PDA

View Full Version : Windows maps download tool for MapThis! by in7ane

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5

deniska
February 27th, 2007, 05:14
what's on GPS-INFO screen?
GPS status? Does the clock running, etc?

darkgrace
February 27th, 2007, 06:48
Trip timer is running, but I've got no bars as far the actual GPS status goes.

This evening, I left it running in the car while I grabbed some eats, and it acquired the satellites somewhere between time 12 minutes and 88 minutes...yeah, I know it's a pretty big window, but at least it found them. Everything was working smooth till I restarted to see if they would acquire any quicker and no joy...currently been running for 10 minutes with no acquisition.

JoQ
February 27th, 2007, 13:53
I love this tool, but when i'm making a map and choose which area it should be i go around in google maps-window, but when i later preview the map it's not the same place...
Very hard to explain :S

Quicksilversvt
February 27th, 2007, 14:13
ZSC - Thanks man. That's the best how-to I've read so far on this topic. I'll try it when I get home. Anyone have a pre-made map of Toronto Ontario Canada? Since we're in the topics of how to's, I've got a couple more questions:

1) How do I add POI's
2) Do I have to pre-enter my route before I put this in my psp?

deniska
February 27th, 2007, 14:41
Trip timer is running, but I've got no bars as far the actual GPS status goes.

This evening, I left it running in the car while I grabbed some eats, and it acquired the satellites somewhere between time 12 minutes and 88 minutes...yeah, I know it's a pretty big window, but at least it found them. Everything was working smooth till I restarted to see if they would acquire any quicker and no joy...currently been running for 10 minutes with no acquisition.

There is GPS-INFO option in the in map menu (start button)
Apparently this is mostly a reception issue so here is some hint that may help:
1) set initlocation to 1
2) place the unit so it "sees" as much of open sky as possible
3) try not to move it during initial fix

BTW, you are posing in the wrong thread...

deniska
February 27th, 2007, 14:44
ZSC, thanks for sorting out most of the user's questions for me...
Whenever you create a step by step tutorial on any of the program's features, please mirror the post in the FAQ thread (in duscussion forum)

Quicksilversvt
February 27th, 2007, 16:41
How do I know when the Map is complete?

JoQ
February 27th, 2007, 16:49
Quicksilversvt, in top bar to the right it says 35% 94161 out of 267624 now at zoom 1x (for me right now).
I've been making this map for about 3 hours :o

Quicksilversvt
February 27th, 2007, 17:20
I don't see that anywhere on mine. 0.4.8b

JoQ
February 27th, 2007, 17:53
I got 0.48b too (Build 1561)...
Here's a picture that displays it, can't be clearer (tho, i have noticed that in low resolutions you can't see the bar.
http://img364.imageshack.us/img364/4954/aaabn8.th.jpg (http://img364.imageshack.us/my.php?image=aaabn8.jpg)

Quicksilversvt
February 27th, 2007, 18:26
Now I got it. My resolution was way off

Quicksilversvt
February 27th, 2007, 18:44
Isn't there a way to view the entire page without changing the resolution. I couldn't even see the POI options with my old res.

Quicksilversvt
February 27th, 2007, 18:47
What map type should I be using from the left column?

I've been using Google map. What works best for you guys?

meme me
February 27th, 2007, 22:41
really loving this, very accurate
but how do you route plan
i'm sure i'm missing some thing simple
thanks in advance

acwd31395
February 28th, 2007, 05:55
do any have the map of singapore for mapthis 4.61beta????:confused:

rhygin
February 28th, 2007, 06:57
@meme me
check the FAQ link in my sig

in7ane
February 28th, 2007, 11:39
http://www.in7ane.com/psp/gmdl0.4.9b.zip

First of all - resolution fix: the window now gets scroll bars on smaller resolutions/sizes while still scaling up, sorry about this guys.

rhygin, map24 seems to have changed and I can't see exactly how it works after a brief look at it, if you really want it to be supported again you probably want to look at this part:

http://www.de.map24.com/source/routing/v3.0.1/cnt_nav_info.php

But keep in mind that European companies have a funky interpretation of the law ( http://blog.oflaherty.dk/2007/01/20/krak-demands-money-because-site-linked-to-them/ ) - so a method that takes something that is contained within a browser window would be fine, but using the session token to run a query would have to be a separate program by someone other than me.

So map24 is disabled for now.

Russian Topomaps added as a rough source (it will take time to get this to a useful state).

monkeyboy1982, Ordnance Survey (from their site) maps are not compatible with the google projection so would not have GPS support, also OS is known to be very militant about their data - and frankly I do not particularly want to host any code that would point at their servers.

deniska, haizad, I'll have a go at adding Local.Live as an alternative navigation page. A customized navigation page is a good idea - maybe a Google Maps mashup with everything stripped out or an openlayers.org map pointing at Google's servers (I'm not going to sign up for Google Maps API, but will have a go at messing about with openlayers.org javascript).

Thanks for the missing JPEG tiles fix - that works now. Also, another map that crashes (on load), 2048x2048 so that may be the problem, if you have time: http://www.in7ane.com/psp/maps_various/_Russian%20Topographic%20(r3%20Moscow%20to%20Ryaza n).zip (730MB)

Nice work with the directions display!

DennyPSP, you need to specify points that link your source image files to lat/lon coordinates by lining up the source files on the left with the map on the right (see: http://research.microsoft.com/mapcruncher/tutorial/version3.0docs/index.htm#_Toc148418516 ) if it still doesn't work tell me an I'll have a go at creating a more step by step tutorial.

JoQ, in7ane.com does go down occasionally - it's on DreamHost and they seem to be doing some maintenance.

What you see in the browser is not exactly the are that will be downloaded - click the preview buttons to see what you will get. This is due to partial tiles being displayed and tile caching within the page.

I think I've replied to everything, if not, could you please repost.

DennyPSP
February 28th, 2007, 12:55
QUOTE=in7ane;367199]

DennyPSP, you need to specify points that link your source image files to lat/lon coordinates by lining up the source files on the left with the map on the right ....

To in7ane

this I for a long time have understood that it is necessary to choose some points at the left and on the right all works without problems...

I had in view of little bit another, then when I open files MapCrunchers in your program and I press button Get Numbers then preliminary viewing - at me in column ZOOM shows a maximum 5 though in mapCruncher I saw all map entirely..

And if to shift coordinates to the left or to the right all map moves also I I see her entirely in the central window...
Sorry for my English...

in7ane
February 28th, 2007, 14:00
DennyPSP, post in Russian if you want (tell me if you want the replies in Russian too) - I'll translate the question/answer for other's benefit. In GMDL - click Set under the MapCruncher option and select the directory with all the PNGs, it will get the numbers and set zooms by itself - just click Pull Tiles.

JoQ
February 28th, 2007, 15:41
in7ane, im using your fantastic program, latest version 0.49b. But im experiencing some problems. The maps i'm downloading are all in Google Maps format, but if i choose one area to download, it aint the same as it _will_ download. Let me show this screen:
http://img101.imageshack.us/img101/6950/aaadl6.th.jpg (http://img101.imageshack.us/my.php?image=aaadl6.jpg)
It's not the same area on the preview as on the result... And even if i pull more in one direction the map stays at the same place in Preview 1x. But if i pull even more it's a new place.

Can't explain exactly, sorry...

Quicksilversvt
February 28th, 2007, 15:58
What does this mean and what should I do to be able to get more:

The number of results for at least one of the cells seems to have hit the maximum, you may want to try larger divisors, and therefore smaller radius for yahoo.

Anyone else having problem with local.live today?

zsc
February 28th, 2007, 18:41
Are you using the advanced mode? If so, make sure you update with 'get numbers'. If not, try using advanced mode. You will notice in advanced mode that when you click get numbers, you'll get an 'x' and a 'y' numbers. unfortunately, these have to be whole numbers. which means that your coverage isnt as flexible as you want it to be. tough. I just made a bigger map and trim out the unneccessary tiles in the tiles selection.

Quicksilversvt
February 28th, 2007, 18:48
ZSC - Are these instruction for a POI file? Because that is when I get this error.

zsc
February 28th, 2007, 18:49
sorry, that was for JoQ

meme me
February 28th, 2007, 19:18
@meme me
check the FAQ link in my sig

is this bit new i'm sure i looked there a couple of days ago when trying to sort this?
ok up to point 8 i can not see "get values "button

i'm using 4.9b google for route

thanks

deniska
February 28th, 2007, 20:05
What does this mean and what should I do to be able to get more:

The number of results for at least one of the cells seems to have hit the maximum, you may want to try larger divisors, and therefore smaller radius for yahoo.

Anyone else having problem with local.live today?

You need to split that area in to segments by punching in latitude/longitude dividers...
Both, yahoo and local live limit the number of POIs they return for a given area to a certain number ~250...

deniska
February 28th, 2007, 20:46
in7ane,
You may want to include a new set of icons with the next release.. Check this thread for details/updates:
http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=367447&posted=1#post367447

deniska
February 28th, 2007, 20:56
Thanks for the missing JPEG tiles fix - that works now. Also, another map that crashes (on load), 2048x2048 so that may be the problem, if you have time: http://www.in7ane.com/psp/maps_various/_Russian%20Topographic%20(r3%20Moscow%20to%20Ryaza n).zip (http://www.in7ane.com/psp/maps_various/_Russian%20Topographic%20%28r3%20Moscow%20to%20Rya zan%29.zip) (730MB)

Nice work with the directions display!

I cant get the file::: "FORBIDDEN" - please check permissions on it..

[EDIT] Never mind... I think I found a bug... I'll post a new test version soon... perhaps someone could test it with x4096 map...

in7ane
February 28th, 2007, 22:17
deniska, sorry about that, just in case you want to test it - I've gotten a hold on the unix permissions thing and it should download now (I'll test 4096 and up). I'll put the icons in for the next version, just finishing up some OSM features that nobody will use :)

Codaz
March 1st, 2007, 00:56
in7ane: Maybe you could fix up the following things in GMDL:

-Making routes more simple. I mean auto poi/route making after you set markers on the map (just like in mapthis mode).

-Making more clear which zoom level's are downloaded and which not.

-Preview is something else then what is downloaded is my experience !

leon21ca
March 1st, 2007, 05:37
hello! Wonderful program. I’m still new to this stuff, I want to know what are this numbers beside Google Map in the select Map Source do? “w2.43, w2t.40, 15, w2.43” I'm using GMDL 0.4.9b

AZImmortal
March 1st, 2007, 07:47
AZImmortal, check Legacy Mode - however the directions file will then stop working with next release of Map This!, I think.

Hi in7ane, sorry for the late response. I haven't had time to mess around with this lately. Here are some screenshots of sample directions using both the default setting and the legacy mode setting with the latest GMDL and latest Map This! beta:

http://img207.imageshack.us/img207/9202/defaultfe4.png

Legacy
http://img141.imageshack.us/img141/2363/legacyop3.png

I realize that the extra lines introduced into the legacy directions are as a result of Map This! interpolating the directions. Is there any way to get the midpoint icons working properly in non-legacy mode so that they're not the same icon as the path points?

DennyPSP
March 1st, 2007, 08:46
DennyPSP, post in Russian if you want (tell me if you want the replies in Russian too) - I'll translate the question/answer for other's benefit. In GMDL - click Set under the MapCruncher option and select the directory with all the PNGs, it will get the numbers and set zooms by itself - just click Pull Tiles.

I so always make this, but at a choice zoom on other number (12, 10, etc) the map disappears from the screen.

And for what button Get Numbers?

http://foto.mail.ru/mail/delay2004/66/i-108.jpg

http://foto.mail.ru/mail/delay2004/66/s-108.jpg

in7ane
March 1st, 2007, 10:56
Codaz, if you are clicking Pull Tiles under Advanced, you need to click Get Numbers first to match the settings you are seeing when you click Preview 1x, 2x (Show Preview will then show the same as Preview 1x did) - the reason is for when you want to change the area manually by specifying x,y,zooms.

AZImmortal, that's why it's Legacy Mode :) I'll take a look if combining icons is possible under the new way directions are done. Alternatively, deniska, could you not display the icon for anything with WAYPOINT in the name of the point?

leon21ca, they are the historic layers of google maps data (they are read in at startup, so will change as google re-renders), for example you can sometimes get earlier satellite imagery by using a lower number than 15.

DennyPSP, Get Numbers does nothing for MapCruncher maps, for your map you have the following options:

1) wait for deniska to enable 2048 map support (see previous page)

2) set min zoom to a higher number

3) if you want to change the zoom you also need to change x and y, specify zoom=12, x=19, y=9 (zooming in by multiplying x,y by 2 then scrolling across and down by adding 1 to x and y) then click Show Preview

DennyPSP
March 1st, 2007, 12:01
Get Numbers does nothing for MapCruncher maps, for your map you have the following options:

1) wait for deniska to enable 2048 map support (see previous page)

2) set min zoom to a higher number

3) if you want to change the zoom you also need to change x and y, specify zoom=12, x=19, y=9 (zooming in by multiplying x,y by 2 then scrolling across and down by adding 1 to x and y) then click Show Preview[/QUOTE]

My full maps 4048 map :( Big town
What dependence between numbers?
Zoom 13
y 4

Zoom 12
y 9

How to calculate following ZOOM it is independent

Zoom 11,10,9 etc

Get Numbers work super with MapCruncher maps of my town, but max ZOOM 5
When I move a map on axes X and Y that is displayed full map but only Zoom 5, it is impossible to increase display more or to make in manual?

