few,and I mean few remaining issues.
tried it and love it :D...and as for snes9xTYLme issues, the only one i have is after saving i lose sound(hit the "Home" button and select "no" and sound comes back), what other issues are there that i didn't notice?

NoQuarter
August 22nd, 2006, 20:03
I had the sound issue too,but I was mainly refering to full speed mode 7 support.

Nice tip on the home button I'll try that:D