Thanks

AZImmortal
March 1st, 2007, 14:39
AZImmortal, that's why it's Legacy Mode :) I'll take a look if combining icons is possible under the new way directions are done. Alternatively, deniska, could you not display the icon for anything with WAYPOINT in the name of the point?

Thanks for all the time you're putting into this. If the icon wasn't displayed, I'd assume that there would still be a way to have the waypoint text be displayed on-screen? I'm talking about the distance remaining (and upcoming turn if it's enabled).

deniska
March 1st, 2007, 15:33
AZImmortal & in7ane,

I am going to allow repetition of !IMAGE declarations of the same image in the WAYPOINT files in the next version, so you can toggle between 2 to 10 images any number of times you want..

See the sample decalration below:
#
!WAYPOINT
#
!IMAGE:circle.png,
40.619349,-73.970929,39 ft,Head south on E 5th St toward Avenue L,
40.619240,-73.970910,381 ft,Turn left at Avenue L,
40.619390,-73.969550,1.8 mi,Turn left at Ocean Pkwy,
!IMAGE:waypoint.png,
40.638520,-73.973180,0.5 mi,MIDPOINT,
40.640900,-73.973670,0.3 mi,MIDPOINT,
!IMAGE:circle.png,
40.644930,-73.974380,1.9 mi,Slight right at Prospect Expy/RT-27 W,
!IMAGE:waypoint.png,
40.645910,-73.974520,1.8 mi,MIDPOINT,
40.648220,-73.974970,1.7 mi,MIDPOINT,
40.648800,-73.975100,1.7 mi,MIDPOINT,
40.649790,-73.975430,1.6 mi,MIDPOINT,
40.653420,-73.977460,1.3 mi,MIDPOINT,
40.654350,-73.978240,1.3 mi,MIDPOINT,
40.654780,-73.978730,1.2 mi,MIDPOINT,
40.655540,-73.979840,1.1 mi,MIDPOINT,
40.659270,-73.986010,0.7 mi,MIDPOINT,
40.659510,-73.986330,0.6 mi,MIDPOINT,
Below is the creenshot of how it looks (note that the midpoint dots are still there, but they could be displayed as clear images if needed)
BTW, I am not too thrilled about the cirle icons - could someone design something more aesthetic ;-)?

in7ane
March 1st, 2007, 22:10
http://www.in7ane.com/psp/gmdl0.4.10b.zip

deniska, AZImmortal, the new directions format is now in.

Also Local.Live maps now have the navigation in Local.Live (road, hybrid and satellite is supported).

DennyPSP, when you decrease zoom by 1 multiply x and y by 2 - then you get the left topmost tile zoomed in. This has a lot more on the issue: http://mapki.com/wiki/Automatic_Tile_Cutter#The_Google_Map_Tile_Structur e

zsc
March 1st, 2007, 23:00
in7ane, got a question, I had created a large and had checked the box to 'fill missing tiles'. as a result, I noticed that I got a lot of "empty" image files. by "empty" I mean a solid color image file. I get that they're the "fillers". well, since I had only selected 5x5 tiles out of the 8x8 tiles, there are a lot of these fillers, especially on my 8>-1 zoom map.

anyway, my question is this, do I need these fillers? since this is a new feature, my guess would be that mapthis should still work without the fillers, I just want to know if it's better to have them.

DennyPSP
March 1st, 2007, 23:10
To in7ane,

(when you decrease zoom by 1 multiply x and y by 2 - then you get the left topmost tile zoomed in. This has a lot more on the issue: http://mapki.com/wiki/Automatic_Tile_Cutter#The_Google_Map_Tile_Structur e[/QUOTE])

I cannot understand as there multiply and add...
Can you will tell as you has counted for 12 zoom my map write PLEASE

fupeng
March 2nd, 2007, 03:26
Suggestion a new feature:

We can browse downloaded map files like Mapthis does on a PSP. By this way, we can test the map data before transferinh it into PSP.

leon21ca
March 2nd, 2007, 04:21
hello. I'm having a problem with downloading google maps. it was working fine before but don't know why now everytime I finished download the maps and it's converting to GPSFS after it done, it says:

"something went wrony, invalid dir, GPSFS already exists, etc." and it shows the folder location of the map been downloaded " + is where it's (temp) at never having made it to" the folder I point to " (if different)"

The folder I point to is made with "_" in the front, and all the maps tiles are in that folder and all looks ok. and if I click the "->GPSFS" button under the progress it will then create all five GPSFS files for me, but when I copy them to the MS and load it up in Map This 047 or 048 it just freeze for a while and shut down the unit. Can any one help me out, please!!

I'm using firmware 3.10 OE-A2 and PSP-290, and I have tried on 3.03 OE-B it does the same.

Thanks

kogetsu
March 2nd, 2007, 04:53
I'm new here and I need some help. I am trying to build the map for Toronto Canada, I use the map download program to get the map of Toronto and after it was done, i look into the _Toronto folder I didnt find the geodata.dat file, how am I be able to make this file ? I have the Sony PSP GPS device, is it without the geodata.dat file, I cannot make it work with Map This right?

deniska
March 2nd, 2007, 05:15
I'm new here and I need some help. I am trying to build the map for Toronto Canada, I use the map download program to get the map of Toronto and after it was done, i look into the _Toronto folder I didnt find the geodata.dat file, how am I be able to make this file ? I have the Sony PSP GPS device, is it without the geodata.dat file, I cannot make it work with Map This right?

geodata.dat is for street address resolution only..
There is no geodata available for Canada yet..but
you should still be able to get the maps, and perhaps POIS, using the tool...
Your Toronto folder should include either 5 GPSFS* files or subfolders with map tiles.... and it should work in MapThis.. if it does not - try describing what you do in greater detail (perhaps sharing your map online) so other could help you..

MIB.42
March 2nd, 2007, 05:27
Suggestion a new feature:

We can browse downloaded map files like Mapthis does on a PSP. By this way, we can test the map data before transferinh it into PSP.

I second this very strongly.

Today I spent at least 2 hours debugging MapThis! and it turned out to be corrupted GPSFS.

Deniska, any comment on this?

deniska
March 2nd, 2007, 05:44
I could not find any problems with in7ane's map files for quite awhile. every time I find an issue - it turns out to be my bug, lol..
But sure, if he is willing to setup a better testing tool - I am up for it...
In my experience, maps usually get corrupted on the MS as a result of unexpected shutdowns...

In any case, here is yet another beta, addressing some of the issues and possibly introducing new ones :-)
http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=368627&posted=1#post368627

leon21ca
March 2nd, 2007, 06:23
I too like to see a tool that can browse downloaded map before copy them to the MS.

I also have a suggestion feature for the GMDL, maybe can be put in on the next release. that is a close button for the 8x8 tile window. because once click on the "pull tiles" the 8x8 pop up window can not be close, sometime once I see how the map been cut up in tile, i want to make some changes to the map position or zoom, but no way to close the window and make the changes. not any way that I know of it. if there already a way to go back, can you tell me how? but still be easier just have a button on top of the pop up window to close it and go back to the Browser window.

in7ane
March 2nd, 2007, 11:52
DennyPSP, subtract 1 from zoom and multiply x and y by 2 to zoom into the top left tile, it works like this (zoom 13 9,4 then zoom 12 18,8 then zoom 11 36,16, etc. while to move about the x is like the standard x axis, while the y is inverse - y=0 is at the north pole and as you go south it increases):

http://www.in7ane.com/psp/posts/tile_structure.png

zsc, the filler tiles are no longer needed (they were a work around for a bug a few versions back that I forgot to remove) - I'll disable the option in the next release.

Regarding the map tester/browser - I'll include a tester that loads (flashes?) every image into a Bitmap to see if it's ok and gives a report on how many total/missing/specified/ok/bad tiles there are (it'll take quite a while to run for large maps I imagine), is this what deniska and MIB.42 want? For a browser, you do realize that it will probably be not particularly user friendly (nothing like an offline version of google maps, more like what you see on multimap.com) do you still think there is a use for it then?

leon21ca, could you post the settings for the map you were downloading when creating GPSFS failed (can you check that you didn't run out of space), I'll take a look at it (though this is going to be something that's a bit hard to replicate I imagine). I'll put in a cancel button out of the detail selection screen in the next version.

leon21ca
March 2nd, 2007, 14:09
I download the new GMDL 0.4.10b and test it out last night, and this time everything work out ok, I didn't get the GPSFS failed message. I'm not sure is it something that I did wrong before most likly that's the case, or the new release fixed the problem somehow. I'll try to download a big detailed map over 1,300,000 tiles of south Ontario and US boarder without the GeoData to see if it gives me any error or not. it will take me a while to download that about a day. so I'll keep you posted if something come up again.

And Thank you for taking my suggestion. keep up the great work :)

AZImmortal
March 2nd, 2007, 15:03
deniska & in7ane: Thanks for implementing the new features for directions. It's exactly what I wanted. :thumbup:

deniska
March 2nd, 2007, 16:02
in7ane, here is some suggestions to make your tool even better (feel free to disregard ;-)) :
1) removing old/legacy stuff - to clean up the space on screen (for example, i doubt that anyone uses [oGPSFS] button
2) display download progress (%) on taskbar while minimized
3) Help baloons, for main labels/components
For instance, not too many people know what "No GPSFS" check box really means and weather they need to check it..so little explanation (read from some config file?) would reduce the number of questions/complains that people post...

haizad
March 2nd, 2007, 21:17
Hey in7ane...I was busy for few days..and when I got back to your prog..I had a really nice surprise.Glad you took the trouble to implement my suggestion...I really love your prog...hope that I'll be able to give more recommendations after trying out this new version.Thanks alot...you and deniska are up there with DAX and Booster in my eyes....GREAT WORK GUYS...

DennyPSP
March 2nd, 2007, 23:17
To in7ane
Thanks you huge at me all has turned out, except for this get numbers too works it is just necessary x and y to divide on 2...

But now other problem when I press Pull Tiles there is a map and some levels of approximation 64x 32x 16x 8x 4x 2x 1x, first and last I cannot remove, and others 32 16 8 4 2 when on what that of them I remove a mark, at opening on PSP which I have not chosen empty white background that levels shows

How to make at a map a black back background as you has made in the map which at you hangs

kogetsu
March 3rd, 2007, 04:59
To deniska :

Thank you for your relpy, i now get the map be able to view if i use map this v0460 running 1.5 , however, if i use map this 0461s beta running under 3.11 through devhook, everytime when i start the program, it gives out a error message menu say "Loading USB Accessory module ...... error" , may I ask you how to fix it cuz i dont want to flash my PSP with 3.10OE or 0461s beta will only work under 3.10OE ? I already copy the usbacc.prx from 3.11 fw and the usbgps from maplus but i never be able to get Map This start, where should I copy the src folder to MS ? the root or inside game folder?
Thank you for your help.

deniska
March 3rd, 2007, 07:27
kogetsu,
0461S requires 2 prx files which you have to extract from the 3.** firmware in order to make it work...
If you don't plan to use the program with psp-290 gps recever you may want to get a most current generic beta version of MapThis.
in any case search thru the 0.4* version release threads. they have the nifo on how to extract the required prx files and release info for the latest beta versions...

kogetsu
March 3rd, 2007, 08:35
I downloaded the 0.461S from your site http://deniska.dcemu.co.uk/ and I did extract the usbacc.prx from 3.11 FW and usbgps from both 3.11 FW and maplus and they both doesnt work, the only different is, from your 0.461S nfo file it said you tested it under 3.03OE but I am using devhook to turn my PSP from 1.5 to 3.11 and then run Map This under 3.11 environment, the program loads up but give me the error msg. hmm....maybe thats why I didnt work. thank you for your reply and I will test it under 3.10 OE again and let you know if it works or not. Also, from the nfo, it didn't mention where I should put the SRC folder to and I suspect thats the reason why it didnt work, thus I would like to ask should I copy the SRC folder to the root of the MS or inside the game folder? thank you for your help

kogetsu
March 3rd, 2007, 08:38
To deniska:
One more thing, I am using the sony PSP-290 GPS receiver thats why I try to get it work with your 0.461S. Thank you for your help.

in7ane
March 4th, 2007, 21:54
http://www.in7ane.com/psp/gmdl0.4.11b.zip

deniska, % done is now in the menu bar, I'll have a go at implementing help via tool tips loaded from a file (similar to how translation works).

deniska, MIB.42, testing of GPSFS maps is in (and it takes forever), let me know if this is what you had in mind (it would be good to get a copy of a corrupted map to test it, if anyone has one - could they please post it).

A viewer of GPSFS maps is also in - with a poor interface as promised (perhaps someone wants to write a plugin for World Wind?).

leon21ca, a cancel button has been added to the detail selection screen.

DennyPSP, the black background is a result of transparent PNGs being converted to JPEG (if you leave the JPEG checkbox checked you should get it). While skipped levels will always get the grey checkered missing tile background (you could change the blank.png in mapViewer/system but that's probably not a good idea).

Codaz
March 4th, 2007, 23:12
My corrupt map is posted in the discussion forum, topic my psp hangs and then dies. You'll find the Divshare link there.

It has a download hole in it, so it chrashes mapthis versions 0.461S and 0.48

leon21ca
March 5th, 2007, 03:11
excellent work in7ane! GPSFS viewer works great! now we all can browse the maps before copy it to MS. Thanks for the cancel button, it make thing lot easier now. ;-) Keep up the good work! :-)

MIB.42
March 5th, 2007, 03:55
My corrupt map is posted in the discussion forum, topic my psp hangs and then dies. You'll find the Divshare link there.

It has a download hole in it, so it chrashes mapthis versions 0.461S and 0.48

Indeed, one of the _EINDHOVEN map's zoomlevels seems to be missing all the tiles with some weird offset values. ( Your latest drop just ignores them, regarding possible as empty ). The latest MapThis does NOT crash with this though! At least mine doesn't... Let me know if yours still does with the 0491 release...

MIB.42
March 5th, 2007, 04:53
deniska, MIB.42, testing of GPSFS maps is in (and it takes forever), let me know if this is what you had in mind (it would be good to get a copy of a corrupted map to test it, if anyone has one - could they please post it).

This is great, thanks.
Quick question though and please forgive my ignorance :
What do you consider bad tiles (pic not generated?) and empty (offs==-1?) tiles?
In the _EINDHOVEN map, I get several x==-10857 besides the x==-1 for offsets. Is this OK or "bad" ?

Thx.

in7ane
March 5th, 2007, 09:57
MIB.42, bad tiles are just anything that should be an image (idx >= 0) but fails to load into a bitmap (corrupt image data, or wrong derived length should trigger it as well).

That is ok, it's to specify the length of the previous tile when the next one is empty.

/4x/007/4x007007.png,4,1417297 <- length is 10857
/8x/000/8x000000.png,4,-10857 <- empty
/8x/000/8x000001.png,4,-1 <- empty

kogetsu
March 5th, 2007, 18:12
To deniska,

I am sorry to trouble you again but I still having some problem. I now be able to run mapthis 0.46s on 3.03OE , the map is loaded however the gps unit didnt seems working, it won't locate my position on the map, what step do i miss right now? Thank you for your help.

kogetsu
March 5th, 2007, 18:32
when i try my psp-290 device with your gps test program, I usually can only find 3 satellites but never be able to fixed on any satellites, is that what cuz the problem? Also, i would like to ask whats POI for? cuz when i make the map, i only download the map, do I also have to make the POI for the map as well?

deniska
March 5th, 2007, 20:46
when i try my psp-290 device with your gps test program, I usually can only find 3 satellites but never be able to fixed on any satellites, is that what cuz the problem? Also, i would like to ask whats POI for? cuz when i make the map, i only download the map, do I also have to make the POI for the map as well?
You are posing in a wrong thread - read the PSP-290 thread for PSP-290 connection issues..
POI - Points Of Interest - collection of GPS coordinated of different attractions (like gas, shops, restaurants, etc). POI files are generated separatelly and not included in the maps (since people may be interested in different attractions)

meme me
March 5th, 2007, 23:18
Hi inZane using GMDL 4.5b i can use the point to point routing in any newer one 4.6b to 4.11b when i hit directions tab i do not see the any of the "get values" "list" area. the map area fills to the right edge of my screen ans no scroll at the bottom.
any ideas thanks

deniska
March 6th, 2007, 03:38
in7ane,
I got following error after clicking on Russian Topomaps option in the most recent version:

joeschmoe.lyt
March 6th, 2007, 04:19
Deniska, I got a script error on an in7ane.com url when using the latest gmdl to get my geodata.dat
I have no clue if its related, if there are script errors across all his domain, etc. Do you use IE often? uhh...firefox? just curious
1) Is it possible to add negative zoom levels to my existing gpsfs map, preferably hybrid color to match?
2) Startupmap= what is the protocol here? I tried simply using my map's name, with and without the "_" no dice
3) Can I make my own route by creating poi's at the intersections? Someone I adore has dire need of my service and my psp. I want to create
a particular route for her which I know to be the least traffic-congested path, but of course, google says to go a completely different route.

It seems what I'm requesting is totally different from the rest of this thread. Should I move it to the other thread?
1)Set a marker.
2)Make a straight line until the road curves or turns away from the line.
3)Place another marker...and so on.
4)Save this as a route.
Its so simple!! Could it work?

MIB.42
March 6th, 2007, 07:37
It seems what I'm requesting is totally different from the rest of this thread. Should I move it to the other thread?
1)Set a marker.
2)Make a straight line until the road curves or turns away from the line.
3)Place another marker...and so on.
4)Save this as a route.
Its so simple!! Could it work?

You mean you wish to store the cross (set marker) and circle (pathpoints) combinations in MapThis?
This should be most certainly doable and later reloadable on a per map basis... I'll look at this...

joeschmoe.lyt
March 6th, 2007, 08:32
Right...just a little something thats simple enough for everyone to do, namely the pc illiterate.

in7ane
March 6th, 2007, 10:37
meme me, that should have been fixed a few version ago - could you post your resolution and whether the window is maximized and if the start bar is displayed - and I'll try to replicate and fix it.

deniska, if you redownload http://www.in7ane.com/psp/gmdl0.4.11b.zip I think I've disabled all the java script errors for that web browser - it seems to behave differently on every machine (if not - it should still work if you click through the ok's in the errors, tell me and I'll dig deeper).

joeschmoe.lyt, could you post how you got the geodata script error.

leaod
March 6th, 2007, 13:36
in7ane,

I've created some icons to use with GMDL tool and
Mapthis. Attached there is a pack with 18 icons that I guess should help all users.

Icon list:

- Airports (new)
- Bank
- Cinema
- Congestion charge/ or just congestion (I don't know if there is another place like London that charges to use some part of city). (new)
- Default (new)
- Drink
- Food
- Friends
- Garage
- Gas
- Hospital (new)
- Hotel
- Market
- Motorway Services (new)
- Nightclubs (new)
- Parking (new)
- Speed Camera (new)
- Tour Attraction (new)

If you guys have any other default icon to be created, please just list them here.

Cheers.

Codaz
March 6th, 2007, 14:45
Indeed, one of the _EINDHOVEN map's zoomlevels seems to be missing all the tiles with some weird offset values. ( Your latest drop just ignores them, regarding possible as empty ). The latest MapThis does NOT crash with this though! At least mine doesn't... Let me know if yours still does with the 0491 release...

0491 isn't for the psp-290 that it use.

meme me
March 6th, 2007, 14:47
RES is 1280 x 1024
window maxed
start bar is visible
i see and can use the scroll bar but "<-oG" is as far as i get with only map below it.
window moved to right it will not drag open any further

dloading
March 6th, 2007, 18:37
Hi in7ane,
I've tried your latest builds with proxy support but it was still not working for me, because I'm on a NTLM auth lan so I needed also the domain..
But now I've setup visual studio.net so I made the changes by myself :) , here is an update based off yourgmdl0.4.11b.zip .

Changes are:

Support for proxy authentication that need domain along with user and pass
Automatically prompt for proxy login if first connection made by the program report a "authentication needed" exception

I hope you'll like this

Bye and thanks for your work as always!!

in7ane
March 6th, 2007, 21:08
http://www.in7ane.com/psp/gmdl0.4.12b.zip

dloading, that is in, thanks.

leoad, thanks for the icons - they are in now. I made default.png the default POI icon and deleted all the others, except waypoint.png and circle2.png renamed to circle.png (any ideas on better ones for directions?). If anyone plans on using existing POI/directions in newly created maps you will probably need to edit the files or copy over the legacy icons by hand.

meme me, I can't seem to replicate it - can you check this:

does it looks roughly like this on startup:
http://www.in7ane.com/psp/posts/1280_1024_max.png

if de-maximized, does it by any chance work properly, and if you scroll to the bottom right do you see an extra pixel on the side of the tab (this is what should make sure the scroll bars and anchoring work correctly)
http://www.in7ane.com/psp/posts/1280_1024_border.png

meme me
March 6th, 2007, 23:31
even with 4.12 i get the same as b4
http://premium1.uploadit.org/musikman//GMDL1280x1024.docx

this is a word doc pic sorry could not screen shot

leaod
March 7th, 2007, 00:36
in7ane;
I don't know if you already know about this site but below is link to google maps mania. Very nice web site with a lot of new features for google maps.

The best one is you can create your own playlist to play different songs for each part of your journey.

Maybe you can add some features to GMDL ;-)

http://googlemapsmania.blogspot.com/

dloading
March 7th, 2007, 09:33
I forgot to update config.txt to support domain, so I've made some other little changes for this.
Than I've found also a little problem on reading config file..you used toUpper but user/pass are often case sensitive, so I've removed it.

Here is the update based off your latest gmdl0.4.12b.zip .

Bye! :)

in7ane
March 7th, 2007, 10:32
meme me, I think it's to do with windows dpi/font sizing (Control Panel/Display Properties/Settings/Advanced if it is not Normal size (96 dpi)) I doubt you want to change that though as it will change how windows looks - I'll see if I can specify it for GMDL without affecting widows as a whole.

dloading, thanks.

leaod, let me know if you want something specific added, as for the playlist - I could make the file specify songs in the same way as icons - but first it would have to be supported by Map This! (don't know if it's possible for Map This! to call the plugin to play mp3s though).

in7ane
March 7th, 2007, 10:58
meme me, could you try and re-download http://www.in7ane.com/psp/gmdl0.4.12b.zip (build 19549) it still doesn't look particularly good with big fonts but at least it seems to work now. (dloading's changes are in as well)

leaod
March 7th, 2007, 11:10
in7ane,
Don't you worries with the playlist feature, it's nice but not important.

http://www.gpsvisualizer.com

Looks a kind of tool to draw vectorial maps using google maps, maybe can help you in some moment.

deniska
March 7th, 2007, 15:55
in7ane,
I have a feature request: can you add an option to "glue" map tiles together in 4096x4096 or 8192x8192 pixel image chunks?
This can be usefull for "MapCrunching" of "non-googlized" map vendors like rambler, maps2go, etc...
Even with standard projection maps, some people may want to use it to re-map the areas that Google or VE plotted with positional errors..

I wrote a small cygwin script to do this (using imageMagic tools), but, I bet, it would be too hard for most people to follow the cygwin and imageMagic install...
;-)

meme me
March 7th, 2007, 19:12
4.12b ike you say not pretty but it works
thanks for the fix

zashley1
March 7th, 2007, 19:34
I have tried to create a extremely small list of for gas sation poi's and restaurant poi's just for a test in my home town. I am running the latest version of gmdl according to the launch (auto detect version). I can see these poi files in mapthis and I can select the restaurant poi and see the icons but when I select the gas stations they don't seem to come up. I have a fairly medium size map ~673MB. It is all of Illinois at 2x zoom and 128x. I am just wondering if it something I am doing wrong or if it is even possible to do what I am trying to do. basically I when I am on a trip I wanna search for the nearest bank, gas station and restaurant, without having to reconnect to my pc and get a dif poi one at a time. If there steps to do this, please let me know. I am not sure what all the buttons are for.

zashley1
March 7th, 2007, 19:38
By the way deniska and in7ane, you guys rock. As soon as i seen the PSP 290 support I jumped on ebay and got it. This is really fun. I am an outdoor enthusiast as well so this is gonna be handy. Thanks for all the hard work and effort. If there is a way to support let me know.

in7ane
March 7th, 2007, 20:08
deniska, can you re-download http://www.in7ane.com/psp/gmdl0.4.12b.zip (build 31991) there's now a button in the GPSFS viewer to save 8192x8192 (max) tiles of the base layer - is this the general idea? I can make the size and the layer specifiable if you want, but gluing tiles straight from google maps, not GPSFS, seems to be beyond what google tolerates: http://gmerge.2ni.net/

zashley1, check that the POI file specified icons are in the map directory, try with a smaller (400 or less) POI file, if that fails post it here.

deniska
March 7th, 2007, 21:26
deniska, can you re-download http://www.in7ane.com/psp/gmdl0.4.12b.zip (build 31991) there's now a button in the GPSFS viewer to save 8192x8192 (max) tiles of the base layer - is this the general idea? I can make the size and the layer specifiable if you want, but gluing tiles straight from google maps, not GPSFS, seems to be beyond what google tolerates: http://gmerge.2ni.net/

This is great stuff!! should help people to "GPS-convert" those russian and chinese maps vendors included in the tool...

zashley1
March 8th, 2007, 01:08
This may sound silly but how do the lat\lon divisors affect my poi's? I just tried

zashley1
March 8th, 2007, 01:09
And immediately got a maxed out error on of the cells so I guess i 'm not sure how uping my divisors help

zashley1
March 8th, 2007, 02:41
I was also wondering what key words are optimum for searching poi's. For example congestion or safety camera how would you create those?

Quicksilversvt
March 8th, 2007, 12:49
I'm wondering the exact same thing

joeschmoe.lyt
March 9th, 2007, 14:34
I was just creating a USGS topo map for a lake I'm going to this weekend. Theres a large white stripe on the left side of my map. Is this an anomaly and a coincidence? Or did USGS cripple me somehow? It really wiped out a large portion of my map. EDIT: Nevermind, its only in the 32x zoom level. Maybe its a USGS problem. This message will self-destruct in 5...4...Inspector Gadget anyone?

in7ane
March 9th, 2007, 15:39
zashley1, the divisors split the search area into smaller cells and query each one for POIs (since there is a maximum number of POIs per query that are returned - which is what is triggering the message), so set them higher until you no longer get the warning. Your best source for safety cameras are probably the TomTom lists people have created.

joeschmoe.lyt probably an area for which they have not scanned a map - can you see it on http://www.backcountrymaps.com/ (Topo layer)? If yes - post the location and I'll take a look at it, if no - you should probably email terraserver-usa since they may not even know they missed it.

zashley1
March 10th, 2007, 00:02
Success! I map searched peoria illinois (biggest city near my location) hit "got numbers" then Put "food" in the search field and set radius to 100 and put divisors at 120. It returned my results within 20 minutes. Upon reviewing the eye candy on the PSP I noticed the results were a bit off because it included things like seed companies(cattle feed I presume)and other random assortments. So now I have the same settings with "restaurant" in the search field and it returned cell max out error. So I bumped up my divisors to 150 and now I have been waiting for a result for approx. two hours. Should it take this long or do you think the program is hanging? Has anyone had this same result? Was it successful? and How long did it take?

deniska
March 10th, 2007, 00:53
You may want to wait a day or 2 before a new "search"..putting 100 in to Lat/lon divisor boxes would trigger 10000 POI inquiries from your IP..
after a certain number the vendor's application would realize that this is an automated inquiry and may either ban your IP or return some "ERROR" page which may take more time to get...
Therefore you are seeing extremely long times...

zashley1
March 10th, 2007, 01:23
So does it work if I were to make smaller ones and copy and paste the text (without the image tag of course)?

deniska
March 10th, 2007, 02:08
sure

tauzins
March 11th, 2007, 05:29
ok, can someone reupload the newest ver. of this program? the link there for the new one isnt working

Edit: sry i found it now, but now im so confused on using the newest one lmao.

Mystheryman
March 11th, 2007, 19:41
hmm
@the moment I'm trying to create a Map of Germany.
(8162 map size) but when I'm clicking Download (after unchecking some tiles) the program is crashing :(

in7ane
March 12th, 2007, 01:03
http://www.in7ane.com/psp/gmdl0.4.13b.zip

Screenshot of a Canadian topographic map with geodata: http://www.in7ane.com/psp/posts/toporama.png

(1)
GeoData for Canada (thanks to the StatCan 2006 census) - I have fudged the data into auto generated zip codes, so for now you do not get the town and province names, just the number and street name (I do intend to look at the boundaries file for proper regions, or setting closest cities eventually).

(2)
Canadian Toporama ( http://atlas.nrcan.gc.ca ) topographic maps. Works as follows: navigate to your desired area as usual, pull 800x800 tiles which will be automatically assembled and aligned into a MapCruncher YUM file, render the MapCruncher file, then use the result as a MapCruncher source (if other people use this I can potentially make it a one-step process since MapCruncher has a command line option - let me know).

Sample mashup: http://www.in7ane.com/toporama/ (no I will not render all of Canada, just the parks :), but I guess it wouldn't hurt other Canadians here to contact Natural Resources Canada and ask them to add the Toporama layer to their existing Web Map Service - that would enable backcountrymaps.com like services).

Sample map: http://www.in7ane.com/psp/maps_toporama_canadian_parks/_Killarney%20Provincial%20Park%20(Toporama).zip

Note: Algonquin (1024x1024 area equivalent map with 2304 800x800 tiles does not load into MapCruncher, but Killarney at 256x256 with 144 800x800 tiles does), so the next version will group 800x800 tiles into 8000x8000 (probably) ones.

(3)
tooltips.txt - works the same as translation.txt, if anyone gets around to populating some of the controls I can start distributing it.

Sample:

GMdl.label6(Map Name (start with _):)=
GMdl.map_name()=Path to the directory where the map images will be downloaded
GMdl.tabs()=

(4)
Previously released under .12 re-releases:

(a)
Semi-usable sizing under big fonts.

(b)
Saving 8192x8192 base level tiles from the viewer (if you want to run non GPS compatible maps through MapCruncher).

deniska, I think the address lookup (don't know if exact or exhaustive) does not clear search results from a previous search if you perform a search which returns no results (to replicate: search for a street address that exists and select it, then search for gibberish and it will show the previous results). And a feature suggestion out of that - the ability to see the last search results again without having to retype the search terms (or was this the idea behind the above ie not a bug but a feature?).

Mystheryman, if the map download starts ok without unchecking any tiles it is a RAM issue that I am aware of (I will hopefully get around to redoing the area selection screen which will solve it), if not let me know and I will try to replicate and fix it. However, you have a very slim chance of fitting a map of that size onto a memory stick.

deniska
March 12th, 2007, 03:13
pretty impressive stuff, in7ane!

I'll look in to geosearch logic, whenever I have time..

Codaz
March 12th, 2007, 07:24
in7ane, the following bugs are found by me in GMDL 0.4.12b yesterday.

Poi's aren't displayed correctly, but only as blue dots, not as gas icons (i selected gas.png in GMDL and applied to all).

-Directions are very often given too late. For example, if i must take the exit on the highway, the poi is given ON the exit, not in front of it.

Mystheryman
March 13th, 2007, 11:48
Mystheryman, if the map download starts ok without unchecking any tiles it is a RAM issue that I am aware of (I will hopefully get around to redoing the area selection screen which will solve it), if not let me know and I will try to replicate and fix it. However, you have a very slim chance of fitting a map of that size onto a memory stick.

Without unchecking any Tiles everything is working fine.
But i Think the map gets to big (I only need germany ;) )
Same with newest GMDL.

Just for Info:
I'm using Windows Vista
and my Hardware:
AMD 64 3500+ and 2GB of Ram.

JoQ
March 13th, 2007, 12:18
in7ane, i know that the geodata.dat is only for US... but will it work if i find any for Sweden (Europe)? I found some files, but they aint ".dat" format, is there any converter?

Thanks alot!

justisasha
March 13th, 2007, 18:04
Hello all i have a 3.11 psp and bought it in blackpool i also bought a gps reciever from hong kong wondered if anyone knows if i need a homebrew psp to make it work

Mystheryman
March 13th, 2007, 21:00
you need Homebrew, when you are living outside of Japan. Because Maplus software is only Covering Japan at the moment.

@JoQ Same question here in Germany ;)

kamatschka
March 13th, 2007, 21:06
Is the GeoData stuff for applying Adresses and Street Names to the Maps in MapThis?!

subfire91
March 14th, 2007, 01:09
are there any step by step instructions for using this app because it is really very complicated.

zashley1
March 14th, 2007, 04:39
subfire you should read this whole thread as well as the other for the psp-290 very useful info.

in7ane
March 15th, 2007, 12:41
Codaz, do you have gas.png in the map directory? If yes, can you post the map directory (without the GPSFS files). As for directions, you can change WARNINGDISTANCE in Map This! system/config.txt or check List Upcoming when creating directions in GMDL.

Mystheryman, I'll post when I've redone the area selection - the code around it is a bit of a mess so it may take a while.

JoQ, the geodata.dat files are a custom Map This! format, if you have data that has the following:

street name, street number, zip/post code, lat, lon

post it and I will look into creating geodata.dat out of it.

kamatschka, geodata is for address searches and reverse lookups (finding the closest address).

Quicksilversvt, to add geodata to an existing map:

1) Click GeoData (top left)
2) Select the StatCan RNF tab if you are adding Canadian geodata
3) Click 1/3 - Select map and select the map
4) Click 2/3 - Select for map
5) Click 3/3 - Save geodata.dat
6) Wait, and that's it.

in7ane
March 15th, 2007, 13:57
subfire91, I'm going to make an attempt at creating a video manual to show how the app works (mp4 videos created by Snapz Pro X, playable with Quick Time or VLC - videolan.org):

Downloading a map of LA with US GeoData (5:20 11.5 MB): http://www.in7ane.com/psp/manual/la_map.mov

(note: OpenStreetMap.org is used as the source - do NOT post videos of Google, VE, etc. being used as sources (USGS is fine), part of the area is deselected - that area is not downloaded at closer zoom levels to save space).

http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Map_This%21#Video_Manual

note: the app in the video looks a bit different than the initial .13 release, redownload http://www.in7ane.com/psp/gmdl0.4.13b.zip if you want the newer build.

JoQ
March 15th, 2007, 20:59
JoQ, the geodata.dat files are a custom Map This! format, if you have data that has the following:

street name, street number, zip/post code, lat, lon

post it and I will look into creating geodata.dat out of it.

Another member at this forum found this file for geodata in Gothenburg (city in Sweden). The fileformat is ".pba" but it is renamed to ".txt".
This should work excellent with GMDL, if you convert it to usable format ".dat".

Here is the file: http://www.megaupload.com/se/?d=177UY8KM

Hope you can make something out of this in7ane, i and pege36 will try to find geodata for whole of Sweden, but if u can convert this one we can try it out :)

Thanks alot for everything mate!

Codaz
March 15th, 2007, 23:38
JoQ, can you help with a geodata file of The Netherlands ?

JoQ
March 16th, 2007, 06:22
It wasnt me who found it, and the one who did... found it at a Swedish site. So there aint no Netherlands i think :/

JoQ
March 17th, 2007, 09:06
Here's the geodata for all major citys in Sweden, they aint put together, in different files. Maybe you can just put them together but i dont know how it works. All files are ".pba" -format. 40mb total of all files, i have checked and the adresses are correct.

I can try it out if u only want to test, just use the file i posted earlier or the "göteborg.pba" inside the zip-archive (same file). I live there and can try it out!

Thanks alot in7ane!

Download: http://www.megaupload.com/se/?d=9ZXNJVKJ

kamatschka
March 17th, 2007, 12:00
Is the GeoData stuff for applying Adresses and Street Names to the Maps in MapThis so you can search in MapThis for Streets?

Thanks...
greetz kamatschka

pattot
March 17th, 2007, 16:53
hello in7ane and deniska and thx for that verry great tools.
I am from Germany so sorry for my bad english ;)
the reason why im writing is that i cant disable the 1x zoom in gmdl.
So the download tooks verry much time.
Is there any possibility to change this ?
(the button where i could disable the 1x zoom is grey)
thx for your help , pat

in7ane
March 18th, 2007, 19:44
JoQ, that looks good - I've just got to figure out what easting northing conversion to use from the coordinates - let me know if you have any ideas:

1480 A C Lindblads gata 2 1 10 11 80.236 2 1078302.8809 508759.6122,1078054.3809 508873.6122,

kamatschka, yes - but there is only data for Canada and the USA for now.

pattot, click Advanced, then set min zoom to a higher value (1 to miss out the lowest zoom level, 2 to miss out the lowest two, etc.)

JoQ
March 18th, 2007, 20:23
in7ane, okey, i don't know anything, sad but true :P
If you want me to look something up i'll do it....

By the way, did you see the post i did before, with all the important citys in Sweden? Maybe it is possible to put them all together?
But if you want you can only do this for the "Gothenburg.pba" or "Göteborg.pba" (same file) and i'll try it out!

Thanks alot!

ShadowMind
March 19th, 2007, 01:19
A guide on POI's would be really useful because at the moment everytime I try to load them I barely see a window appear and disappear saying "Corrupt Data". Using GMDL Tool to get them.

zashley1
March 19th, 2007, 03:05
I created a basic POI tutorial. It is again in .mov format within the zipped archive. I am getting the hang of this bit more. The program I am using is simlar to the one I use at work but it is a little different and you might see me editing some of the prompts but don't let that confuse you. Again, this is how I do it. If you have any changes or have any suggestions let me know. Have fun!! Thanks Deniska and in7ane!!

Jubei
March 19th, 2007, 19:47
very nice tutorial zashley1, I just learned the trick to divide the map in smaller area when creating POIs, thanks

zashley1
March 20th, 2007, 02:30
OK I created a "better" map_dl tutorial for posting on this forum. I am using a topographical map in this one but you can choose what you want. Enjoy.

deniska
March 20th, 2007, 03:40
I just now realized that I posted the tutorials that are showing "certain map tools by certain major websites that shouldn't be up". I contacted the webmaster requesting them removed. So, if you need em get em before they are gone. I'll try to use some OpenStreetMap.org maps next. Sorry anyone I might of stepped on - only trying to help. I will repost my latest - thanks again guys.

Do you want me to edit or remove your previous posts?

in7ane
March 20th, 2007, 12:09
JoQ, what is the source of the pba files (I'm looking for some documentation, specifically what columns 7 and 8 are) since I no longer think the coordinates are just easting, northing as they don't make sense in the context of http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Swedish_grid

see: http://www.in7ane.com/psp/posts/pba_geodata.png

there seems to be a dimension to the data that I'm missing when just considering the coordinate set column (9)

As for creating a single file for all the pba's - sure, you can just paste them together or I'll set it up to read in all pba files in a directory.

JoQ
March 20th, 2007, 14:39
in7ane, i'll will check with the guy i got them from, he said they were from a program. I'll check...

Thanks for taking your time to help!

zashley1
March 20th, 2007, 18:16
Do you want me to edit or remove your previous posts?
Yes please - I wasn't sure if you could or not thanks.

GiUd@
March 21st, 2007, 16:11
hi guys,
i have a problem
today the gps has arrived to me but it doesn't work with mapthis

I use PSP290TEST and it seems not to receive signal form satellites...
and when i open mapthis and turn to GPS MODE it doesn't work...

maybe problems with prxs?
help me :(
i've 3.03oe-b fw

Mystheryman
March 21st, 2007, 16:49
Try following
usbacc.prx from Firmware 2.71
and
usbgps.prx from Firmware 3.03
This combination Works fine for me.
Perhaps you have to wait a while before you get a fix on some sat's.
Some people have to wait up to 10minutes.

But I can get a fix within 3 - 5 minutes.

gruntl
March 21st, 2007, 18:30
hi everybody, my psp-290 module just arrived an hour ago and i'm trying to set it up...my question: how do i extract *.prx files from a firmware? do i need something like PSARdumper or how does it work?

GiUd@
March 21st, 2007, 18:41
yes there are an extractor utility for 2.71 and 3.03 fw...

but i can't find the 2.71 one...but i remember there is another utility wich extract a package of the fw (data.psp) that have to be dumped

i can't remember :(:(:(
someone help us :D

xb0xb0y
March 21st, 2007, 19:26
Does anyone know how I'd be able to get maps of Japan in english? Google maps only shows it in Japanese, which I can't read. Many thanks to anyone that can help.

rhygin
March 22nd, 2007, 08:58
@gruntl and Guid@
please read the FAQ's before asking questions that have been answered lots of times.:(
Just do the same as I did read all threads from the first to the last page you will then most probably find the answer to your questions. Should your questions haven't been answered yet then and only then feel free to ask.
By the way this counts for everyone who has questions.
most of the stuff frequently asked is already in my FAQ check my sig.;)

rhygin
March 22nd, 2007, 09:01
Oh yes one other thing could everyone try to post their questions in the correct threads this would be really cool

zashley1
March 22nd, 2007, 18:38
I will be reposting a poi_dl file tomorrow. Sorry I can't of help sooner.

Milhause
March 22nd, 2007, 22:25
I finde page with Geodata, what I do it with this file.
I want transfer to Mapthis!
thank you
http://earth-info.nima.mil/gns/html/cntry_files.html

deniska
March 23rd, 2007, 05:15
I finde page with Geodata, what I do it with this file.
I want transfer to Mapthis!
thank you
http://earth-info.nima.mil/gns/html/cntry_files.html

You can convert the data in those files to MapThis' POI format with a unix script (see below). There seem to be no street level data in those files.. Only coordinates for towns,lakes,etc..

### usage:: ./filter [file_name]
cat $1|cut -f4,5,22|sed -e 's/\t/,/g'|{

read line

while [ -n "$line" ]
do
latlon=`echo $line|cut -d ',' -f1,2`
descr=`echo $line|cut -d ',' -f3|cut -b1-30|strings`
if [ -n "$descr" ]
then
echo $latlon,$descr,,
fi
echo "$line,,"
read line
done
}

gruntl
March 23rd, 2007, 14:38
yes ok sorry for my noobish questions, i figured it out now and its working fine, thanks deniska for your great work

what i'm thinking about now is that it would be really cool if a few people got together in a forum (or thread) and began sharing the maps they created, like uploading them on hosters like rapidshare.com. Not everyone would have to go through that trouble of creating them themselves and you'd have more maps, it would be faster too.

I also understand that there was a map download feature in older versions of mapthis, i haven't found it in the psp-290 version, am i just stupid or is it gone?

deniska
March 23rd, 2007, 18:50
I also understand that there was a map download feature in older versions of mapthis, i haven't found it in the psp-290 version, am i just stupid or is it gone?
It's currently disabled in psp-290 version until I figure out a way to make it work in 3.xx fw...

allenlee0112
March 24th, 2007, 19:04
Since lots of people, had difficulties with cygwin, in7ane, has come up with a nice gui PC tool for generating the maps...It's still in development phase (as most of this project :-), so if you find a bug, please report it in this thread...

screenshot:
http://deniska.dcemu.co.uk/images/gui.jpg

source and exe (in /bin/debug/):
http://deniska.dcemu.co.uk/bin/gmdl21.zip

it does require Microsoft .net 2 from http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/ (~22Mb)
but installation and usage seem to be much easier and straight forward for average user :-)

[EDIT] Here is a link to a newer version, featuring:
- custom map creation
- GPSFS - map compression format...
- POI/directions support
- numerous map vendor support
- hybrid maps and more
http://homepage.mac.com/f.levin/psp/gmdl0.2.15aGPSFS.zip

Check the thread for details and latest versions...
When I use the GeoData for Map This! it will always show this to me.
http://img15.imgspot.com/u/07/82/14/1.jpg

in7ane
March 25th, 2007, 18:10
xb0xb0y, I think this has come up before - as far as I know there aren't any English Japanese maps - let me know if you find one and I'll have a go at putting it in as a source.

allenlee0112, I suspect it's the non-English characters in the path (of the application and/or map) that are screwing it up - can you try running from C:\temp_app\GMDL\ rather than C:\Documents ... let me know if that solves it - if it does it should be easy to track down the code that crashes.

in7ane
March 25th, 2007, 21:36
http://www.in7ane.com/psp/gmdl0.4.14b.zip

Since Swedish geodata is taking a while, this is a minor bugfix/cleanup release in the meantime.

(1)
Mystheryman, detail selection now works differently - no longer fails on large maps, should be faster to create the ignore table and then to check tiles during the download. Let me know if there are still problems.

(2)
hatman101, hybrid maps now work as an overlay, and will work with the 2nd try tile download.

(3)
Toporama maps can now be downloaded, rendered, and converted in a once step process, see video at: http://www.in7ane.com/psp/manual/toporama.mov

(4)
WMS (Web Map Service) source support (an example is NASA OnEarth - which is currently down), and Atlas of Canada is under the WMS option (or paste in an URL - various lists at L1-5 links). Some NASA maps at: http://www.in7ane.com/psp/maps_various/

Don't remember if this was already in the initial release of the last version - you can now browse in VE Live.com or Google Maps (still not Google Satellite though).

ShadowMind
March 26th, 2007, 00:47
When I run the new gmdl0.4.14b I can get the maps to start downloading but they usually get to like 16%-20% and then the GeoData screen pops up and to the right it says its analyzing and gets all the way to downloading and it looks like the program hangs, is this normal or what?

in7ane
March 26th, 2007, 10:07
ShadowMind, are you deselecting any areas/zoom levels? If so, the tile count is the maximum potential tile count, but 20% still seems low (does the map work if you click View afterwards). As for the GeoData downloading stage - yes that will take some time depending on the area of the map and whether you already have the source files in your cache (if not using C:\GMDL the cache gets refreshed with every new release). Try a small area map, if it still doesn't work post exactly what you are doing (location, zoom, map source, etc.) and I'll take a look.

Mystheryman
March 26th, 2007, 11:39
@in7ane tile selection works fine now.
thx

EDIT: Big Download - whole Germany. My Networkcard in my PC get's burning *hehe*

vitalik5k
March 26th, 2007, 11:46
in7ane. why this version don't support MSN maps? How i get Tallinn (Estonia) map now? In previous versions i could choose Google maps or MSN maps, but now only USA cities.. i am asking because only MSN maps have detailed street map of Tallinn. Please bring back MSN maps

vitalik5k
March 26th, 2007, 11:51
sorry.. MSN maps is now VE

vitalik5k
March 26th, 2007, 12:25
does anybody know how to move map slowly in GMDL? I mean if I move map and push Preview - it is located in same place. Is it moving by grid? I need to move map a little to the left to fit it to screen

djou
March 26th, 2007, 12:42
hi people, i've got a problem with map download.
ok when i have to go to point A to point B, i enter the adress and zip code, there is the way in blue. i click on get value and after on list so there is a sentence "SOMETHING WENT WRONG". i follow correctly all explains but there is always this sentence!

if someone can help me (sorry for my english, i'm french)

Mystheryman
March 26th, 2007, 21:32
@in7ane your proggie is working fine.

But I have one question:
Do you plan to add a "Download manager" or something like that?
So you can continue downloading after the PC crashed or something?

Or are there any planned features?

ShadowMind
March 26th, 2007, 22:47
Thanks for replying, in7ane. Here's what I am doing. In the first screenshot I started in the Browse tab and went to the desired place on the map and checked the GeoData checkbox then clicked Advanced and clicked Get Numbers which were Zoom=11, X=14, Y=23, Min Zoom=7 (just need a wider range for view and not really close zoom levels for this map.) then I clicked Pull Tiles.
http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w211/ShadowMind33/GMDL1.jpg

ShadowMind
March 26th, 2007, 22:57
---Sorry if this is alot.---
Here is the second shot with the only squares selected are shown.
http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w211/ShadowMind33/GMDL2.jpg
I'm also getting this error.
http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w211/ShadowMind33/GMDL3.jpg
and the details of the error says this:

See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.Net.WebException: The remote server returned an error: (404) Not Found.
at System.Net.WebClient.DownloadFile(Uri address, String fileName)
at System.Net.WebClient.DownloadFile(String address, String fileName)
at GMDL.GEOmain.SaveDAT_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e) in C:\Documents and Settings\Admin\Desktop\GMDL\GEOmain.cs:line 645
at GMDL.GEOmain.MainScreen_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e) in C:\Documents and Settings\Admin\Desktop\GMDL\GEOmain.cs:line 157
at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnLoad(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnCreateControl()
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl(Boolean fIgnoreVisible)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl()
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmShowWindow(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Mes sage& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ContainerControl.WndProc(Mess age& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WmShowWindow(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.O nMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.W ndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.42 (RTM.050727-4200)
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
Global Map Download Tool
Assembly Version: 1.0.0.29203
Win32 Version: 1.0.0.29203
CodeBase: file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/Missionaries/Desktop/Hewett's%20Map%20Tool/GMDL/bin/Debug/Global%20Map%20Download%20Tool.exe
System.Windows.Forms
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Drawing
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
System.Data
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_32/System.Data/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Data.dll
System.Xml
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
System.Configuration
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll
ZipForge
Assembly Version: 1.3.0.0
Win32 Version: 1.3.0.0
CodeBase: file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/Missionaries/Desktop/Hewett's%20Map%20Tool/GMDL/bin/Debug/ZipForge.DLL
Accessibility
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Accessibility/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Accessibility.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
<system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.

in7ane
March 27th, 2007, 12:03
vitalik5k, you can't move the map by fractions of a tile - zoom out and then deselect the area that you don't need.

djou, does it work if you put the from/to into the text boxes manually and click List? Could you post a sample from/to and source (eg maps.google.fr) where this happens and I'll take a look at it.

Mystheryman, click Advanced, then check Repair Existing Directory (Set Dir to select it), and you can resume downloading a map (has to be individual files - which is what you would have if you crashed during a download, not GPSFS, with the same source/zoom/x/y/minzoom).

ShadowMind, tile counts should now be correct, as for the geodata - there seem to be some missing county files, that will give a warning and continue now (by the way - you will get a somewhat large geodata file for that map - so it will take a while to download/process). Thanks for reporting this. Redownload: http://www.in7ane.com/psp/gmdl0.4.14b.zip

deniska, any ideas on the missing county files, or are they just rural locations without street names/numbers? An example is 40001

Mystheryman
March 27th, 2007, 19:04
aaah
Thanks for the info

djou
March 27th, 2007, 19:07
hi in7ane, i have test to put manually a from/to:
results:
- with local.com working but my poi doesn't correspond with the real road because the style of the french adress doesn't match (ithink)
- with google.com and google.fr always the same mistake with the sentece "something went wrong" like this:
(from: 45 rue albert seibel 07200 aubenas, france to: la charričre 07000 coux, france)
http://img254.imageshack.us/my.php?image=snap1oz8.jpg]http://img254.imageshack.us/img254/8367/snap1oz8.th.jpg[/URL]

djou
March 27th, 2007, 19:10
http://img115.imageshack.us/my.php?image=snap1uk7.jpg]http://img115.imageshack.us/img115/3882/snap1uk7.th.jpg[/URL]

Codaz
March 27th, 2007, 20:39
I think you mean this:

http://img115.imageshack.us/my.php?image=snap1uk7.jpg

Codaz
March 27th, 2007, 23:23
in7ane, GMDL is crashing if i want to <- GPSFS, why is that (latest version 0.4.14b)

I'm back to 4.13

deniska
March 28th, 2007, 06:32
[/URL]

deniska, any ideas on the missing county files, or are they just rural locations without street names/numbers? An example is 40001

It's probably reserved for some millitary instalation or some other stuff...
At least USPS doent not seem to list it amongst their codes:
[url]http://www.quine.org/zip-all-40000.html (http://www.in7ane.com/psp/gmdl0.4.14b.zip)
and I had troubles resolving with with google's geocoder...

If you find more examples - let me know - perhaps some gaps can be due to errors in my loading scripts, which I can re-run and troubleshoot..

Er_SeVi
March 28th, 2007, 12:46
I like to know to me if you can to implement in your program the unloading of maps from this Web: http://www.viamichelin.es/

I believe that it has the updated maps and better done of Spain.

I feel it by my English but it is of the translator of the Google.

Thanks and greetings

outsider
March 28th, 2007, 16:04
Sorry for being so noob but everytime i download a map, it goes up to 93 or 95% and the geodata window comes up and does what its supposed to do and then sayd you may now close thsi window. the maps created are too small in size (6 megs,, with 3 cities in range (Toronto, mississauga, and brampton) with all levels of zoom) and when i open it on my psp, i cant see anything, all of teh map regardless ofzoom level is 'map and this level is not available' or what ever it is. any ideas, appreciate your time. oh and i tried both google and msn maps (in some cases i only see one square of mappage on my psp but that about it)

deniska
March 28th, 2007, 16:31
I like to know to me if you can to implement in your program the unloading of maps from this Web: http://www.viamichelin.es/

I believe that it has the updated maps and better done of Spain.

I feel it by my English but it is of the translator of the Google.

Thanks and greetings

Those may not be gps compatible right out of the box - they may need to be mapcrunched first.
the tile size is 254 pixels.. plus they seem to use some kind of encryption of their url parameters:
http://m1.viamichelin.com/mapsgene/dm/mapdirect;d29yXzAwMTJt;MDAwMDAwMDAxMTAwMDAwMDAwMzM =

outsider
March 28th, 2007, 18:44
Sorry for being so noob but everytime i download a map, it goes up to 93 or 95% and the geodata window comes up and does what its supposed to do and then sayd you may now close thsi window. the maps created are too small in size (6 megs,, with 3 cities in range (Toronto, mississauga, and brampton) with all levels of zoom) and when i open it on my psp, i cant see anything, all of teh map regardless ofzoom level is 'map and this level is not available' or what ever it is. any ideas, appreciate your time. oh and i tried both google and msn maps (in some cases i only see one square of mappage on my psp but that about it)

Can someone please help me?

in7ane
March 28th, 2007, 19:55
JoQ, I've got an alpha test (only decoding the .(3/8)435 code - so you get a random selection of streets covered) of the Swedish geodata, if you want to take a look at that and see if there are any obvious errors. GeoData, Sweden (PBA) tab, then Set Dir and select a directory with pba files (all 100 are fine) and lktab.txt (which you can get from what Kartex installs onto your hard drive) in it. Click Process Dir, wait a while and get the geodata.dat from DIR_NAME_geodata.

djou, it was a, recurring, regional number format bug 1.23 vs 1,23 (tell me if it happens elsewhere) - it's fixed in the directions now.

redownload: http://www.in7ane.com/psp/gmdl0.4.14b.zip

outsider, are you getting any errors saying the tiles were not downloaded? Try a small map (one or two zoom levels) and see if that works, also see if you check No GPSFS under Advanced - do you get the full ZOOMx directory structure with all of the tiles in it?

Codaz, that's strange, the GPSFS code hasn't changed in a while - could you put up a GPSFS map that extracts with 13 but crashes 14 and I'll try and see what's going on.

deniska, this is a complete list of the missing zips (all are from OK_county_borders, they are also in counties.txt):

djou
March 28th, 2007, 20:42
hi in7ane: it's working very nice! THANKS A LOT, your the best!
let's fine my way! @+

deniska
March 28th, 2007, 21:20
in7ane,
I'll try to re-run my scripts for "KY"..
BTW, looks like Sensus Bureau posted new data files (dated March 5) and removed the old ones...
Perhaps we should re-build the data for all states...
Do you have an ftp accont I can dump this data in to? (PM the details)

calvinwch
April 1st, 2007, 17:44
in7ane, or anyone.
Anyone try to download hybird map? I always got the time out error and the gmdl will delet the files downloaded.

anyway can I merge 2 sperate download? or how can i countine downloading the hybird map?

sorry to ask but i search everywhere can't find my answer.

kogetsu
April 2nd, 2007, 19:12
newbie need some help, I have a map file in .prm format, i wanna know if I can use in7ane's program to convert it to mapthis compatible format ? if not, which program should I use? I am sorry I cannot make a new thread so i post here.

allenlee0112
April 3rd, 2007, 01:11
xb0xb0y, I think this has come up before - as far as I know there aren't any English Japanese maps - let me know if you find one and I'll have a go at putting it in as a source.

allenlee0112, I suspect it's the non-English characters in the path (of the application and/or map) that are screwing it up - can you try running from C:\temp_app\GMDL\ rather than C:\Documents ... let me know if that solves it - if it does it should be easy to track down the code that crashes.

I tried again but it still shows me.
http://img15.imgspot.com/?u=/u/07/91/21/error.JPG

here is the error detail:
-------------------------------------------------------
System.Data
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_32/System.Data/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Data.dll
System.Xml
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
System.Configuration
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll
ZipForge
Assembly Version: 1.3.0.0
Win32 Version: 1.3.0.0
CodeBase: file:///C:/Tem_app/GMDL/bin/Debug/ZipForge.DLL

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
<system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.
--------------------------------------------------------------

in7ane
April 3rd, 2007, 10:29
calvinwch, if it's google hybrid, they block you after a while - try VE instead.

kogetsu, if you can get the map out as a bitmap then yes, after running it through MapCruncher (but chances are it's a vector map that's specific to some sat nav - then no).

allenlee0112, from that screenshot it looks like you are adding geodata to an existing map, but not clicking 2/3 - Select for map (there should be a list of counties in the datagrid after you do that). see: http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=378669&postcount=612

outsider
April 3rd, 2007, 17:06
thanks for your help in7ane. worked like a chram, now im just waiting for the gpsp cable to arrive and ill be on my way!

plastikowl
April 3rd, 2007, 18:46
First of all, thank you for a pair of wonderfully done software.

That being said however, I'm having 2 issues so far that I can't seem to find my way around.

1) I find that sometimes if I use the zoom feature, it loads up about half the tiles on the screen and just locks up the PSP. I then have to turn it completely off, and try again. It works perfectly otherwise, but intermittently fails at loading all of the tiles. (Seems to be doing it an awful lot now, no changes have been made to the map tiles or anything else between now and the times it was working great).

2) Address Lookup. I've read all about the Geodata, I even downloaded the entire 550mb library, and made sure the correct counties were selected. (San Diego County and Imperial County, California) And address lookup just locks up the whole PSP every time and freezes the screen. Reverse Geolookup however seems to work just fine, so I doubt that it is the quality of the data.

BTW: I am using 3.10 OE-A' FW. Is there something I can tweak to fix this stuff? Am I missing something?

Edit: This may be useless information, but it does this both on the higher cpu setting, and 222mhz. Trying really hard to get this resolved before my GPS-290 shows up in the mail :)

UPDATE: Nevermind! After perusing the MapThis crazy 71 page thread I found a link to the new beta, 0.4.97 and it works beautifully.
Wasn't the Geodata after all.

allenlee0112
April 3rd, 2007, 23:42
calvinwch, if it's google hybrid, they block you after a while - try VE instead.

kogetsu, if you can get the map out as a bitmap then yes, after running it through MapCruncher (but chances are it's a vector map that's specific to some sat nav - then no).

allenlee0112, from that screenshot it looks like you are adding geodata to an existing map, but not clicking 2/3 - Select for map (there should be a list of counties in the datagrid after you do that). see: http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=378669&postcount=612

Sorry gonna bother you again in7ane, but it still shows me error.

http://img15.imgspot.com/u/07/92/19/1.JPG

http://img15.imgspot.com/u/07/92/19/2.JPG

http://img15.imgspot.com/u/07/92/19/3.JPG

---------------------------------

Error Details:
------------------------------------------------------------------
See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.IO.DirectoryNotFoundException: Could not find a part of the path 'C:\Tem_app\GMDL\bin\Debug\480418\counties'.
at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
at System.IO.Directory.InternalGetFileDirectoryNames( String path, String userPathOriginal, String searchPattern, Boolean includeFiles, Boolean includeDirs, SearchOption searchOption)
at System.IO.DirectoryInfo.GetDirectories(String searchPattern, SearchOption searchOption)
at System.IO.DirectoryInfo.GetDirectories()
at GMDL.GEOmain.SaveDAT_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e) in C:\Documents and Settings\Admin\Desktop\GMDL\GEOmain.cs:line 694
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventAr gs mevent)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.O nMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.W ndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll
Global Map Download Tool
Assembly Version: 1.0.0.37033
Win32 Version: 1.0.0.37033
CodeBase: file:///C:/Tem_app/GMDL/bin/Debug/Global%20Map%20Download%20Tool.exe
System.Windows.Forms
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Drawing
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
System.Data

plastikowl
April 4th, 2007, 01:47
allenlee: did you check the "get" boxes on the counties your map covers?

allenlee0112
April 4th, 2007, 02:56
Thank for in7ane & plastikowl helping me
finally I found out the problem.
There are no GeoData for Oregon. No wonder it told me counties not found ><

nforce100
April 10th, 2007, 16:38
Great work again :)

Keep on it!

in7ane
April 11th, 2007, 20:48
http://www.in7ane.com/psp/gmdl0.4.15b.zip

Canadian geodata version 2 (with closest city names - looked up via http://gnss.nrcan.gc.ca/gnss-srt ) (you can delete statcan_rnf from c:\gmdl - the app will create and use statcan_rnf_v2)

JoQ, Swedish geodata, still not completely decoded but I'm getting there, in the meantime street searches work with all street numbers set to 1, then search for 1 STREETNAME. See http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=397984&postcount=717 about 0 street number searches, I think. (Decoding: x/y intercepts are the same, only the multipliers vary, and seem to have a pattern - code 122 is 2/6 code 244 is 2/12 - see the source for more).

allenlee0112, areas without geodata should now give a warning rather than a crash, thanks for spotting that.

JoQ
April 12th, 2007, 20:37
Veeeery nice work in7ane, i really appriciate (spelling?) it :D

Tried it out quick and it worked like a charm, only thing is the thing you said yourself, housenumbers.

Thanks for putting time to this, i think many swedish Map This! users will like it.

Keep up the good work!

WulfP
April 12th, 2007, 21:45
Great tool, very powerful, but not easy to understand (took me more than 7.5 hours...)

Iīm a newbie and desperately looking for a possibility, to get Lat/Lon-Coordinates of the 4 Edge-Tiles of the downloaded Map. I need this data for the calibration of the map. Coords.txt doesnīt help.

Is there alternatively an option to load a map via a given Lat/Lon-Rectangle?

Sorry if this question ist not new, but I couldnīt find this information anywhere.

deniska
April 13th, 2007, 01:39
Great tool, very powerful, but not easy to understand (took me more than 7.5 hours...)

Iīm a newbie and desperately looking for a possibility, to get Lat/Lon-Coordinates of the 4 Edge-Tiles of the downloaded Map. I need this data for the calibration of the map. Coords.txt doesnīt help.

Is there alternatively an option to load a map via a given Lat/Lon-Rectangle?

Sorry if this question ist not new, but I couldnīt find this information anywhere.

Perhaps this site can help you understand the google mapping system: http://mapki.com/wiki/Knowledge_Base

It also has a bunch of tools to link tiles to coordinates, etc...

JoQ
April 13th, 2007, 07:20
in7ane, i tried it a little more yesterday. It searches kinda good, but shouldnt it be showing road-directions? A line on the street where i should go? Couse now it is the "flypath" it is showing, as a white line (btw, a tip is to change the lines color, can't see it very well).

Thanks!

WulfP
April 13th, 2007, 11:49
Thanks for your reply! Didnīt know this KB.
Now I understand GM much better.

Especially the GM-Debugger

http://www.ponies.me.uk/maps/dbgmap.html

helped me a lot!

Finally I found on the same site
http://www.ponies.me.uk/maps/GoogleTileUtils.java

which supplies functions to transform GM-Coordinates to Lat/Lon and much more!

Now it should be easy to complete my script to export downloaded maps to Trekbuddy and use them on my mobile phone.

coach777
April 16th, 2007, 09:18
in7ane I've tried to translate POI to DAT ,
but received the error message that input string was not in a correct format.
I've tried in dec and dms formats but still have error.
What is wrong?

coach777
April 16th, 2007, 12:13
in7ane
Thanks a lot.
Now it works correctly but I have not understood
why before a name of street i must put 1 and
why search of a combination of symbols like in SEARCH POI MENU does not work?

in7ane
April 16th, 2007, 16:52
coach777, 1 for street numbers is only needed until the updated search makes it into the release version: http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=54109&page=20

I'm stripping out all symbols for geodata to make entry faster (, _ - ( ) etc.) - let me know if you want them left in.

Quicksilversvt
April 16th, 2007, 17:40
When adding Canadian Geodata to an existing map, do I need to check off all of the boxes that come up after I hit "Select for Map"? If so, why not add a feature that lets you select all? If not then disregard my ignorance.

Still the BEST homebrew combination EVER!!

telleslucia
April 16th, 2007, 21:50
Hi, I'm so glad to begin today. So, I need some help. I bought the GPS 290, but I don't know which program is better to use ...

pspesto
April 17th, 2007, 09:11
hi,

Ok it's very confusing everything. For instance version 0.497 said to replace Eboot and system yet it didn't tell that you had to have a previous version.

This really destroyed my expectations. I thought it would be put those two folder under /game150 and work outta the box. It turns out that I need to do a lot of manual work. For me it's fine but I can't find a place where it says FIRST TIME RUN instructions. All those assumed previous knowledge of stuff.

Could someone please tell give me a quick guide to get it up and running?

Apparently I need two things to get started:

1- Download the Map: from a variety of sources such as google, yahoo, VE, WMS, etc.

2- Get the GeoData: the 30mb pack and 500MB pack. ( I am presuming these add the coordinates, zip codes, gas stations and so on?)

Where does statcan_rnf_v2.zip 30MB on in7ane.com fit it in all this? Is this for Canada or something? I am in USA.

With these two things I can start in this order:

1- Download the Map.
2- Browse.
3- Preview. (doing this I got 5 pictures)
4- Test. (doing this it showed this "progress: 15% - 860 out of 5460 now at zoom 2x (got 0)"

Then I close the app at 15%.

why are three dirs?
site dir, SET, ->GPSFS
And above set dir again?

Where should I put this?
http://www.in7ane.com/psp/usgs_tiger/NY_county_borders

By the way, for a quick run, can I discard the steps of POI and Directions?

What does GPSFS stand for? I wish there was a description of all the terms that the programs uses.

Ok thanks and sorry if this is a confusing post. I would appreciate if someone could guide me a little bit.

:confused:

n8r0n
April 18th, 2007, 01:37
I created a quick forum for all things map this and gmdl related so we can all share maps and tips. This thread is getting a little long...

http://mapthis.s4.bizhat.com/

deniska
April 18th, 2007, 06:05
You are right, this thread is getting to long for normal viewing....
I'll cut it off and span a new one with the next gmdl release...
in7ane, just PM me when ready...

Sorry I forgot about the new Tiger files.. Do you still want me to upload them?

in7ane
April 18th, 2007, 10:14
Quicksilversvt, no, leave the boxes checked as they are - they are for the areas covered by your map.

pspesto, for downloading a map see the manual by outsider:

http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=60230

You don't have to download the geodata files - the app will download them gradually as needed (the 550 and 30 mb zips are up there if you want the whole set)

Same with most other things - most buttons and options you can ignore.

Porkape
April 22nd, 2007, 06:08
Can anyone please share a Boston map? I can't for the life of me get this working, I'm a computertard and mostly follow directions but this is a hard one. Is there a place/thread where people share/post their maps? Any help will be appreciated. Thank You

cr4sh
April 23rd, 2007, 20:38
Is it possible to remove the 1x uncheck restriction, since the 1x detail maps are imho too close to the ground and to big if you want to create big size maps like a hole country :(
Would be really nice if you change it.

Codaz
April 23rd, 2007, 22:52
Also, i can't get a good program to work to shrink my map size. If i download the map of a whole country, i can't shrink those 120.000 images with a freeware tool, they all chrash because the number of images is too large to handle.

Any advice ??

deniska
April 24th, 2007, 03:32
if you are not afraid of cygwin and basic scripting then you can install and use imagemagic (just google these buzz words for more info)... Imagemagic is known to handle any number of images and any image sizes....

deniska
April 24th, 2007, 03:36
Is it possible to remove the 1x uncheck restriction, since the 1x detail maps are imho too close to the ground and to big if you want to create big size maps like a hole country :(
Would be really nice if you change it.
Just set min zoom from 0 to larger value (In Advanced tab)- it will skip the most detailed levels...
In one of the earlier releases I provided a world map which was ~ 30Mb as an example...

Codaz
April 24th, 2007, 16:25
Nice Deniska 888 posts !

But i'm a bit afraid of Cygwin and scripting ;)

Otherwise i was also coding along with you on Mapthis if i knew coding.

I know only some coding in Pascal and Basic.

bob318
April 26th, 2007, 06:25
I just use GMDL to get some Map from google.
However I try in diff zoom.
the pic is not really match with the picture beside it.
Did I do somethign wrong?

Can I get Canada map somewhere? Thank you
If that is not good to talking about the download in the public. Can you send me a link to my email? Thanks
bob318 at gmail.com Thank you

in7ane
April 30th, 2007, 20:46
Thanks to wildon pointing this out, Yahoo seems to be trialing non flash maps through in.maps.yahoo.com (apparently with better coverage of India than google) which points to a tileset that covers the rest of the world as well, so yahoo maps and a hybrid overlay are now in, if you want to redownlaod http://www.in7ane.com/psp/gmdl0.4.15b.zip

(note: yahoo tiles are 258x258 instead of 256x256 so you may see some rough edges due to scaling).

bob318, that is probably due to the way the tile system works (you can only jump by a whole tile, not smoothly), if it's not, and there are some tiles stuck in the web page cache - click Refresh (top right) and try again.

deniska
April 30th, 2007, 23:13
in7ane,
I am done uploading the newest geodata files.. so could you give them a try and see if anything is missing?

zsc
May 1st, 2007, 07:27
just want to let everyone know that Google Maps just added detailed maps of Thailand. pretty cool stuffs.

in7ane
May 1st, 2007, 10:06
deniska, checking the county borders (against http://www.usps.com/ncsc/lookups/usps_abbreviations.html
), thew following are missing:

CA - CALIFORNIA
FM - FEDERATED STATES OF MICRONESIA
MH - MARSHALL ISLANDS
ND - NORTH DAKOTA
NJ - NEW JERSEY
OK - OKLAHOMA
PW - PALAU

Downloading the zips now and will post later on if there's anything missing from them.

in7ane
May 2nd, 2007, 12:52
deniska, some more indepth reports:

counties without borders:
http://www.in7ane.com/psp/posts/error_log1.txt

missing counties:
http://www.in7ane.com/psp/posts/error_log2.txt

DennyPSP
May 6th, 2007, 14:25
To in7ane

Скажи пожалуйста я убираю не нужные уровни приближения в картах но в итоге получается карта с ползунком слева как и было..т.е. есть всего 3 уровня приближения а ползунок показывает все 7 и когда его передвигаешь то там где нет карты просто ничего нет...нельзя никак это уладить ? может что где выключить надо?

Да и еще когда я делаю свою карту через MSR MapCruncher 3.0.2 - на выходе получается не точно разница метров 40-50...Возможно ли будет в будущем калибровать карту в онлайн?
или как-то декодировать, или только придется опять через их прогу обратно - потом заново создавать...
пасиб...

Xmant
May 10th, 2007, 14:25
Hi in7ane,

Need some helps here.

I got this message while running the latest GMDL -> "No internet connection (trying http://maps.google.com), try again...". But I could see the google map in the background. I have DSL connection to my service provider. In fact, I access the internet through LAN connection. Till now, I could not get your program to work. Is there any way that you could do about it?

Thanks.

Xmant
May 11th, 2007, 03:44
Hi in7ane,

I think I know the reason of why your program could only work on certain people computer system.

When I connect my notebook to my home broadband internet through wlan/lan, I couldn't get gmdl to work. But if I connect my same notebook to Vodafone Mobile Connect Modem using 3G network, I can get it to work because Vodafone Mobile Connect Modem needs to do a dialup from my notebook whereas wlan/lan needs not require my notebook to do any dialup.

Could you modify your program to skip that part on the checking of the internet connection?

Thanks.

Mystheryman
May 11th, 2007, 17:13
@xmant
I have broadband internet trough lan.
And gmdl is working very fine without making any changes on my system.

r2000
May 11th, 2007, 17:16
I ran GMDL in 2 PC with wireless broadband with no problem.

Xmant
May 12th, 2007, 14:46
Refer to the above post.

If that was the case, I really don't know what have caused the gmdl not to detect the internet connection even though my notebook was connected to the internet.

Thanks for the response from Mystheryman and r2000.

in7ane
May 12th, 2007, 16:25
http://www.in7ane.com/psp/gmdl0.4.16b.zip

Xmant, internet connectivity - you can now run GMDL after the internet connection test fails - if the embedded Internet Explorer window does load, then it is a firewall/antivirus/proxy issue (GMDL uses the WebClient object, which is a few levels lower than WebBrowser and so may not inherit some system settings/permissions). Grasping at straws now, but maybe if there's an option somewhere where the default network connection can be set - try setting that to the one you are connected with (maybe WebClient only tries the default connection).

(1)
Yahoo Maps (via India) as a source and a browser (the tileset covers the same as maps.yahoo.com + India with better detail).

(2)
Custom maps via specifying the URL with parameters, for example:

http://www.stanford.edu/hpcgi/map/index.pl
gives
http://www.stanford.edu/dept/ucomm/map/tiles/base_$x$_$y$_$17-z$.png

http://research.microsoft.com/mapcruncher/Gallery/NWBike/
gives
http://s3.amazonaws.com/MapCruncher/WashingtonBikeV4/Layer_MostMaps/$0123$.png

(there are a few more overlays at http://research.microsoft.com/mapcruncher/Gallery/ )

This is useful if you want to use a google maps or virtual earth overlay as a source.

Also, the site creation code has been updated, but this should not affect anyone.

coach777, koordinati v pole NAME tochno ne isplozuyutsya v geodata, poka vremya ne bilo no ya na eto i na ozi postarayus v sleduyuscheyu nedelyu posmoteret.

DennyPSP, kalibrirovat kartu v programe ne poluchetsya, pridetsya zanovo v MapCruncher izmenit i render (256x256 tiles dolshni sovpadat chtobi lat/lon poschitat v Map This!). Pustiye urovni vserovno vidni, vozmoshno sdelat chtobi oni proskakivali MIB.42 na eto smotrel, no chtobi ih voobsche nevidno bilo nado izmenit format kart tak kak seychas prishlos bi skanirovat vse tiles v urovne. (Skipped zoom levels: I can potentially add the list of skipped layers at the end of the GPSFS4 file so that they can be excluded from the zoom slider and not shown, I think MIB.42 was looking at zooming through skipped zoom levels before, if someone does want to implement this - let me know what format you want appended to GPSFS).

Xmant
May 13th, 2007, 12:40
Hi in7ane,

Too bad, I still couldn't get it to work. It has sometime to do with WebClient. Not sure whether my ISP has blocked the permission. Try all the settings on my hardware settings, simply couldn't get it to run.

DennyPSP
May 13th, 2007, 18:38
in7ane
С этим то все понятно, спасиб...но скажи возможно ли перевести обратно из GPSFS в PNG или JPEG?

in7ane
May 14th, 2007, 19:25
DennyPSP, da, najmi Set Dir i viberi papku karti, potom najmi View, i kogda karta pokashetsha nashmi Save 8192x8192 tiles (eto mojet zanyat nekotoroe vremya). Vse v odnu kartinku skleit inogda ne poluchaetsya v c# iza ogranicheniya maksimalnogo razmera bitmap, tak chto esli bolshaya karto moshet pridetsya skleit 4 ili 9 tiles v odnu v Photoshop potom.

DennyPSP
May 15th, 2007, 21:32
DennyPSP, da, najmi Set Dir i viberi papku karti, potom najmi View, i kogda karta pokashetsha nashmi Save 8192x8192 tiles (eto mojet zanyat nekotoroe vremya). Vse v odnu kartinku skleit inogda ne poluchaetsya v c# iza ogranicheniya maksimalnogo razmera bitmap, tak chto esli bolshaya karto moshet pridetsya skleit 4 ili 9 tiles v odnu v Photoshop potom.

только в 8192 можно сохранить? А то у меня 8 кусков получается...

cycomuir
May 16th, 2007, 02:31
Sorry if the solution for my answer is posted anywhere in this topic, but i didn't find it!!

Most of the time (99%!!!) i try to load my maps, it just hangs on "Please wait while map is loading", sometimes with the memory card light on. I've tested Mapthis and sometimes it works, sometimes not. I'm currently using the 0.499 beta, with the 2.71/3.03 PRX's.

Is there any solution for this hang?? Anyone else facing it?

Hope you guys can help me. Thanks in advance! ;)

BTW, all the maps inside the "maps" folders have the underline "_" before its name.

CyCO

deniska
May 16th, 2007, 07:46
Sorry if the solution for my answer is posted anywhere in this topic, but i didn't find it!!

Most of the time (99%!!!) i try to load my maps, it just hangs on "Please wait while map is loading", sometimes with the memory card light on. I've tested Mapthis and sometimes it works, sometimes not. I'm currently using the 0.499 beta, with the 2.71/3.03 PRX's.

Is there any solution for this hang?? Anyone else facing it?

Hope you guys can help me. Thanks in advance! ;)

BTW, all the maps inside the "maps" folders have the underline "_" before its name.

CyCO
try creating a really small map that works (may need to try different sizes and areas), then start you session with this map, exit to menu and load the "regular" map...
This seems to work for me..
Or try lower versions...
Hopefully this bug will be patched soon...

BarfHappy
May 17th, 2007, 09:56
It works great, and that is a great tool to boot :P

When i use sat images + hybrid overlay, every 5:30 minutes i get a message telling me to change the connection without more explanation because the google satellite tile test failed. Of course, restarting my internet connection fixes this.

That does not happen on normal maps, is that some kind of google download cap, and I must renew the IP to pursue ?

magixx
May 17th, 2007, 23:17
Well I am using firmware 3.10OEB , I can boot the program no problem but whenever I pick my map it always says thats its loading it but then crashes. It als generates really small files like under 5mb and when I tried VE it generated no map files what so ever. I'll also post this in the discussion as it seems there is a new thread there for the new version.

in7ane
May 19th, 2007, 20:17
I've added the ability to create Google Earth overlays from GPSFS maps - Set Dir, View, GPSFS to Site Dir (creating a local set of tiles) and pointing directly at the online tiles - * tab in the bottom left, click GE Overlay. This could be useful to check the accuracy of various mapping sources (assuming that Google Earth is correct, or comparing a few to see which ones agree).

For example:

http://www.in7ane.com/psp/posts/MapABC.kml
MapABC (the map source used by google.cn) seems to be significantly offset from Google Earth (this may be due to a different projection/grid in China, that was not converted correctly).

http://www.in7ane.com/psp/posts/YahooSat.kml
Yahoo Satellite is slightly offset from Google Earth.

http://www.in7ane.com/psp/posts/VEMap.kml
Virtual Earth Map only has a few of the main roads which seem to generally correspond to the roads layer in Google Earth.

http://www.in7ane.com/psp/posts/GoogleSat.kml
Google Satellite corresponds exactly to Google Earth, as expected.

Note: the KML files contain links to tiles hosted on the various mapping services (not the actual image tiles) in order to provide an illustration and a way to evaluate the quality of the services offered.

BarfHappy, that's right - google seems to have a limit on how many satellite tiles an IP can downlaod in a given time.

magixx, see if you can view the map after generating it (click View and/or Test in GMDL) to see if the map is ok, if it is try a ready made map and see if that loads in Map This! ok: http://www.in7ane.com/psp/maps_various/ if it doesn't it's a memory card/psp problem.

DennyPSP, k soshaleniyu da - maksimalniy razmer Bitmap v .NET ogranichen.

MemorX
May 22nd, 2007, 11:14
Hi In7ane,

Would it be possible to download maps from:

http://kart.gulesider.no/kart/index.c

With your GMDL tool?

I would guess that Norway is no priority, but would you consider making support for this site?
I like this one because it has all the speed cameras on it :P

in7ane
May 22nd, 2007, 14:55
MemorX, not unless it's done by hand (it's not a tiled map like google and maps.live.com) - if there's a source/viewer that is I should be able to implement it (in firefox, Tools > Page Info > Media tab if you can see the map being made up of 256x256, or possibly similar, tiles).

MemorX
May 22nd, 2007, 22:39
MemorX, not unless it's done by hand (it's not a tiled map like google and maps.live.com) - if there's a source/viewer that is I should be able to implement it (in firefox, Tools > Page Info > Media tab if you can see the map being made up of 256x256, or possibly similar, tiles).

I see, how about a map service like http://www.hvor.no ?

It seems to be buildt with tiles (256 x 256).. Its not as good as the first one, but it would still be better than Google and the others.

Thanks for your answer!

DennyPSP
May 28th, 2007, 06:37
To in7ane

пасиб..скажи а реально сделать на выбор тип файлов для сохранения карты с Google?
не PNG а JPG допустим..Уж очень большая карта в PNG получается...

in7ane
June 1st, 2007, 16:40
DennyPSP, prosto konvertirovat v jpeg razmer silno ne izmenyaet (naprimer 4.57MB vmesto 5.22MB) no silno ponejayet katchestvo (skoree vsego oni ushe silno optimizirovali png). Ya posmotryu esli mojno zadat kakienibud compression settings chtobi eto ulichshit.

MemorX, hvor.no is tile based but does not correspond with google tiles (so you won't get GPS support), for example:

http://mt1.google.com/mt?n=404&v=w2.46&x=16&y=9&zoom=12

http://webcache.gisline.no/?x1=0&y1=6291456&z=524288&s=0&l=2

any other sources? Alternatively it may be easier to achieve your desired result with POIs.

Jocke, missed your messages on MSN - I am still getting around to finishing up Swedish geodata (but it will get done eventually).

---------------
Israeli Maps
---------------

Neither Google nor Virtual Earth have detailed road maps of Israel, and the ones I've been able to find on the web are either flash, rendered sections, or incompatible tiles - has anyone come across anything that looks like it could work with Map This! ?

natan_berlin
June 2nd, 2007, 09:55
Map of Israel can be captured form the following website:
emap.co.il
I dont know how to use this map site with the psp

nntb
June 2nd, 2007, 18:55
i cant seem to get it to work right...

http://img404.imageshack.us/img404/2959/18760159dn3.jpg

http://img523.imageshack.us/img523/449/35673386ck1.jpg

http://img377.imageshack.us/img377/4293/16480576rl4.jpg

http://img520.imageshack.us/img520/1382/68607199rx3.jpg

http://img520.imageshack.us/img520/7275/99903431mq2.jpg

my problum is i cant get it to zoom right... it zooms in to much for me to capture both citys.

and when i zoom out it just looks wrong the overlays are gone. >.<

also its realy tough to use on 1024x768 rez it reuqires some higher rez that my laptop cant handle... >.<

zyrson
June 6th, 2007, 21:31
Hi prexcellent program :thumbup:
Can someone tale me how to put UK postcodes and how to enter it in address locastor

Mystheryman
June 7th, 2007, 18:05
@in7ane
Do you plan an Option to small down the map size?
For example you can convert down the downloades Tiles (less colors for example). This would shrink down the map size.
I tried this with IrfanView Batchconverter - but the program crashes while loading more than 65000 tiles.

deniska
June 7th, 2007, 18:57
I believe that MIB.42 might be working on a compression tool for this..

Mystheryman
June 7th, 2007, 19:50
oh, thanks for information :)

Because my map of Germany is exactly 3.8GB big.
A little bit to big for 4GB MS ^^

Fortjun
June 7th, 2007, 21:17
Hi, i wonder how its going whit the swedish map of this program?
I really need it, and it should be awesome whit a swedish map.

Good luck!

//// FortuN

opiate81
June 9th, 2007, 15:18
Hi first off thanks for this great app!
just a quick question.. is there a way to uncheck the 1X zoom level when downloading a map?

Mystheryman
June 10th, 2007, 20:03
go to the advanced Tab and change the zoom values.

This should work fine ;)

FatesWebb
June 12th, 2007, 15:58
so if I downloaded all of my map from google, and then I came back and downloaded the satellite images later on... is there a way I can merge these into one? or do I just have to load them as seperate maps? what if i ungpsfs them copy them into the same folder, and then regpsfs them, will that work?

thanks

Codaz
June 13th, 2007, 00:13
oh, thanks for information :)

Because my map of Germany is exactly 3.8GB big.
A little bit to big for 4GB MS ^^

How long did it take to download that ?
It must be a billion images (if not converted to GPSFS) :rofl:

I think it would be nice if you can fit Benelux or Europe on a 2gb memstick in future versions. Now you can only do that with most zoom levels disabled.

Mystheryman
June 13th, 2007, 07:25
How long did it take to download that ?
It must be a billion images (if not converted to GPSFS) :rofl:

I think it would be nice if you can fit Benelux or Europe on a 2gb memstick in future versions. Now you can only do that with most zoom levels disabled.

about ~3days
converted to gpsfs ;)

But deleting all the image files after converting was a mess ^^

meier3283
June 14th, 2007, 16:31
I'm having a problem, that I wanted to see if anyone else is having...

After going through the entire process of creating a custom map, I open it in the PSP, only to have it hang there reading the memory stick, forever. In trying to sort out the issue, I notice that the custom map I created, does not have the same directory structure that the sample maps have (1x/000, 2x etc...) Is this a problem, or should it be all in one directory??

Note - I dont have a GPS attached yet, I'm just trying to get the software to work first. I've enabled fakefeed, and copied the "no-GPS eboot" to the system dir.

Let me know if anyone has any ideas about what this could be.

I'm running 3.40OE currently. with mapviewer in the GAME150 folder.

thanks,

deniska
June 14th, 2007, 20:31
meier3283 (http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/member.php?u=209391) - can you zip the map and post it here?

Mystheryman
June 15th, 2007, 18:07
I'm having a problem, that I wanted to see if anyone else is having...

After going through the entire process of creating a custom map, I open it in the PSP, only to have it hang there reading the memory stick, forever. In trying to sort out the issue, I notice that the custom map I created, does not have the same directory structure that the sample maps have (1x/000, 2x etc...) Is this a problem, or should it be all in one directory??

Note - I dont have a GPS attached yet, I'm just trying to get the software to work first. I've enabled fakefeed, and copied the "no-GPS eboot" to the system dir.

Let me know if anyone has any ideas about what this could be.

I'm running 3.40OE currently. with mapviewer in the GAME150 folder.

thanks,

Move your mapviewer application to GAME340 Folder
and set Kernel to 3.4

then it should work

meier3283
June 15th, 2007, 20:58
Mystheryman - I've tried all three folders, and the only one the app will open in, is the 1.50 folder.
I was hoping it was that simple :(

Deniska - I appreciate you having a look. I've build/downloaded it ~5 times, some on 4.16b, some on 4.17a, neither seem to work for me.

Please understand that these are my first attempts, and I could be doing something stupid, but I've read all the tutorials I could find, and am following them to the letter...

I'm more than happy to do any testing you might need, I'm not a coder, but am good at t-shooting (we'll see how easy this problem turns out to be :) )

Anyway, if you find something, let me know.

(I should get my Holux 240 by Monday, so I can do some "real" testing at that point)

p.s. I love the application, and can't wait for it to "catch up" to some of the mainstream devices.

I can't seem to link it, so here's another place.
ftp://custftp2.nai.com/outgoing/dmeier/_northdallas.rar

Thanks guys,

deniska
June 15th, 2007, 22:01
Deniska - I appreciate you having a look. I've build/downloaded it ~5 times, some on 4.16b, some on 4.17a, neither seem to work for me.

Please understand that these are my first attempts, and I could be doing something stupid, but I've read all the tutorials I could find, and am following them to the letter...

I'm more than happy to do any testing you might need, I'm not a coder, but am good at t-shooting (we'll see how easy this problem turns out to be :) )

Anyway, if you find something, let me know.

(I should get my Holux 240 by Monday, so I can do some "real" testing at that point)

p.s. I love the application, and can't wait for it to "catch up" to some of the mainstream devices.

I can't seem to link it, so here's another place.
ftp://custftp2.nai.com/outgoing/dmeier/_northdallas.rar

Thanks guys,

I tried your map and it works - but missing some zoom levels. Did you remove levels 2,3,4?
I still see 1,5,6,7...

If you did not remove them then perhaps google disconects you at some point...
why not try VE maps ?

Mystheryman
June 16th, 2007, 10:05
Mystheryman - I've tried all three folders, and the only one the app will open in, is the 1.50 folder.
I was hoping it was that simple :(

Set your Kernel to 3.40 in Recovery Menu
And then MapThis should work in GAME340 Folder.

If not - I'm confused ^^

dreetje9
June 16th, 2007, 10:17
Hi guys.

Due to a neccesary re-installation of Windows, i've lost my old GMDL.

Yesterday I downloaded GMDL again (version 0.4.16B) and unzipped it, but whenever I try to open it, this is what I get:

http://img505.imageshack.us/img505/7927/problemgmdljz1.jpg

Now I know that this isnt a failure in GMDL, but in Windows, only I can't seem to find out what Windows needs to run it.

Suggestions :confused:

EDIT:
Sorry, read in the Starterspost that you need to have net.2.

Downloaded it, and I'll see if it works now

meier3283
June 16th, 2007, 17:39
Deniska - I'll start over on the download, I'm not certain what I did with that last attempt, I was probably getting desparate and making some changes. (Probably trying to speed it up)

Mystheryman - I confirmed that I'm already set to 3.40 in the recovery menu, so I'll create another map, and place it in the GAME340 folder, and post back.

I'm going to try just one zoom level, with no Geodata for this round.

I'll let you know how it goes.

Thanks again :)

meier3283
June 16th, 2007, 19:38
I've created new test maps, one with Google, and one with VE. I also tried them in the GAME folder, the GAME150 folder and the GAME340 folder, and the only time the program will start, is with it in the GAME150 folder.

I'm able to open the Global map.zip, and the New York Subway map, but not either of mine.

Just so you know how I'm getting here, here's exactly what I'm doing, so perhaps you can find my error.

1. Format the mem stick.
2. copy the MapViewer and Mapview% from the 1.5 folder inside of the archive mapViewer_v03.zip, to my PSP\GAME150 folder.
3. I copy the system folder from the archive MapThis0497_beta.zip, into the Mapviewer folder in my GAME150 folder.
4. I then use gmdl0.4.17a, to download maps. I choose a local zip code, give the map a name, and hit download map. I don't uncheck anything, or disable any zoom levels (for testing).
5. I then take the _test folder created with GMDL, and copy it to the maps folder on my psp.

My psp is set to 3.40 kernel in the recovery console, and again, the only time the app will even start, is when it's in the GAME150 folder.

When I select my custom maps, it just reads the mem stick for literally over an hour. (longest I've waited... but it seems to hang forever.)

I've also tried setting the CPU to 222, just to see, and there was no change.

Sorry to be a pest, but I can't let this get the best of me :)

Let me know if I'm doing something wrong...

Thanks again,

leon21ca
June 17th, 2007, 05:32
dreetje9 you need Microsoft .NET 2.0 installed. all you have to do is go to Microsoft Update website and downloaded and install the .NET 2.0 then you been fine. .NET 2.0 is about 88MB after installation.

Good Lcuk

raj_ace_in
June 17th, 2007, 09:53
@ dreetje9

have you installed microsoft net framework 2?

dreetje9
June 17th, 2007, 11:46
dreetje9 you need Microsoft .NET 2.0 installed. all you have to do is go to Microsoft Update website and downloaded and install the .NET 2.0 then you been fine. .NET 2.0 is about 88MB after installation.

Good Lcuk

@ dreetje9

have you installed microsoft net framework 2?

As the EDIT in the post says, problem was that I didn't installed .net 2.

I downloaded it, and it worked again,so problem was already solved, but thanks for the answers :thumbup: