PDA

View Full Version : Windows maps download tool for MapThis! by in7ane

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5

karozz
June 17th, 2007, 12:43
meier3283

I just notice on my PSP that if I open one of the original Maps and then hit Select one time to change map and chose my '_Map"
it open up the map and show it

meier3283
June 17th, 2007, 15:55
meier3283

I just notice on my PSP that if I open one of the original Maps and then hit Select one time to change map and chose my '_Map"
it open up the map and show it
Karozz - I just tried that, and it still won't load :( I can't imagine what I'm doing that is so different from everyone else.... Which eboot are you using? the one that came with mapthis? or the "no-gps" version, or even the holux or psp-290 versions??

Waltrock
June 18th, 2007, 08:43
Same problem as me in the beginning.

I think you are using an older version of mapThis!, which cannot read the GPSFS-Filesystem.

Get current working version from me here:
http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=452549&postcount=134

This should work I think, perhaps you have to upgrade to 3.30OE-A

I think it's currently really hard to find the current version of MapThis and everybody loads the 0.3-Version from the webpage without checking if theres another version out!

I recognized that this is the mainproblem asked in this forums!

So please someone make a Sticky with the newest MapThis!-Version!!!

meier3283
June 18th, 2007, 19:05
I'll give it a try Waltrock, however, when you say upgrade to 3.30OE-A, you might have missed where I'm already on 3.40OE :)

Thanks for the help, I'll go download it now.

meier3283
June 18th, 2007, 19:21
So I've loaded the version of Mapthis that you linked in that other thread, and while it does run, I'm still unable to load my custom maps. Now it just says "Please wait while map is loading" but it does not read from the memstick... Rather the opposite problem I had previously :)

I guess I'll try to hold out for Ver. .5 and perhaps I'll have better luck.

meier3283
June 18th, 2007, 19:40
Ok, so for some reason, this guy's "version" seems to work just fine..... even with my previously created maps :)

So, now I have to figure out what the difference is.

http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/archive/index.php/t-62158.html

Codaz
June 19th, 2007, 17:08
In7ane, could you try getting maps or geodata from these providers:

www.locatienet.nl
www.reperion.com
Garmin Mapsource

Maybe these maps are better. If you want to try Map24, you should try the NON Java version.

Codaz
June 19th, 2007, 17:16
Also, what is the difference in map sizes ?

If i download a google map from my neigborhood it's 20 mb, but what's the difference if i do that with MSN Maps ?

Is the size difference big ?

Waltrock
June 19th, 2007, 17:32
Ok, so for some reason, this guy's "version" seems to work just fine..... even with my previously created maps :)

So, now I have to figure out what the difference is.

http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/archive/index.php/t-62158.html

Same problem by me. Fixed it by selecting a Start-loading-map ... don't ask me why my version dont want to load a map if you select it. If you plug a new map on the stick it works, after closing and reopening it, it stops with the loading sceen. Donno why this happens, but the standard-map solution works for me ;)

meier3283
June 20th, 2007, 21:09
Has anyone figured out a way to get around the problem of not being able to select the "exact" section of map you want to include in GMDL? Meaning, when I zero in to a city, and then hit preview 1x, it's never the same, so I have to move it around a bit, and when I do that, it jumps around a bit, so that I can't place it exactly where I want it.

Is there setting somewhere, that eliminates that?

DogRed9
June 20th, 2007, 22:06
Don't maximize the window when GMDL starts and it will be more accurate, other then that, just zoom out more and select only the tiles you need.

in7ane
June 25th, 2007, 15:19
Codaz, others, I'm going to start documenting what works/doesn't work as a map source and why, at:

http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Map_This%21#Map_Sources

none of these seem to be compatible:
www.locatienet.nl
www.reperion.com
Garmin Mapsource
map24 non Java

DennyPSP, pod Advanced v http://www.in7ane.com/psp/gmdl0.4.17a.zip mojno pometit Re-encode to JPEG, ili MIB.42 napisal programu s luchshey funktsionalnostyu:

http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=66706

aviasia
June 26th, 2007, 10:52
Nice work, in7ane...
I like the new layouts!
So far, just one comment... when you hit "pull files" from "Advanced" tab, it does not seem to react to "Add geodata" checkbox...which kind of missleading, since the checkbox is righgt near that section...
hi,

i am LEON here, would like to know how the gps really work with PSP, instead i already bought the PSP290 but not sure how to set up, i am glad that you can provide step by step set up in details, please check the file the mapthis file have problem, i can't open it with zip file. please advise?
by the way may i know where can i download MALAYSIA map? i live in MALAYSIA. really cool if the gps works with PSP in malaysia

DennyPSP
June 27th, 2007, 22:10
To in7ane
Пасиб я попробовал сделать карту России+Европа с перекодированием в JPEG у меня получилось 550MB хотя в PNG до этого получалось 410 MB не понимаю как так ведь PNG весит раза в 2 больше чем JPEG или в твоей новой версии еще что записывается в файлы карты?

Хотя щас распаковал обе карты и сравнил вес файлов png даже меньше бывает весит чем Jpeg..
ладно как говорится все лучшее уже есть нечего выдумывать..буду PNG пользоваться...за помощь всеравно спасибо...

Fortjun
June 29th, 2007, 16:50
Are swedish map now working?

in7ane
July 1st, 2007, 16:23
JoQ, I think I've finally managed to get Swedish geodata decoded completely, redownload http://www.in7ane.com/psp/gmdl0.4.17a.zip and see http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Map_This%21#Sweden as always bug reports would be appreciated.

Fortjun, Swedish maps from google most definitely are, and geodata should be as well now (you probably want to ask JoQ about where he got the source files from).

DennyPSP, JPEG inogda kompresiruet hushe chem originalnoe PNG, v moih testak poluchaetsya chto v gorodax (mnogo detaley i cvetov) moshno umenshit razmer, no elsi mnogo pustovo mesta (naprimer v kartax pokrivayushieh bolshuyu teritoriyu) to razmer vpolne moshet stat bolshe. Kstati MIB.42 vipustil noviyu versiyu svoyey programi.

Codaz
July 1st, 2007, 23:37
Great ! How did you decode Geodata in7ane ? Maybe i can provide you undecoded Geodata from the Netherlands !

skylife
July 2nd, 2007, 05:17
hi ppl, i seem to be having a problem with GMDL.
i can get maps for my city alright, and before i do i click the preview button and get exactly that.
but when i try and download my whole country (new zealand) and click the preview button i get nothing but blue! (water).

there doesnt seem to be any explanation for this as no-one has posted this problem. what is wrong? thanks.

in7ane
July 2nd, 2007, 10:26
Codaz, depends how undecoded it is (if it's encrypted I most probably can't crack it, and even if I could it would not be a good idea in the EU), if it just uses a different grid and/or a funky indexing method like the Swedish I can take a look at it.

skylife, it's due to the date line (you are getting the area on the other side of it since GMDL looks for the minimum x value, to get New Zealand:

Click Advanced
zoom: 12
x: 30
y: 19
min zoom: something reasonable like 4 or 3

Show preview to confirm

Click Pull Tiles (rather than Download The Map)

krille99
July 2nd, 2007, 18:20
Hey!
I just wounder where I can find the swedish PBA files. I have the "Iktab.txt" file form "Kartex".

Thanks

in7ane
July 2nd, 2007, 19:22
krille99, the PBA files can be found on the Kartex CD:

Kartex\Tatorter\CITY NAME\CITY NAME.pba

It is probably a good idea to just search for *.pba and copy all 100 of them into a directory.

DennyPSP
July 2nd, 2007, 20:30
[QUOTE=in7ane
Kstati MIB.42 vipustil noviyu versiyu svoyey programi.[/QUOTE]

хм..у меня она потоянно виснет почемуто

skylife
July 3rd, 2007, 03:09
[
skylife, it's due to the date line (you are getting the area on the other side of it since GMDL looks for the minimum x value, to get New Zealand:

Click Advanced
zoom: 12
x: 30
y: 19
min zoom: something reasonable like 4 or 3

Show preview to confirm

Click Pull Tiles (rather than Download The Map)

thank you in7ane for the explanation, makes perfect sense. will try again later.
good work mate.:)

edit: awesome, works great, had no idea i was just clipping the international date line. thanks.

krille99
July 3rd, 2007, 11:23
krille99, the PBA files can be found on the Kartex CD:

Kartex\Tatorter\CITY NAME\CITY NAME.pba

Ok, thanks. I see now that I only has the "Kartex" program and not any maps. I must have some maps to get the .pba files, right?

in7ane
July 3rd, 2007, 12:51
DennyPSP, esli est malenkaya karta kotoraya visnit, zaloshi ee kudanibud i ya ili MIB.42 posmotrim chto ne tak.

krille99, yes, you need the map files, but I think they should have come together with the Kartex program (you may want to check with JoQ or on http://www.lantmateriet.se/templates/LMV_Page.aspx?id=1148 )

krille99
July 3rd, 2007, 15:44
in7ane, I have now placed the generated "geodata.dat" file to my map directories. But I have a huge problem with the "Adress lookup" function. When I first search a street it find it, but the second time I try to search a street, the search result will be exactly as the first one. To search a new street I must restart "MapThis!". Have I put the "geodata.dat" file wrong or how would I solve this problem. Many thanks and I hope you understand my problematic english. :P

codesrcool
July 3rd, 2007, 17:09
please mirror the file, as it is not on you 'mac' site anymore....

DennyPSP
July 4th, 2007, 18:00
To In7ane
Прива..тут наткнулся на векторные карты для PSP
Как думаешь будет развиваться?

http://translate.google.com/translate?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.moby.cn%2Fbbs%2Fviewt opic.php%3Ff%3D4%26t%3D4&langpair=zh%7Cen&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&prev=%2Flanguage_tools

Codaz
July 4th, 2007, 23:03
In7ane, i have some Geodata for you. It's in DBF format, maybe you can do something with it.

I tried to convert it to CSV or Excel but it failed.

It's for many country's. Latitude/Longitude is provided, even as NMEA data.

Hope it helps. It's all i can do for you at this moment.

in7ane
July 7th, 2007, 13:28
krille99, yes, you only need the geodata.dat file - the rest are just temporary files that you can delete. About getting the same result on the second search - I think this happens if the second search doesn't find anything (try searching for something that has definitely been found before). If it happens even if the second search should return results, can you post exactly what you are searching for 1st and 2nd and the geodata.dat (or what the geodata was made out of, eg. the whole set of 100 pba's and the .txt).

codesrcool, http://www.in7ane.com/psp/ where .16b is a stable version and .17a is the one I'm working on.

DennyPSP, interesniy proekt - no nushni ESRI maps, tak chto skoree vsego budet mnogo piratstva kart. Voobschem horosho chto sorevnovaniye program budet.

Codaz, I'll try and take a look at it at some point next week.

falafelut2k4
July 8th, 2007, 15:34
@ in7ane:

Decrypting/cracking geodata of the Netherlands wont be a big issue I think :P
The Dutch government is gonna release it all in 2009 to the public, but well, we psp guys cant wait that long :P

Codaz
July 8th, 2007, 16:48
Ok MAJOR BIG NEWS onto Geodata

I talked to the guys of Openstreetmap. They provide free geodata from all over the world. So far 5% of the whole world is covered. Ok that isn't much but remember it's a freeware non-paid project with just 30-40 volunteers.

This is how to grab geodata for you city:

1 Download the whole planet from http://planet.openstreetmap.org/ Download the one low on the list, so that you have the newest data (don't pick 2006 :) )

2 Extract it, it becomes 4 gb !!

3 Download the extracting script: svn.openstreetmap.org/applications/utils/planetosm-excerpt-area.pl
or svn.openstreetmap.org/applications/utils/osm-extract/planetosm-excerpt-area.pl

4 How to use the perl script: planetosm-excerpt-area.pl -bbox 54,-1.5,55,-1.4 planet.osm.xml > excerpt.osm

====================================

Remember to: install several perl modules and play with the lib path

Disadvantages : Getting a lot of invalid line errors, but i'm not using a planet.osm.xml

======================

And since AND donates the Netherlands which is 100% complete, you have good geodata. More countries will follow !

Good luck with it In7ane and others !!!

falafelut2k4
July 9th, 2007, 10:18
In7ane, i have some Geodata for you. It's in DBF format, maybe you can do something with it.

I tried to convert it to CSV or Excel but it failed.

It's for many country's. Latitude/Longitude is provided, even as NMEA data.

Hope it helps. It's all i can do for you at this moment.

I converted it into csv but cant get it to work in gmdl. Maybe convertion sucks but.... I'll keep trying :P

Here's the csv file of the netherlands I converted.

Codaz
July 9th, 2007, 16:30
Falafelut2k4 and others :)

The Netherlands Geodata file is very weak. It contains only a few cities. Good job you converted it but now it contains an error :(

This is what the colums mean if you open up the file in MS Excel:

A : Country
B: Country sign e.g US for United states, here it is NL
C: Postal code and telephone prefix
D: Postal code
E: City name
F: Part of City
G: Nothing
H: Lat min
I: Lon min
J: Lat max
K: Lon max
L: Unknown
M: Unknown
N: Unknown
O: Unknown
P: Unknown
Q: Unknown
R: Unknown
S: Unknown
T: Countryname
U: Unknown
V: Location of city (north east south west)
W: Unknown
X: Province
Y: Unknown
Z: Secondary name of Province (e.g Las Vegas is in the Desert :) )

But it's all i could find free legally available. Soon i can get a 700 mb file of the Netherlands which contains all streets etc.

That will be in 3-4 months. AND must first donate the data to Openstreetmap.org, then they must implement that and after that i will have to learn how to extract it from the 4gb datafile as i posted in my tutorial up here.

I can't get the Perl script to work, In7ane can you help ?!

in7ane
July 10th, 2007, 15:59
As falafelut2k4 says - it looks like there's only regional information in the DBF files (FoxPro will open them if anyone wants to take a look).

Codaz, I don't know Perl so I can't be much help with the scripts. I've done some stuff (creating from the Canadian road network) with OSM files, and as I recall they are sufficiently straightforward to write your own parser that would process/load the planet.osm line by line (I doubt that a 4GB xml file can be loaded into memory at once). If you are going to write a OSM -> geodata load, keep in mind that it's something that should be reasonably easy to rerun every few month as more data is added to openstreetmap. Alternatively I can try and get around to doing it eventually, if so, does anyone see any reasons for not loading the OSM into Oracle as an intermediary step? And, any ideas on how to do city/province/country names (I think the OSM file will just give us road names and lat/lon, not what region it's in or house numbers).

icpart
July 10th, 2007, 19:28
In7ane
Can you tell mi how I can calibrate custom maps ina GMDL and how to use "Comparsion source" in custom map window or can you give me link to post which can help me.
Thans a lot :)

Codaz
July 11th, 2007, 00:30
In7ane,

Too bad you can't help on Perl scripts. But it's VERY good that you already worked with OSM.

I see no complaints to port it to Oracle first, you guys ? Go ahead with it If i knew Oracle i would help you out.

Second question, i provided the DBF files which are a bit weak, Falafelut2k4 tried to convert them to CSV as you asked.

Any luck with them to work them out in GMDL ?

Because there isn't a way to proper import CSV data into GMDL ?

It isn't that hard to implement it i think, but you have to have a proper format in which the CSV files should exist, that number of colums providing that info. Otherwise the CSV file is useless. It is too hard to program a feature into GMDL which calculates the needed information from a CSV file. Especially when the CSV file is very large.

So to be short, are you working on a definitive way to implement CSV into GMDL or something else ?

insertxox85
July 11th, 2007, 10:48
Hi.
I have problem whit Google Maps Download and Global Map Download Tool.
I have pc xp sp2 when i start the map tools
i get this 0x0000135 error what is the error?

Can any now.

Thanx

insertxox85
July 11th, 2007, 20:05
Hi.
It is ok now i just update the windows framework. :)

in7ane
July 12th, 2007, 20:28
Bumping up to 0.4.17b due to changes in maps.local.live and to draw a line under various other small changes.

http://www.in7ane.com/psp/gmdl0.4.17b.zip

Full list of changes from 0.4.16b:

Fully decoded Swedish geodata
Google directions option to avoid highways (multistage, and manually dragged directions work as well)
Toporama auto render now uses the latest version of MapCruncher, and allows to specify a drive other than C to look for it
Option to convert tiles to JPEG while downloading (but you are much better off using GPSFS_util by MIB.42)
Sounds are on by default (directions), see .zip in GMDL for mac scripts to create message mp3s
Custom geodata (from a CSV file), now with ; delimiter support
YUM Assembler for MapCruncher (contact me if you want a walkthrough) - see: http://www.in7ane.com/psp/posts/yum_assembler.jpg
Option to save directions at various encodings and UPPERCASE (eg. Default and UPPER for the Russian Map This!)
Changes to keep up to date with the maps.live.com update

icpart, the best way is probably to use MapCruncher (free from Microsoft Research), GMDL can then use it as a source: http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Map_This!#Creating_a_Custom_Map_.28MapCruncher.29

Codaz, I'll make some more tweaks with the CSV import (it will work with large files right now, but creating them will be the problem). Ultimately getting the OpenStreetMap planet.osm data processed looks like a better idea - so that'll be the main geodata focus from now on.

icpart
July 12th, 2007, 23:40
Thanks a lot for your answer in7ane!

Codaz
July 13th, 2007, 01:50
Fully decoded Swedish geodata

Option to convert tiles to JPEG while downloading (but you are much better off using GPSFS_util by MIB.42)

Custom geodata (from a CSV file), now with ; delimiter support

Codaz, I'll make some more tweaks with the CSV import (it will work with large files right now, but creating them will be the problem). Ultimately getting the OpenStreetMap planet.osm data processed looks like a better idea - so that'll be the main geodata focus from now on.

GREAT update In7ane :)

But i tried to make a simple csv file with geodata i know so i can try to lookup my street and the streets around my home.
How to build such a thing ? What should the CSV contain and in what order ?

And for the JPG converting thing, why is it better to use GMDL_util by MIB ?

Isn't it better to straightly make the maps fine ?

Otherwise you download a 2gb map which will take almost a day. And then spend another day converting it to lower quality.

Wouldn't it be nice to auto download in lower quality ? Or is that a very difficult or unpossible technical issue ?

Also GREAT that you are now concentrating on Geodata from OSM. Still i couldn't believe that you found Swedish geodata, where was that :)

Codaz
July 13th, 2007, 02:04
Hmm, still if i download the Benelux, so that's Belgium, Netherlands an Luxemburg the map will be 32737 mb, so 32 GB ! WOW, or isn't this true ?

deniska
July 13th, 2007, 05:45
Hmm, still if i download the Benelux, so that's Belgium, Netherlands an Luxemburg the map will be 32737 mb, so 32 GB ! WOW, or isn't this true ?
You can fit whole planet on 32Mb stick - it just depends on the zoom range (the amount of detail that you require)

sleekyboy24
July 13th, 2007, 05:56
Hi I live in Toronto and I got a question regarding geodata. i can't get GMDL to generate geodata and i get an error when i set my minimum zoom to 2 (from advance menu) if I let the minimum zoom to zero it would generate the geodata. Does this mean that geodata only works if you set the minimum to 0.
I would appreciate it from anyones help

in7ane
July 13th, 2007, 09:54
Codaz, CSV format: http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Map_This!#Custom as for quality conversions, MIB.42's GPSFS_util has a lot more functionality.

sleekyboy24, geodata should definitely still work with a min zoom of 2, can you post exactly what you are doing (is GeoData checked and Canada selected?) and when/what error you get.

DennyPSP
July 13th, 2007, 11:15
To In7ane
Прива..ты как всегда всех радуешь...я тут в России благодаря тебе раздаю карты городов кто что просит...есть время то делаю...
У меня вопрос как пользоваться твоей новой фичей для Мапкранчера..Они выпустили новую версию - теперь можно привязывать карты в ней, т.е. вводить координаты и т.п. супер вобщем...

Fadi
July 13th, 2007, 13:07
Hi there!
I've installed mapthis and it's great. Thank you very much to the creator. I would like to have the geogata.dat for Spain or at least for Madrid. How can I get it?

Thank you very much!

Codaz
July 13th, 2007, 17:05
Hi there!
I've installed mapthis and it's great. Thank you very much to the creator. I would like to have the geogata.dat for Spain or at least for Madrid. How can I get it?

Thank you very much!

In7ane is now working on the geodata of the whole planet. This is provided using Openstreetmap.

Have a look yourself. www.openstreetmap.org

in7ane
July 16th, 2007, 13:07
DennyPSP, popitka instrukciy na http://www.in7ane.com/psp/manual/YUM_Assembler.pdf i noviy http://www.in7ane.com/psp/gmdl0.4.18a.zip (dlya CSV razbitih ; )

DennyPSP
July 16th, 2007, 14:12
DennyPSP, popitka instrukciy na http://www.in7ane.com/psp/manual/YUM_Assembler.pdf i noviy http://www.in7ane.com/psp/gmdl0.4.18a.zip (dlya CSV razbitih ; )

Да а что ты убрал ГИБРИД гуугле из программы
я тут Москву щас делаю правда в версии 12 :)

in7ane
July 16th, 2007, 20:32
Hybrid vse escho tam - viberi Google Sat i potom (nishe) Overlay: Google Hybrid. Tak moshno skleit raznie sat i dorogi.

Codaz
July 16th, 2007, 21:25
In7ane, do i see a little sneak preview of you 4.18 there ?

It's russian or turkish but i can see a link hehe....

DennyPSP
July 16th, 2007, 22:15
Hybrid vse escho tam - viberi Google Sat i potom (nishe) Overlay: Google Hybrid. Tak moshno skleit raznie sat i dorogi.

А все нашел..только в 12 версии мне больше нравится ..там прям сразу качается гибрид фото с улицвами и домами...а в новых както замороченно...
Недавно выяснили что город Пермь криво привязан в Гуугле метров 20-30 прикинь...

Хотел откалибровать ее..да вот не знаю как засунуть ее обратно в мапкранчер..
Хотел сделать фотку через твою прогу - но получается 10-15 кусков больших..при соединении в фотошоп там чето кажет под 3 гига и комп не тянет уже...хотя мощный..

Еще подскажи а нет ли у тебя в тайнике гденибудь программы способной выкачивать обычные (без gps) интерактивные карты городов просто в PNG либо BMP? Просто их столько развелось было бы не плохо...

Ahill
July 17th, 2007, 13:17
You can fit whole planet on 32Mb stick - it just depends on the zoom range (the amount of detail that you require)

I faced with a problem.
Using GDML and csv file with position data I generated geodata.dat file. Copied it into map directory and tried to perform the search. The result is always - nothing found.
Map was created with GDML tool also, this is the map of Moscow. CSV file is formatted according to manual.
This is because mapviewer doesn't support russian symbols?

sleekyboy24
July 18th, 2007, 01:58
To In7ane
Thanks for your reply. I'm tryin to make a geodata.dat from an existing map. I followed your instruction from the wikibooks site. i used statcan rnf and when i click on 3/3 save geodata.dat....
i get this error..
Non negative number required.
Parameter name: value.

Details
See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Non-negative number required.
Parameter name: value
at System.IO.FileStream.set_Position(Int64 value)
at ax.e()
at ComponentAce.Compression.Archiver.BaseArchiver.Int ernalOpenArchive()
at ComponentAce.Compression.Archiver.BaseArchiver.Ope nArchive(FileMode fileMode, FileAccess fileAccess, FileShare fileShare)
at ComponentAce.Compression.Archiver.BaseArchiver.Ope nArchive(FileMode fileMode)
at GMDL.GEOmain.SaveDAT_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e) in C:\Documents and Settings\Admin\Desktop\GMDL\GEOmain.cs:line 643
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventAr gs mevent)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.O nMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.W ndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.832 (QFE.050727-8300)
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
Global Map Download Tool
Assembly Version: 1.0.0.34880
Win32 Version: 1.0.0.34880
CodeBase: file:///C:/GMDL/GMDL/bin/Debug/Global%20Map%20Download%20Tool.exe
System.Windows.Forms
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Drawing
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
System.Data
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_32/System.Data/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Data.dll
System.Xml
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
System.Configuration
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll
ZipForge
Assembly Version: 1.3.0.0
Win32 Version: 1.3.0.0
CodeBase: file:///C:/GMDL/GMDL/bin/Debug/ZipForge.DLL
Accessibility
Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.42 (RTM.050727-4200)
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Accessibility/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Accessibility.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
<system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.

I don't know.. is it the microsoft .net framework version that i have that's why i'm getting this error

in7ane
July 19th, 2007, 20:44
Codaz, 18a is just small bug fixes so far, and yes, that's Russian :)

DennyPSP, v .NET 3 vosmoshno rabotayut kartinki bolshego razmera (iz MapCruncher: "raster renderer to use new libraries in .Net 3.0, which can process raster images without loading the entire image into memory") ya posmotryu esli dlya zapisi toshe rabotayet i togda moshno budet odin fayl zapisivat. Esli karti razbiti po x, y, i zoom to moshet bit moshno podognat cherez Custom JPG/PNG - http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Map_This!#Custom_maps_via_specifying_the_URL_with_ parameters - ili pohoshee s nebolshimi izmeneniyami (kak Rambler), skashi paru ekzemplyarov i ya posmotryu.

Ahill, I recall Russian working for geodata in Map This! (maybe the Russian version though), try a reverse lookup next to somewhere that's indexed in the geodata, and see if the text shows up correctly. If it does not - it's probably an encoding issue in GMDL - could you post a sample of the source CSV and a copy/version of map this that you are using it with; if it does - the problem is probably with the relaxed search in map this.

sleekyboy24, your .net framework is ok, that's a crash in the zip component that I'm using (on seeking within a file from the looks of it). It's most probably a permissions/some other disk issue - try running it from your desktop rather than from C:/GMDL/GMDL, sorry I can't be more help with it - but I have no real idea of how the zip component works internally.

DennyPSP
July 19th, 2007, 23:03
Codaz, 18a is just small bug fixes so far, and yes, that's Russian :)

DennyPSP, v .NET 3 vosmoshno rabotayut kartinki bolshego razmera (iz MapCruncher: "raster renderer to use new libraries in .Net 3.0, which can process raster images without loading the entire image into memory") ya posmotryu esli dlya zapisi toshe rabotayet i togda moshno budet odin fayl zapisivat. Esli karti razbiti po x, y, i zoom to moshet bit moshno podognat cherez Custom JPG/PNG - http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Map_This!#Custom_maps_via_specifying_the_URL_with_ parameters - ili pohoshee s nebolshimi izmeneniyami (kak Rambler), skashi paru ekzemplyarov i ya posmotryu.

Последние фразы не понял сории..что скачать?
Да скажи плиз у меня в мапкранчер ну никак не получается засунуть две разных карты в один слой..что я только не делал они каждый в своем слое..

Codaz
July 20th, 2007, 00:04
In7ane, OSM is giving an update of the newly obtained Geodata later this month. Did you make any progression working on OSM to GMDL ?

I tried and build some csv file but it's a hell of a lot work and it didn't work the first time.

Now normal lookup works, but not reverse, but i'll figure that out...

in7ane
July 20th, 2007, 09:45
Еще подскажи а нет ли у тебя в тайнике гденибудь программы способной выкачивать обычные (без gps) интерактивные карты городов просто в PNG либо BMP? Просто их столько развелось было бы не плохо...

Pro eto.

V MapCruncher, v novom dokumente File > Add Source Map dolshno vsyo klast v odin uroven (no pokazivayet otdelno).

Codaz, not yet - it'll be a few weeks at least.

DennyPSP
July 20th, 2007, 09:53
Pro eto.

V MapCruncher, v novom dokumente File > Add Source Map dolshno vsyo klast v odin uroven (no pokazivayet otdelno).

Ок с мапкранчером попробую...

А про карты вот ссылка например
http://map.ivolga.ru/saratov/?m=8&dx=8960&dy=11270

http://map.bigmir.net/kharkov/

http://www.comfort.kiev.ua/spravka/map/odessa.php

Щас почти у каждого города есть такая карта...
а привязать проблем не составит :)
просто было бы не плохо вставлять ссылку
и копировать любую карты на комп через твою прогу..я тебе уже говорил что она лучше чем Google map downloader - говорю еще раз :)

Ahill
July 20th, 2007, 10:31
Ahill, I recall Russian working for geodata in Map This! (maybe the Russian version though), try a reverse lookup next to somewhere that's indexed in the geodata, and see if the text shows up correctly. If it does not - it's probably an encoding issue in GMDL - could you post a sample of the source CSV and a copy/version of map this that you are using it with; if it does - the problem is probably with the relaxed search in map this.

Thanks for your reply. I'll post a sample of the csv and map this a little bit later. Unfortunately, I have not very much time now. Also i found that csv I using, contains wrong position data, may be this caused the problem. So, I'll correct it and then try again.

felixthecat13
July 21st, 2007, 10:39
hey guys what upp please will you make a map from los angeles or give me the link to gogle . i have problems i need the map thank`s felixthecat

felixthecat13
July 21st, 2007, 10:40
my email [email protected]

deniska
July 23rd, 2007, 16:43
@in7ane,
Could you please look in to adding mapy.cz to the gmdl map vendors list - the map tiles seem to be 256x256 and gps aligned..

in7ane
July 24th, 2007, 10:16
DennyPSP, tolko Saratov moshno podognat ( http://ivolga.ru/cgi-bin/map.cgi?id=3&xs=256&ys=256&m=8&dx=8960&dy=11270&fs=8 ), drugie ispolzuyut strannuyu adresatsiyu ( http://rmt.a.vnetgis.com/?uamap_cuid=46a5c04166d70&map=kharkov&rq=get_map&st=3 i http://rmt.vnetgis.com/?map=odesa&uamap_cuid=cm46a5bf3db2d41&log=0&rq=get_map&l=ru&st=19 ). Postarayus eto na nedele dodelat.

deniska, it doesn't look like they are gps compatible (links below) but the addressing looks reasonable enough, let me know if you still want it as a non-gps source:

http://mapserver.mapy.cz/base/10_7ec0000_8180000

http://mt3.google.com/mt?n=404&v=w2.56&x=2212&y=1387&zoom=5

http://mt3.google.com/mt?n=404&v=w2.56&x=1106&y=693&zoom=6

DennyPSP
July 24th, 2007, 12:13
[QUOTE=in7ane;481640]DennyPSP, tolko Saratov moshno podognat ( http://ivolga.ru/cgi-bin/map.cgi?id=3&xs=256&ys=256&m=8&dx=8960&dy=11270&fs=8 ), drugie ispolzuyut strannuyu adresatsiyu ( http://rmt.a.vnetgis.com/?uamap_cuid=46a5c04166d70&map=kharkov&rq=get_map&st=3 i http://rmt.vnetgis.com/?map=odesa&uamap_cuid=cm46a5bf3db2d41&log=0&rq=get_map&l=ru&st=19 ). Postarayus eto na nedele dodelat.
zoom=5[/url]

ты сильно не заморачивайся если можно будет сделать шаблон допустим на примере Саратова..Просто похожие карты скачивать - будет хорошо..если нет то и ладно...Я уже переделываю карты из OziExplorera :)

zsc
August 5th, 2007, 15:10
how's it going? it's been a while since I last posted. Anyway, i'm done with school and about to leave for Thailand for an extended vacation. Finally get to test MapThis in Thailand as I've promised.

So yea, I'm making a map for a drive from Bangkok to Chiang Mai right now and noticed a problem with GMDL 0.4.18a which I think is the latest version, correct me if I'm wrong.

In the advanced options, when I checked 'ignore missing tiles', the box for 'prompt to retry' greyed out. However, when I unchecked the box for 'ignore missing tiles', 'prompt to retry doesn't change back to normal.

Also, I'm sure this has been asked before, but seeing how I've been away for a while, I was wondering if it's possible to set the zoom level for select detail level to be at a lower level, possibly at the half way between max/min zoom.

cuizable
August 6th, 2007, 13:11
Hi and thanks for the wonderful application, i want to know if its possible to include and option in the next release that i can disable the 1x zoom level, because i download giant maps like the whole Turkey and the 2x and others will be enough for me.
Thanks for your consideration, and good luck in life.. : )

Yigit Ozan from Turkey..

deniska
August 6th, 2007, 16:30
deniska, it doesn't look like they are gps compatible (links below) but the addressing looks reasonable enough, let me know if you still want it as a non-gps source:

http://mapserver.mapy.cz/base/10_7ec0000_8180000

http://mt3.google.com/mt?n=404&v=w2.56&x=2212&y=1387&zoom=5

http://mt3.google.com/mt?n=404&v=w2.56&x=1106&y=693&zoom=6

It's up to you.

What about the new geodata files? Are they usable at all? I recall that there were some gaps in them...

in7ane
August 6th, 2007, 18:18
deniska, a quick reply about the new geodata:

missing states: http://www.in7ane.com/psp/posts/error_log0.txt

missing borders: http://www.in7ane.com/psp/posts/error_log1.txt

missing counties: http://www.in7ane.com/psp/posts/error_log2.txt

Otherwise it works fine - let me know if/when you can rerun those states/counties and we'll do an update.

The current geodata is missing Oregon (maybe others too, I can't remember) but has Oklahoma and California so potentially a 1.5 release of the mix and match geodata set can be released (let me know if you think this is a good idea).

in7ane
August 8th, 2007, 20:58
zsc, fixed the sloppy interface, thanks for reporting that. As for the zoom level selection - I am still getting around to that, so no promises on a time scale.

Note: if you are running 18a you may want to enable copying icons under Advanced - it is disabled by default now.

Codaz
August 8th, 2007, 23:25
in7ane, maybe a weird question but are you improving the GUI of GMDL in future ?

Because it now has more than 300 clickable buttons spread all over the screen.

Should be more handy to supply a wizard mode or something.

Because i'm in Europe and i won't use the 50 buttons for Geodata for US anyway.

Also, Geodata of the Netherlands should be available from OSM from 20th of August so how is your progress so far on ripping Geodata of OSM ??

deniska
August 9th, 2007, 16:12
deniska, a quick reply about the new geodata:

missing states: http://www.in7ane.com/psp/posts/error_log0.txt

missing borders: http://www.in7ane.com/psp/posts/error_log1.txt

missing counties: http://www.in7ane.com/psp/posts/error_log2.txt

Otherwise it works fine - let me know if/when you can rerun those states/counties and we'll do an update.

The current geodata is missing Oregon (maybe others too, I can't remember) but has Oklahoma and California so potentially a 1.5 release of the mix and match geodata set can be released (let me know if you think this is a good idea).

I believe that problems with offsore counties are due to TIGER errors or format change..
I tried to load data for "AS" in roadnav and got error popup about some missing files...
Unfortunately Census Bureau has removed the first edition files so I can't really cross-compare..
You may want to mix&match the data for those counties from prev release if you still have it and it does look better.
As far as Oklahoma and California go - I'll re-run my scripts and post the data.. so dont' mix the old&new data for the continental states just yet

deniska
August 10th, 2007, 15:37
in7ane, I have uploaded CA,ND,NJ&OK

I don't think that the tiger has the data for FM, MH,PW

Please re-run your tests and let me know if anything is still missing...

in7ane
August 13th, 2007, 13:03
deniska, the borderless counties are the same as in the original, 2006, run so I guess they are just empty. The remaining issue is missing counties: http://www.in7ane.com/psp/posts/error2_log2.txt and one of the zips is corrupt, could you reupload: 42045.zip (from PA).

The missing counties are from AR, DC, FL, NY, and PA (the 2006 set has some missing from OK, and all of OR, SC, WY). Let me know if you can rerun AR, DC, FL, NY, and PA to fill the gaps or if you want to use the 2006 data for those counties.

deniska
August 13th, 2007, 15:00
will do AR, DC, FL, NY, and PA tonight... thanks

MemorX
August 14th, 2007, 10:52
I see, how about a map service like http://www.hvor.no ?

It seems to be buildt with tiles (256 x 256).. Its not as good as the first one, but it would still be better than Google and the others.

Thanks for your answer!

in7ane said that the these tiles did not correspond with Google Tiles. The case is a map over Norway :)

Can anyone please check this site for me?

http://kart.sesam.no/

deniska
August 14th, 2007, 22:11
in7ane, AR, DC, FL, NY, and PA should be in.. Let me know if anything else is missing

rollinolin
August 16th, 2007, 05:41
do POI's automatically get downloaded with geodata or do you have to load that seperately?
I am just wondering if it automaticaly comes up in gps mode or not.

in7ane
August 16th, 2007, 11:43
deniska, the geodata checks out without any errors now, you'll need a new http://www.in7ane.com/psp/gmdl0.4.18a.zip which now points at it.

rollinolin, the POIs are separate from geodata (which is just street names and numbers).

MemorX, that does not seem to correspond to Google's tiles either, it looks like northern countries do not like the Mercator projection since it distorts quite a bit towards the poles.

in7ane
August 18th, 2007, 11:30
GMDL 0.5 - Map This! 0.5 compatibility update.

http://www.in7ane.com/psp/gmdl0.5.00b.zip

Layout fixes (anchoring, map sources in tabs with translation.txt present)

YUM Assembler fixes (CSV changes, ; delimited CSVs - no ; in file names though, actual image counts) - now with a manual: http://www.in7ane.com/psp/manual/YUM_Assembler.pdf

Disabled the default copying of icons and sounds, and synced up the ones bundled with GMDL

Sloppy interface fixes - thanks zsc

WMS/NASA error handling fixed (failed tiles remained with the text error message)

Google Hybrid is a single option again (underneath it works the same, just an interface change)

New USGS TIGER geodata, now covering all states, you can delete C:/GMDL/usgs_tiger (usgs_tiger_v2 is now used)

waichai
August 19th, 2007, 03:49
hi everyone,
i have a problem to do the route from 22 Peace Plz, San Francisco, CA 94115 to Stanton Ave, Castro Valley, CA 94564, IN GMDL, it shows the directions on left hand side, but it doens't let me to do "List", i have tried gmdl0.4.18a, and gmdl0.5.00b, still give me the same problem.

deniska
August 19th, 2007, 06:38
hi everyone,
i have a problem to do the route from 22 Peace Plz, San Francisco, CA 94115 to Stanton Ave, Castro Valley, CA 94564, IN GMDL, it shows the directions on left hand side, but it doens't let me to do "List", i have tried gmdl0.4.18a, and gmdl0.5.00b, still give me the same problem.
in7ane, please check it - gmdl throws some exception on this route....

rollinolin
August 19th, 2007, 19:40
i keep getting "google satellite tile test failed" error
I am trying to build a hybrid of tacoma washinington but cant get anywhere due to this error.
Can anyone explain what i am doing wrong, or direct me to an updated tutorial on hybrid maps.
I am running version 5 of gmdl.
thanks

in7ane
August 20th, 2007, 11:06
waichai, Google's directions seem to dislike pedestrian streets (this also affects Nieko's web interface), I think the maps.google.com interface does a pre-step to get the lat/lon or the nearest road.

This works: San Francisco, CA 94115 to Stanton Ave, Castro Valley, CA 94564

rollinolin, Google hybrid is satellite + transparent overlay, and they seem to block IP's for a few hours if you download more than 1000 or so satellite tiles.

deniska, I think I've found a bug in the goedata search code (sorry, should have picked this up before the release but only got it after looking at UK postcode problems):

If you get some results via a search, and then do another wide search (just a street name without a number) the same results appear. If a more stringent search is done (with a house number), actual results will be returned.

My guess at what's happening:

geo-client.c
address_geolookup2()
does not reset zipcounter=0 since that line is after checking if the house number is 0 or null and returning -1

then in main.c address_geolookup2() relaxed search and wide search are skipped

the fix would be to move zipcounter=0; in address_geolookup2() to the FILE *fp; area

or have it in address_geolookup2() before address_geolookup2() is first called

deniska
August 21st, 2007, 14:27
in7ane,
Look's like the bug slipped in with MIB.42's relaxed search update
I'll fix it in the next update...

stirlo
August 22nd, 2007, 04:13
can ne 1 tell my step by step to get my gps on my psp to work?

Codaz
August 22nd, 2007, 12:57
Stirlo read the FAQ, this topic is NOT the place to ask that :)

Here's the link to the faq, read it please:

http://dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=51440

Thanks.

parallaxtz
August 24th, 2007, 01:49
Hey folks, I'm trying to find the best way to make POI files for large areas, such as an area that is 2 lat/long wide. The only way I have found so far is to zoom in very far and then concatenate all the files together into one file.

(I'm trying to do files for the greater San Francisco bay area + Santa Rosa + Sacramento.)

I noticed that the NYC POI files that are included in the latest MapThis! build are very close to the sort of thing I'm trying to do.

Thanks so much!

deniska
August 24th, 2007, 05:52
Hey folks, I'm trying to find the best way to make POI files for large areas, such as an area that is 2 lat/long wide. The only way I have found so far is to zoom in very far and then concatenate all the files together into one file.

(I'm trying to do files for the greater San Francisco bay area + Santa Rosa + Sacramento.)

I noticed that the NYC POI files that are included in the latest MapThis! build are very close to the sort of thing I'm trying to do.

Thanks so much!

Use lat/lon divisor boxes...
Basically, queries for any area are limited to 255 responses - no matter how big.. so you want to divide your area in to segments and make separate inquiries.
the program will do it for ya.. but it takes time...

--shaq-attack--
August 26th, 2007, 02:21
to in7ane:
i am new to this gps thing, i am from New Zealand and just got a psp 290 and it is up and running but is it possible to get GeoData.dát for new zealand?

tapioka
August 26th, 2007, 19:57
hi evreyone

sorry to disturb with a new question

i have a probleme. I want download the map of the europe (not all, just france-spain-italy...)
and i want to disable the zoom 1x., i read the tips to disable the option, (click advanced and set 1 or 2 in min zoom)but gmdl download the map in 1x zoom nevertheless

thanks

cuizable
August 26th, 2007, 20:46
hi evreyone

i have a probleme. I want download the map of the europe (not all, just france-spain-italy...)
and i want to disable the zoom 1x., i read the tips to disable the option, (click advanced and set 1 or 2 in min zoom)but gmdl download the map in 1x zoom nevertheless

thanks

To disable the 1x zoom, set the min. zoom option to 1,

If you want to disable the 1x and 2x zoom levels, set the option to 2,

And if you want to disable 1x, 2x and 3x options, set the option to 3 etc...

It will show the 1x zoom level in tile selection screen, don't get confused, because that's not the level that you want to get rid of, its gone and the new 1x is the actual 2x zoom level.

So if you download the map you will still see a 1x folder, that is needed for the mapthis application to work properly.

So if you set the min. zoom level correctly, it should work.

You can easily test if it works by setting the min. zoom option to something like 5 and you will still see a 1x option on the tile selection screen, but your map will download in a minute, and you will see it works..

Good luck..

EDIT : By the way, make sure after you set the min. zoom option, you click on "pull tiles" on the advanced menu, not the download the map button.. (I don't know maybe it works either but..)

arr105
August 26th, 2007, 20:57
to in7ane:
i am new to this gps thing, i am from New Zealand and just got a psp 290 and it is up and running but is it possible to get GeoData.dat for new zealand?

If anyone know about this I would also be interested. :)

Airwave
August 26th, 2007, 21:17
One question,is it possible to generate maps only of the directionsway within a radius?

When yes, let me know,or not,then i think it could be a nice function for further in GMDL.

thanks for your nice work In7ane.

Mystheryman
August 26th, 2007, 22:40
hi evreyone

thanks

It's only a tip.
I don't think, that you can fit such a large map on a 4GB Memorystick.
I'm using a Map of whole Germany. After downloading it has 4,8 GB (1st zoom disabled). After shrinking with GPSFS_util it have 3,2GB

Codaz
August 27th, 2007, 01:31
3,2 gb WOW. You did something wrong there buddy. I have the map of whole Netherlands and it zooms down to level 4, it's 220 mb.

With zoom upto level 3, it's 550 mb.

tapioka
August 28th, 2007, 09:02
hi all

thanks for the answer..cuizable and Mystheryman

good job and good luck for the best homebrew of the psp scene

kohht
August 28th, 2007, 15:06
can any one help miiex?.. i just brought a gps but i duno wat to do wif it.. can anyone send miiex gps file and tell miiex how to do o yar my psp filmware is 3.02 and 1gb.. i not sure how to look ther is oea whr can i look for it? help miex ty alot...

Davim
August 28th, 2007, 16:05
is there a linux version of this?

cuizable
August 29th, 2007, 06:36
can any one help miiex?.. i just brought a gps but i duno wat to do wif it.. can anyone send miiex gps file and tell miiex how to do o yar my psp filmware is 3.02 and 1gb.. i not sure how to look ther is oea whr can i look for it? help miex ty alot...

Welcome to the forums,

To check if you have the oe you should go settings-->system settings-->system information and look for your firmware number.

If your 3.02 firmware is 3.02 OE, then you can use mapthis application with your gps adapter,

Click Here (http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=51440) and you will see a detailed guide, if you have any further questions feel free to ask..

Good luck mate..

kohht
August 29th, 2007, 11:21
iiex still nid help... sry.. how can iiex get mapthis! ? can u send miiex the link? if u can..can uue send miiex this email ? [email protected].. ty alot..o yar..send miiex how to start gps guide..i not sure how to use it.. i just buy sry!.. i cant wait to use it >.<!.. ty alot!!!

kohht
August 29th, 2007, 12:46
o..iiex had put the mapthis in my psp/game inside but it say..loading USB accessory module... error ...can anyone help miiex? ty alot

kohht
August 29th, 2007, 12:55
can anyone send miiex usbacc.prx and usbgps.prx..iiex try the step but..sry..iiex duno how to do wif it...can any one help miiex? sry... make soo make problem...

cuizable
August 30th, 2007, 07:51
kohht;

What's your firmware exactly? It's important for you to use the correct prx files for your firmware..

And off topic, but where are you from mate,your english is very interesting..

kohht
August 30th, 2007, 09:02
iiex from singapore..sry but my psp firmware is 3.02 oe-a ... how do iiex use the prx? whr can iiex download? ty alot.. iiex had download the mapthis and i put it in the game file but iiex duno wat to do wif the usbpsp.prx and usbgps.prx .. whr can iiex look for it? ty alot

kohht
August 30th, 2007, 09:04
o..yar ther one more problem.. i try to download the map.. but it say got problem.. to check the firewall.. iiex not sure wat is the problem..my firewall is spyware doctor wif antivirus itis is tis?.. but i turn off it still cant work.. can uue help miiex? ty alot!.. i not soo gd in programing.. sry!.

in7ane
August 30th, 2007, 11:28
New GMDL, mainly to draw a line under some changes, and since I'm probably not going to have time to work on it much over the next month or so:

http://www.in7ane.com/psp/gmdl0.5.01b.zip

Changes:

Warns if can't find sounds.txt and icons

UK postcode geodata is fixed (single zip center was falling outside of the map area, it's now split by the first part of the postcode), temporary note: keep Street 1 checked and search for 1 post code (eg. 1 EC4Y) to bypass the wide search reset bug in Map This! on subsequent searches

Note on the Google direction's dislike of pedestrian streets (also affects Nieko's web interface)

Ability to set the cookie from the web browser

The 4x zoom and area selection screen now has a size estimate based on the loaded tiles, allows deselection of 1x and shows an estimate of the map/layer sizes

directions_translation.txt for translating the part of directions that's in English (sounds.txt is applied before this)

Geodata from querying Google (all street numbers are 1) that seems to work with international encodings (please provide feedback)

YYY123
August 30th, 2007, 12:46
New GMDL, mainly to draw a line under some changes, and since I'm probably not going to have time to work on it much over the next month or so:

http://www.in7ane.com/psp/gmdl0.5.01b.zip

Changes:

Warns if can't find sounds.txt and icons

UK postcode geodata is fixed (single zip center was falling outside of the map area, it's now split by the first part of the postcode), temporary note: keep Street 1 checked and search for 1 post code (eg. 1 EC4Y) to bypass the wide search reset bug in Map This! on subsequent searches

Note on the Google direction's dislike of pedestrian streets (also affects Nieko's web interface)

Ability to set the cookie from the web browser

The 4x zoom and area selection screen now has a size estimate based on the loaded tiles, allows deselection of 1x and shows an estimate of the map/layer sizes

directions_translation.txt for translating the part of directions that's in English (sounds.txt is applied before this)

Geodata from querying Google (all street numbers are 1) that seems to work with international encodings (please provide feedback)

nice:thumbup:

PDG
August 30th, 2007, 14:39
Very nice in7ane!
The only thing i lack is Scrolling features so i can run the application in a smaller window ;)

Like a Frameset where the left menu will be scrollable (up/down) and the Map (Up/Left-Right) if it is to big ;) Today its only possible to scroll (Right/left) on the map if im not mistaking :)

I downloaded the gmdl0.5.01a today and generated a smaller map, and i also got my Holux M1000 and my cables for it and im testing it out when the batteries has had a chance to charge for at least 24 hours :)

Oh by the way when you moved the gmdl0.4.18a all my guides lost the tool *Lol* i fixed it by adding it to my site and a direct link to it from there :D

Wilkomez
August 30th, 2007, 16:28
nice update in7ane appreciate it, tho' that new geodata from google beta blocked me after getting through about 25 thousand of 4.5 million street names, for some reason it's awfully slow to get them aswell... think ill forget about UK geodata till January lol it's turning out to be way too much of a job to get it working it seems :(! also an estimated size of England at just 2x zoom level is over 4gb which isn't too bad actually will probably equate to about 2.5gb after removing the water.. tho i don't see how to download it when google just blocks us :P

in7ane
August 30th, 2007, 16:47
PDG, sorry about that I'll setup something of a latest pointer link. Any ideas for a better implementation than just a refresh= tag? I will try to take a look at a framed/scrollable setup, however I suspect it would require quite a bit of a redesign.

Wilkomez there will be a setup with a local cache (that can be filled in gradually) in the future - it's a just a beta test for now.

Airwave, the app will let you deselect areas (via a 8x8 grid) when you download larger maps - this will eventually get improved upon.

Davim, there is no Linux version as the app heavily depends on Windows specific components, you may have some luck under Wine though.

Airwave
August 30th, 2007, 18:39
Thanks In7ane for your answer, i hope you`ll implement such a part.I think this should save memory as large mapsdownloads of all areas.So we can plan more far directions and need few memory.

for example,at first you search your directionsway and after that you see the direcions that you will go by car and after that you are able to choose you area around the direction you will see on the psp.Its a possibility to connect far routes or even connect different countrys.

Thanks for your work.......

DennyPSP
August 30th, 2007, 22:53
To in7ane

Подскажи плиз я тут разобрался почти с YUM..
разобрался как посчитать Span in minutes два значения..
Но как соединить два куска а то координаты у второго куска выдает в мапкранчер сдвинутые...
Да и еще есть проблема - мапкранчер не рендерит после YUM почемуто..
Я тут видео сделал ..время будет глянь плиз...
http://letitbit.net/download/6e9f38583844/YUM-problem-with-MSR.rar.html

kohht
August 31st, 2007, 02:46
hey! ty alot! but iiex still having problem wif my psp the .prx file.. how can i get it? i try alot way but i still cant get the way wif it 3.02oe-a .. how can iiez do the step?
iiex try the step but it cant work.. how do iiex do it?

PDG
August 31st, 2007, 09:06
hey! ty alot! but iiex still having problem wif my psp the .prx file.. how can i get it? i try alot way but i still cant get the way wif it 3.02oe-a .. how can iiez do the step?
iiex try the step but it cant work.. how do iiex do it?

Do you want .prx files :) Just follow my guides dude ;)

Theyre added to my signature :thumbup:

PDG
August 31st, 2007, 09:09
PDG, sorry about that I'll setup something of a latest pointer link. Any ideas for a better implementation than just a refresh= tag? I will try to take a look at a framed/scrollable setup, however I suspect it would require quite a bit of a redesign.

No problems, i added the version to my server i missed and linked to it directly :)
I had some time to rethink my PSP projects and i set up a new page about all my progress just so i can keep track of everything and letting people know some good news ;) www.pspfaq.tk is the free adress with lots of .tk ads *Lol*

Mouch easier than http://www.vampire.se/misc/psp/xxxxxx :thumbup:

icpart
August 31st, 2007, 10:49
Hi guys! I have one question. Can anyone help me? I want to create custom map with directions but I don't know its possible in GMDl or do you know what is syntax of the file which consist information to use maps with direction information for routing in mapthis.

kohht
September 1st, 2007, 04:25
iiex still not sure how to get the prx and put it in to my psp .. how to do? iiex try agin... but fail.. now sure how to do it.. anyhelp?

cuizable
September 1st, 2007, 06:37
iiex still not sure how to get the prx and put it in to my psp .. how to do? iiex try agin... but fail.. now sure how to do it.. anyhelp?

I sent an email to your hotmail address, check that..

And you will put the two prx files to the same folder of eboot.pbp file of the mapthis..

Good Luck..

kohht
September 1st, 2007, 13:03
hm.. i try ty alot for sending

kohht
September 1st, 2007, 20:53
sry agin!! iiex still having some problem map.. iiex try to download the map.. they say *no internet connection,for the webclient object(trying http://maps.google.com),try agin?

or,if the embedded internet explorer window does load in the background this is probably a firewall/antivirus/proxy problem - check your setting* wan can i do? iiex try to check my firewall .. still cant work.. iiex use my laptop and search for wlan and iiex use some one, it work how come my cant work? how do iiex do it? and.. can i get the map from http://www.streetdirectory.com/ ? ther got 3 contry iiex just nid singapore.. can iiex download from ther? hope so ty

cuizable
September 2nd, 2007, 11:09
sry agin!! iiex still having some problem map.. iiex try to download the map.. they say *no internet connection,for the webclient object(trying http://maps.google.com),try agin?

or,if the embedded internet explorer window does load in the background this is probably a firewall/antivirus/proxy problem - check your setting* wan can i do? iiex try to check my firewall .. still cant work.. iiex use my laptop and search for wlan and iiex use some one, it work how come my cant work? how do iiex do it? and.. can i get the map from http://www.streetdirectory.com/ ? ther got 3 contry iiex just nid singapore.. can iiex download from ther? hope so ty

Google blocks your IP if you download too much satellite images in a certain amount of time.To change your ip you can simply turn your modem/router off and on, and delete your cookies..

And for the www.streetdirectory.com, in7ane will tell the most correct answer for that,I'm not sure the tiles of that maps are in suitable format and if they are gps compatible..

Good luck.. : )

kohht
September 3rd, 2007, 11:25
thank alot cuizable without uue iiex cant do anything iex nid.. ty alot for yr help!!

kohht
September 4th, 2007, 10:15
the prx file are still not working.. whr do iiex put the file?

gofawkurself
September 6th, 2007, 09:11
Why am I getting this?
http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c2/m0r3au/gmdl.jpg
i tried 2 different versions just to be sure.

cuizable
September 7th, 2007, 00:32
Why am I getting this?
http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c2/m0r3au/gmdl.jpg
i tried 2 different versions just to be sure.

It looks like you don't have the Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 (http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=0856EACB-4362-4B0D-8EDD-AAB15C5E04F5&displaylang=en) installed on your computer.

Click here (http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=0856EACB-4362-4B0D-8EDD-AAB15C5E04F5&displaylang=en) to download the package and install it.. After that the program should work..

Good luck..

dloading
September 8th, 2007, 10:13
Hi all,
here is your old "I like doing microscopic and used by few people fixes to GMDL" friend!

This time I was trying to use directions_translation.txt and I found it wasn't working on directions from google because the replace was handled using case sensitive replace.

So I did fix it to use case insensitive replace. To be as fast as possible I had to import Microsoft.VisualBasic.DLL and used it's Strings.Replace() function because it's faster than using regex in c# .

Well here is the updated zip based off latest public release (0.5.01b).

Byebye and always thanks for your work!

Codaz
September 8th, 2007, 15:15
GREAT dloading :)

Maybe you can work together with In7ane on a better GMDL from now on !!

kohht
September 9th, 2007, 06:11
ty alot to cuizable whic help miiex alot and make miiex understad how douse the psp gps work ty alot to him!

dloading
September 9th, 2007, 10:09
GREAT dloading :)

Maybe you can work together with In7ane on a better GMDL from now on !!

Hehe, I only did little fixes to GMDL (previous one was to proxy server support), I don't know if I'm able to do anything bigger.
I'll try in the future when I'll have some spare time.
Goodbye

kohht
September 10th, 2007, 06:57
iiex nid geodata on singapore iiex only hav the map ... but went iiex look for the place they say geodata missing.. how can iiex get geodata? iiex try useing google(beta) but it take to long on it .. can anyone noe how to get singapore geodata? nid uue noe send miiex my email. [email protected] ty alot

in7ane
September 13th, 2007, 06:25
dloading, thanks, that's in now

http://www.in7ane.com/psp/gmdl0.5.02a.zip with that and yet another , to . fix (in the YUM code)

And something completely unrelated, if anyone knows of a Peru (or Lima and Cuzco city maps) in google tile or detailed single image form could they please post a link, thanks.

DennyPSP
September 15th, 2007, 14:01
Ok 0.5.02a working fine with YUM..thanks

jun_pakaplog
September 16th, 2007, 15:30
hi!
i tried mapthis! for psp it works just fine! but i always had errors on it because the supplied maps is new york, im in the philippines. can somebody help me? i tried the gmdl but theres a lot of things to input to get the exact map. im confused. pls help

Codaz
September 16th, 2007, 17:18
I don't know if there are maps for Phillipines.

in7ane
September 17th, 2007, 04:07
Another minor update to 0.5.02a (if someone makes use of it, suggestions are certainly welcome):

Pull and merge non 256x256 tiles (for use in MapCruncher) -> then YUM then Tile Level Pull Merge: http://www.in7ane.com/psp/posts/TileLevelPullMerge.png note: rendering large (30k x 40k) images takes days in MapCruncher, on a dual 3GHz Xeon with 2GB of RAM, due to scaling

kohht
September 17th, 2007, 17:03
jun_pakaplog
make sure uue hav framework *at lest framework 2* after uue hav den uue may use gmdl tool..

rbensyl
September 18th, 2007, 08:35
k, I'm a bit new here......I just got my psp downgraded to 1.5 then up to 3.40oea. now how do I get mapthis to work for the states (nation wide) and possibly the middle east, since I'm in Iraq right now. all comments to help I would be thankful for.

kohht
September 20th, 2007, 02:58
hm..iiex wad is the problem uue hav now? mapthis? or psp downgraded?

waichai
September 21st, 2007, 02:21
hi guys,
In GMDL, is there a way that i can download the poi with address in it?
Thanz

kohht
September 21st, 2007, 14:06
wai chai
yes uue can just follow up the step

fak3
September 21st, 2007, 18:36
in7ane how can i merge 2 geodata.dat files?

waichai
September 22nd, 2007, 01:55
kohht
can u give me a link for step

in7ane
September 22nd, 2007, 22:37
rbensyl, follow the various how-to's at the top of http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=170 for setup and US coverage, for the middle east: see what the main providers have, and see what http://www.openstreetmap.org/ has (Baghdad) or just go with the satellite imagery - I think that's reasonably up to date.

fak3, you are really better off recreating the geodata for the larger area, but if you really want to merge two geodata.dat files it's a very manual process (the internal indexes probably overlap - so that would have to be sorted out by hand). If you still want to try it there is an extract and create geodata.dat buttons in the bottom right of the GeoData screen.

fak3
September 23rd, 2007, 00:44
thanks for the answer in7ane :)
i live in italy, and as you know geodatas aren't available for europe.. so what i'm trying to do is downloading geodatas of small areas (less than 20k queries) with the gmdl google method, and then merge them.
i think at the moment this is the only way for me to have geodatas at least of my town :(
(sorry for my bad english)

in7ane
September 23rd, 2007, 04:48
fak3, the google geodata is being completely reworked (with a local cache and therefore incremental downloads) - it will take some time due to other commitments, but I'll get there eventually.

fak3
September 23rd, 2007, 16:47
fak3, the google geodata is being completely reworked (with a local cache and therefore incremental downloads) - it will take some time due to other commitments, but I'll get there eventually.
wow, can't wait for that! let me say you rock dude! :thumbup:

Airwave
September 24th, 2007, 14:22
hi in7ane,

my problem are the direction_tranlation.txt, i have copy in the debugfolder, but don`t see any kind of change.i think thats for the directions.But when i see the list of points arenīt change.For exemple the name: MIDPOINT=KONTROLLPUNKT but it stays MIDPOINT in the directionslist.

What can i do? Thanks for help............

threelancelot
September 25th, 2007, 22:39
Hi in7ane I have a dude how can I create geodata with zip codes from a csv, im from Mexico and want to make geodata based in zipcode search

I mean I have

Lon,lat, street name, city, country, zipcode

in my csv file

and I wanna make search like street name and zip code

tnx

in7ane
September 28th, 2007, 03:12
Airwave, MIDPOINT is a key word (Map This! uses it) so it can't be translated.

threelancelot, I added support for supplying your own zip codes (they have to be numeric and within 1 to 99999) http://www.in7ane.com/psp/gmdl0.5.02a.zip

check the corresponding checkbox and the format is as follows: zip, lon, lat, name, etc. as before

I'll looking at adding states later - it's a bit more involved.

threelancelot
September 28th, 2007, 18:17
Thanks In7ane thats what I looking for!!! with this I can complete my geodata for search, Thank you very much for your quick response

Airwave
September 29th, 2007, 17:29
[QUOTE=in7ane;524404]Airwave, MIDPOINT is a key word (Map This! uses it) so it can't be translated.

Thanks In7ane,no problem, but i thought the directiontranslation.txt are there for;)maybe.

greets

fak3
October 7th, 2007, 13:34
in7ane can you explain me how the new Google (semi-auto) mode works? :)

in7ane
October 8th, 2007, 02:58
Airwave, it will translate everything except MIDPOINT :)

fak3, that's not done yet (not even for testing - the code isn't there yet). I'm just keeping an updated version offsite. I'll post once it's usable.

Lord_Lucifer
October 18th, 2007, 01:43
Hi in7ane this is My first post here and I wanted to say what an excellent Program this is along side Map this.

I do have a couple of questions though (sorry If Ive posted this in the wrong area)
Is it possible to have GMDL coded so it uses firefox instead of internet explorer as IE never works properly for Me...tried all the google help files and forums but had no success....I get maps but the directions part never works with the blue line etc.
Also is it also possible to add support for like google.com.au &
whereis.com as these are mainly for the australian side (im obviously in australia lol) I know that most GPS units use whereis.com maps in australia

I appologise if these have already been covered but I cant seem to find any info on them in the search functions....any help would be very greatly appreciated.

eminded
October 18th, 2007, 03:23
what up.. whenever i try to download the google hybird maps.. i try everyone dl 1 tiel at a time.. proxy servers... 5 sec betwwen dl .. nothiogn works no matter what i get banned... please ehlp me out

Mystheryman
October 21st, 2007, 13:14
@in7ane
Is there any possibility to download german geodata from the openstreetmap.org project?
Because of the growing popularity it becomes more and more interesting.

Codaz
October 22nd, 2007, 12:44
Ask Nieko for help with that, he has many experience with extracting files from the openstreetmap geodata.

in7ane
October 29th, 2007, 17:17
Lord_Lucifer, it isn't really possible to use Firefox instead of IE as there is no equivalent (easy to use) Firefox COM object for .NET

eminded, it shouldn't fail straight away unless you are already blocked, however recently something changed with the google page so version numbers (next to where you select the map source) weren't showing up. This is fixed in a new http://www.in7ane.com/psp/gmdl0.5.02a.zip which you may want to try - however it's quite unlikely that this was the reason.

Mystheryman, go with Codaz's suggestion of using Nieko's scripts - there's no point in me rewriting them in GMDL (and at this pace I'm unlike to have the time to do it any time soon).

Tbone54
October 29th, 2007, 22:28
Hi Inzane,

Amesome work on the project.

Im having some issues using gmdl. First is there any documentation?

Im a bit overwhelmed with the amount of options that are on the screen, Ive looked through the source, and online and there only seems to be simple how tos. Is there any good documentation?

2nd, sometimes I zoom in on an area then click download map, and it just randomly chooses its own section of the map i was viewing to download. Is it because the section Im trying to download is too big?

Its quite strange... Im zoomed into most of toronto, I hit the download map. It then chooses the rural area I have up the top. And wants to download that. If I continue it only downloads 2mb of the rural section. Ignores pretty much all the interesting parts.

Thanks

in7ane
October 30th, 2007, 02:23
There are various how-to's and the wiki - but I guess you've found those. Beyond that there isn't really anything more in the form of documentation since a lot of the functionality is just something I wanted in or from specific requests (if you have specific questions post them here and I'll try to answer them).

Area selection jumps tile-by-tile, so by 256 pixels at a time - use the Preview 1x and and Preview 2x buttons to see what you are going to get and move the map accordingly.

Tbone54
October 30th, 2007, 03:58
Thanks in7ane,

I managed to get it all working with some trial and error, until the map looked like what i wanted.

Thanks for the quick reply, and awesome app.

Codaz
October 30th, 2007, 13:52
In7ane, could you integrate the scripts Nieko made into GMDL ?

So that if people supply the geodata file from OSM, it auto extracts it and prompts which area the user wants to rip out of it.

Then it rips them out, and makes a geodata.dat file of it.

Should be doable since Nieko's scripts are pretty good.

Only a lot of time for the pc to extract and a lot of harddrive space is needed (20 gigabyte).

But with today's pc hardware it should be fine.

Tbone54
October 30th, 2007, 22:16
Sorry about another question In7ane,

But im getting run time errors, when trying to download geodata.

Is there anything on my system that could be causing the problem?

Thanks

in7ane
November 2nd, 2007, 20:46
I finally got a few hours to sit down and finish up the semi-auto google geodata (with a local cache), and that's in: http://www.in7ane.com/psp/gmdl0.5.02a.zip (last tab in the geodata form, should be straight forward, but if there are problems please do report them).

Codaz, I'll take a look at that next - but no promises on when it'll actually make it into the app properly.

Tbone54, could you post the more info part from the runtime error (it will give me a line reference) also the area of the map (maybe it's just bad geodata).

Gizzmo_jr
November 3rd, 2007, 17:26
Is it at all possible using Google maps modify route, to update the POI's when creating my directions? It will only take the from: and the last to: and generate the path based off those.

micking
November 5th, 2007, 19:23
when i download it says Not found :-(

Tbone54
November 6th, 2007, 00:51
Edit heres the error:
http://img187.imageshack.us/img187/3038/testsr7.jpg

Hi In7ane,

sorry been busy with work, and the usal. When i get home Ill get the screenshots of what happens.

I have a map that ive downloaded of Toronto. Then then use it to get the geodata, but it gets a run time exception as soon as the geodata window loads up.

I then hit continue, and it trys to connect, then it errors again and just says download failed.

Ill get the screenshots tonite. So you can have a better idea of exactly what im doing.

Thanks

in7ane
November 7th, 2007, 00:53
Tbone54, make sure you have all of the original contents of the Debug directory in the same directory as the exe, they should looks like this: http://www.in7ane.com/psp/posts/gmdl_exe_dir.png (GeoData checks its local folders on startup and that seems to be throwing the error). If it still doesn't work - copy and paste the contents of the ****Exception Text**** (the line number is further down than what I can see from the screen shot).

micking, the gmdl....zip? the link above works for me, alternatively get it from http://www.in7ane.com/psp

Gizzmo_jr, yes it is, get the route you want to display on google maps on the left, then click Get Values (you end up with from: A to: B to C to D etc. in the from/to fields and then the queries are run separately and appended).

Gizzmo_jr
November 7th, 2007, 07:16
Well I'll be, my apologies in7ane. I got it working like you said. For whatever reason it wouldn't before but all is well.

Let me thank you for your work with this program and project.

pc1697
November 7th, 2007, 12:23
Hi in7lane

Thank you for your work

I have a question.
Last time I was downloading Map from google
and it had some errors because of the network connection.
There is a ERROR_LOG.txt

Can I fix the map that already downloaded with the content inside ERROR_LOG.txt?

I am using gmdl0.5.02a
And this is the part of the content of ERROR_LOG.txt
http://kh0.google.com/kh?n=404&v=21&t=trstrrqstqqrqqqq TO C:\Downloads\_Seoul/1x/000/1x000016.jpg
http://kh0.google.com/kh?n=404&v=21&t=trstrrqstqqrqqqr TO C:\Downloads\_Seoul/1x/000/1x000017.jpg
http://kh1.google.com/kh?n=404&v=21&t=trstrrqstqqrqqrq TO C:\Downloads\_Seoul/1x/000/1x000018.jpg
http://kh1.google.com/kh?n=404&v=21&t=trstrrqstqqrqqrr TO C:\Downloads\_Seoul/1x/000/1x000019.jpg
http://kh2.google.com/kh?n=404&v=21&t=trstrrqstqqrqrqq TO C:\Downloads\_Seoul/1x/000/1x000020.jpg
http://kh1.google.com/kh?n=404&v=21&t=trstrrqstqqrqrqr TO C:\Downloads\_Seoul/1x/000/1x000021.jpg
http://kh0.google.com/kh?n=404&v=21&t=trstrrqstqqrqrrq TO C:\Downloads\_Seoul/1x/000/1x000022.jpg
http://kh1.google.com/kh?n=404&v=21&t=trstrrqstqqrqrrr TO C:\Downloads\_Seoul/1x/000/1x000023.jpg

Thank you very much.

Regards
Sunny

Rgonzalez79
November 8th, 2007, 17:48
I have read through several threads and questions and have not found an answer to my question:

Is there a way to get GMDL to show a route with several stops (waypoints) on my already created map?

To get directions to one place, you save it as a POI correct? Would I have to set multiple POI's and open each one individually to do this?

I am a real estate photographer and take like 45 pics (different addresses) in 1 day at times.

It would be much easier to see the route from start to finish with the stops shown as circles (or any other icon).

Is there a way to do this? If so, can anyone eplain how with great detail :)

Thanks for all of your help.

In7ane --> great tool brother, MapThis would not be as popular without you.

Deniska --> you already know your the man

deniska
November 9th, 2007, 05:05
I have not tried the most recent version just yet, but I am pretty sure that in some previous version I was able make google to re-route through locations I wanted to go to and then capture it via gmdl.. If I am mistaken - please let me know...
And also, there is nothing stoping you from concatenating all your routes in one file (just copy/paste if nothing else works...)

Nieko
November 9th, 2007, 08:59
The problem with concatenatening all the files is that it'll only show the red lines for the last part (after the last !WAYPOINT directive). Keep that in mind and remove all but the very first !WAYPOINT directive.

Tbone54
November 9th, 2007, 12:26
Quick question, I have a map that spans Toronto and Buffalo, is there anyway I can combine the geodata i download for the US, and then add in the geodata for Canada?

Thanks (Geodata is working sweetly now)

Rgonzalez79
November 9th, 2007, 16:43
Sorry for the noob-ness of my question.

But where are thse !Waypoint directives found for me to delete.

Thanks again for all your help guys

Nieko
November 9th, 2007, 17:18
Tbone54: in principle, you could merge the two, but it's rather cumbersome. You could take a look at the Perl scripts I wrote (http://stuff.nieko.net/psp/mapthis/geodata/process.zip) to see how geodata works internally.

Rgonzalez79: open the POI files you've put on your PSP with Notepad and then search for "!waypoint".

Rgonzalez79
November 9th, 2007, 17:32
Thanks Nieko.

So if I erase all of the "!waypoint" directives except for the first one, will it still show all of the other destinations as a stop?

What should I use to seperate the directions? a colon ":" or semi-colon ";"

Nieko
November 9th, 2007, 18:18
The thing is, the !waypoint indicates that everything before that line is shown as only a dot (useful e.g. for supermarkets in your area), while everything after it is connected (showing a route).

I don't understand what you mean by "as a stop". Because in the original set of POI files, every file ends with something like "arriving at destination", you will still see that on MapThis, but the line will just continue to the next point.

Anyway, try it out first, and see if that's indeed what you want :).

xzelticx
November 11th, 2007, 09:53
I have a problem of getting the map...
When i click the search button, it doesnt show anything (blank)

Im using gmdl0.5.02a, i have also installed microsoft .net 3...
Im using windows xp, firefox as my browser
and one last thing im using laptop

Tbone54
November 12th, 2007, 02:30
Thanks Neiko,

Ill have a look might just write some java app to do it for me. Depends if i can find an hour in my day .

Thanks

spencermorse
November 17th, 2007, 18:58
hi i just registered for this and i got the gps reseiver and mapthis! 0.5.0 and it works fine, all i want is a map of washington or spokane becuase it comes with north america but its to zoomed out and you cant zoom in any closer , please help

deniska
November 18th, 2007, 04:39
hi i just registered for this and i got the gps reseiver and mapthis! 0.5.0 and it works fine, all i want is a map of washington or spokane becuase it comes with north america but its to zoomed out and you cant zoom in any closer , please help
what is preventing you from getting gmdl program (top post) and generating the map yourself?
in case of any questions, search these forums for tutorials, FAQs, etc..

spencermorse
November 18th, 2007, 08:02
Nevermind i figured it out i forgot to put the little _ thing infront of the word thats why they wernt showing up

lilbart90
November 22nd, 2007, 06:34
can anyone upload a new link? using the first version here and confused.... thanks

in7ane
November 23rd, 2007, 01:26
Global Map Download Tool 0.5.02b
http://www.in7ane.com/psp/gmdl.html

No major updates, rolling it out mainly to be compatible with Map This 0.5.20 icons.

List of changes:

directions_translation.txt replace is now case insensitive thanks to dloading

YUM Assembler fix (, to .)

Custom CSV geodata now handles 3.583.333 as a decimal format (to 3.583333)

Pull and merge non 256x256 tiles (for use in MapCruncher) '''->''' then '''YUM''' then '''Tile Level Pull Merge''': http://www.in7ane.com/psp/posts/TileLevelPullMerge.png note: rendering large (30k x 40k) images takes days in MapCruncher, on a dual 3GHz Xeon with 2GB of RAM, due to scaling

Canadian Toporama no longer asks to set higher spans as MapCruncher (3.1.3) under .NET 3 seems to handle large (within reason) YUM files without problems (may be slow - just wait)

MapCruncher will now render JPEG tiles directly (from YUM Assembler and Canadian Toporama), greatly reducing the amount of space required (note - the JPEG checkbox needs to be checked/not checked throughout)

Ability to stop the downlaod of Google geodata (creates geodata.dat out of what downlaoded)

CSV to geodata.dat - option to supply your own zip codes, in the first column (will add states later)

All (including Tile Level Pull Merge) downloaded tiles are now checked (loaded as a bitmap) - this addresses 404/error pages that did not throw an error before

Google layer version numbers are now set on startup once again (I think something changed somewhere - wasn't really a problem, but fixed now)

New Canadian geodata statcan_rnf_v3 that may fill in some gaps (L and R ranges are now split up) - this is a minor change

Google (semi-auto) geodata with a local cache is in - there will probably be some fixes after somebody tests it (eg. http://www.in7ane.com/psp/posts/ggeo_semiauto.png )

http://new.kosmosnimki.ru is now a source - but not GPS compatible (6m resolution instead of Google's 15 and 25m for parts of Russia eg. http://www.in7ane.com/psp/posts/kosmosnimki_comp.png )

Downloading tiles in random order is now an option (Rnd checkbox under Advanced)

Updates are now fed from http://www.in7ane.com/psp/gmdl.html (which redirects to the latest zip) providing a permanent link

Icons swapped to comply with Map This 0.5.20 changes

deniska
November 23rd, 2007, 05:14
great stuff, in7ane!
I am glad you are still on-board!
I'll probably need some help with geoline data soon.... Basically, i am working on vector data implementation for map This... I'll try to post the proposed specs soon, once I do some tests...

fortune
November 23rd, 2007, 13:06
where can I make download of the mapthis for psp??

deniska
November 23rd, 2007, 14:39
http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=79825
check the root post

fak3
November 23rd, 2007, 15:37
thank you in7ane! i'm now testing the google semi-auto mode for my town :) i'll let you know if it worked

fak3
November 24th, 2007, 13:03
ok done, it works! :D thank you again in7ane

falafelut2k4
November 28th, 2007, 13:59
Can someone edit the first post, cause the links arent working.

New link:

jschwrz
November 29th, 2007, 02:12
I have tried all forms of map-this for my psp. Apparently none of the software versions provided work or even execute on a PSP distributed in the USA. Pandora`s Battery didn`t work, all map-this versions would not execute, even the 3.71 downgrade to 1.5 would not work.I`m considering getting the Maplus from japan, just so i have something to work on my psp, I`m that desperate. Thank you

deniska
November 29th, 2007, 05:55
I have tried all forms of map-this for my psp. Apparently none of the software versions provided work or even execute on a PSP distributed in the USA. Pandora`s Battery didn`t work, all map-this versions would not execute, even the 3.71 downgrade to 1.5 would not work.I`m considering getting the Maplus from japan, just so i have something to work on my psp, I`m that desperate. Thank you
Your problem is obviously not mapthis..
You should figure out how to properly use pandora's battery to install custom firmware.. or pay someone to do it for you... Buying maplus won't do you any good in USA..

kohht
November 29th, 2007, 14:08

add me [email protected]*other viewer can add too ^-^* and i teach you how to use and download. Lols i saw you at another post too xD

kohht
November 29th, 2007, 14:12
deniska~~~

i singapore here and wanted to ask something about it.. but i not sure the web master allow us to download..

can we get the map from www.streetdirectory.com ?

is better then other map but hope can use tis map

thx if you down mind ^^'''

deniska
November 29th, 2007, 15:00
deniska~~~

i singapore here and wanted to ask something about it.. but i not sure the web master allow us to download..

can we get the map from www.streetdirectory.com (http://www.streetdirectory.com) ?

is better then other map but hope can use tis map

thx if you down mind ^^'''

This map is not cut according to google format, so it cannot be incorporated in gmdl easily..
Of course, with some patience, you can generate a map manually.

Just save a bunch of 1500x1500 pixel map chunks which cover the desired area..
Example:
http://www.streetdirectory.com/singapore.cgi?x=28048.583251232&y=29544.55&star=0&level=4&sizex=1500&sizey=1500
(change x & y to "move" the map)
Then use mapCruncher to gps align and cut them in to google tiles..
then use gmd to generate the map..

Search this forum for details on how to do it.. It has been covered a few times already...

mvtt
November 29th, 2007, 21:24
Hi guys. Im having a bit of a problem with GMDL. I have the latest version 0.5.0.2b. To put it short, it simply doesn't download all the squares. It seams like GMDL is getting disconnected from google ? Its fine until about 350 squares (target is 5460 since im trying to get the whole city [ Krakow, Poland]). When i go to the "preview" tab, it only shows the middle square, the corner ones are gone (little red crosses).

Any suggestions on what to do ? Is GMDL somehow connected to the defaul browser on my computer ? (it has to view the map somehow? )

Thx for any help.

deniska
November 29th, 2007, 22:04
Hi guys. Im having a bit of a problem with GMDL. I have the latest version 0.5.0.2b. To put it short, it simply doesn't download all the squares. It seams like GMDL is getting disconnected from google ? Its fine until about 350 squares (target is 5460 since im trying to get the whole city [ Krakow, Poland]). When i go to the "preview" tab, it only shows the middle square, the corner ones are gone (little red crosses).

Any suggestions on what to do ? Is GMDL somehow connected to the defaul browser on my computer ? (it has to view the map somehow? )

Thx for any help.
It sounds like you are trying to download satellite imagery, on which Google set a very small quota.. (although it used to be much bigger than 350 tiles) I guess, you can just wait a few hours and continue download (you don't have to start from scratch)

mvtt
November 29th, 2007, 22:31
No, I'm downloading a map view from Google. I dug up an older version of GMDL (0.4.15b) and surprisingly it works almost perfect right off the bat. The only issue is, that It doesn't seam to want to cooperate when previewing the map for download. It doesn't 'select' exactly what is in the browser view port. I'll try and figure something out. Thx

NoTimeThanks
December 1st, 2007, 03:00
im getting these wsird maps instead of the white google maps with yellow lines. I have google maps button filled in. and i can't zoom in close with these maps. heres a screenshot. http://i234.photobucket.com/albums/ee59/NoTimeThanks/untitled.jpg

in7ane
December 1st, 2007, 05:16
mvtt, click Preview 1x to see the area that will be downloaded (it jumps 256 pixels, 1 tile, at a time).

NoTimeThanks, that looks like a local.live.com map, try starting up GMDL again and not changing the map source, if that's still there, right click on the map (in preview 1x or 2x), choose properties - then post the URL here.

NoTimeThanks
December 1st, 2007, 05:39
Here's the URL and thanks for the help.

http://mt0.google.com/mt?n=404&v=w2p.62&x=2373&y=3059&zoom=4

in7ane
December 1st, 2007, 18:56
NoTimeThanks, Google introduced a terrain layer which GMDL is picking up (by mistake), thanks for noticing this.

To get around this until I fix it: change w2p.62 to w2.62 in the text box next to the Google Maps radio button (and similarly just remove the p whenever the w2.62 version changes)

in7ane
December 2nd, 2007, 05:39
gmdl 0.5.03b

(fixes the Google terrain layer getting selected and a geodata bug)

City names in geodata are now no longer padded with spaces
Google Terrain added as a source (fixes the problem with the terrain layer becoming the default)
A problem with the GPSFS viewer fixed (would crash on loading under certain conditions)

deniska
December 2nd, 2007, 07:24
nice one, in7ane!
Did you make any progress with geoline data, according to the newly proposed format? I am having some problems with the tiger line data. Basically, they dont make much of distinction between "root" streets and all others. This leads to pretty dull maps, displayed on zoom outs:
Consider the to examples below (one has too much line data, other one has very little useful navigation info)
http://tiger.census.gov/cgi-bin/mapper/map.gif?lat=40.6222076&lon=-73.9651566&wid=0.200&ht=0.200&iht=359&iwd=422&&mlat=40.622493&mlon=-73.965007&msym=redpin&mlabel=11230__Brooklyn_
http://tiger.census.gov/cgi-bin/mapper/map.gif?lat=40.6216545&lon=-73.9651871&wid=0.100&ht=0.100&iht=359&iwd=422&&&mlat=40.622493&mlon=-73.965007&msym=redpin&mlabel=11230__Brooklyn_

It would be nice if we could somehow figure out the root streets and mark them accordingly.
One way of doing so is analysing color dat of google map (see what streets are yellow) and then do reverse geocoding to get the street name for a given yellow line coordinate...
This is just a thought.. let me know what you think about it...

Nieko
December 2nd, 2007, 09:16
If Tiger can display only root streets in the first picture, then they must know the distinction. Perhaps you could contact them to ask how it works.

NoTimeThanks
December 2nd, 2007, 19:21
Thanks for the speedy fix in7ane and I'm glad i could help iron out the kinks.

deniska
December 2nd, 2007, 19:47
If Tiger can display only root streets in the first picture, then they must know the distinction. Perhaps you could contact them to ask how it works.
Those are not the root streets - those are highways..
Note all those streets in light yellow on the google map for the same area: http://maps.google.com/maps?ie=UTF8&ll=40.625419,-73.966312&spn=0.05902,0.160675&z=13&om=0
for example, there is nothing in tiger data to distinguish those streets from the "regular" streets..
Looking at the street extention (Pky, Blvd, etc) in order to "upgrade" some streets helps a bit.. but not much...

So, I think the best solution is cross checking against googe map colors:
1) Find the center coordinates of the line in question (every line in the set, actually)
2)FInd the corresponding pixel on google map tile and check the color, to deside on whether to upgrade the street status from 41 to,say 39..

in7ane
December 4th, 2007, 04:33
deniska, I would prefer not to mix in Google data into the TIGER dataset as the derivative work issue is not very clear in this case (for example OSM is very concerned about it, it seems: bottom of http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/index.php/JOSM/Plugins/WMSPlugin however their reasoning seems to rely on the TOS being enforceable in their jurisdiction) (for me it comes down to not being able to host the resulting files). But potentially I'm biased since roads are better graded in the Canadian data so it's not really an issue there.

As for the technical side of making the upgrading segments work - that could be something the user runs (it would extract the vector file, download the area, at zoom 3 say, do the comparisons and write a new vector file).

I haven't got any code that generates anything out of the Canadian data yet - will be free(er) after the 17th so will start then properly.

deniska
December 4th, 2007, 06:06
in7ane, currently I am more concerned with implementation of this thing on psp side.. I guess we can start worrying about the quality of data after I have a stable vector map engine up and running...
In any case, I think, we should be pretty safe with "provide the tools, not the data" model..
We'll see how it goes...
I'll try to do more coding after 17th too.. once I get back from my ski trip to Snowbird, Utah...

terebi
December 10th, 2007, 11:42
"something not quite right with this page, change to map view"

I get that when trying to dl australian google map, works fine with MSN. What am I doing wrong?

wredniacz
December 10th, 2007, 18:16
"something not quite right with this page, change to map view"

i have the same from this morning .. can't download maps from google. they don't like gmdl?:(

in7ane
December 11th, 2007, 21:19
gmdl0.5.04b

Fixes getting x/y from google, something also seems to have broken with user-agent and webclient (in a recent windows/ie update I think), that's fixed as well - but let me know if anyone still has any problems.

KOBE37
December 29th, 2007, 09:29
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I find a map of Israel for PSP GPS
Thanks

CLAUDIOGPS
January 5th, 2008, 17:25
In7ane,
1- is possible to show pois on one of two your beautiful software "_util" or GMDL sez. "View"?
Now is impossible, bat with some change.... Wold be very useful.
2- In GMDL section "advanced-> custom map", is possible to make maps from pictures files with a limitation to the greatness of the map. Is possible in future can do larger maps with "base zoom=0" ?.

Regards.

abdi780
January 6th, 2008, 04:19
i need help downloading the new version map this.. my psp doesnt allow me to see 3d, night mode and etc

neoblasted
January 18th, 2008, 01:35
Hi Guys,

I dont know if it happens to you, but when downloading Maps from google maps sattelite, google block your ip's, I just find out a trick to unblOck you right away. Just go to GOOGLE LANGUAGE TOOL. http://www.google.ca/language_tools?hl=en

it will say that you might have a virus. It will ask you to enter some caracter to verify that you are a human. just enter the caracter and you are now unblocked. But this trick work only once.

CLAUDIOGPS
January 18th, 2008, 19:04
I have the same problem, but I use another way to unlock the connection: in "network connection" i disconnect the connection and then i reconnect again.
It takes few second, but i have to do this every 10 minutes. For a large map (60mb) in any case i have to do this two or three times.
I believed that all knew this, if someone knows better something, I would be happy to know it.

Regards.

Tbone54
January 19th, 2008, 02:26
Ahh,

I have been downloading a Map of the US for the last week, and my computer died today. Power failure.

Is there anyway to resume the download of the map?

Or do I have to start it up again from the begining?

Thanks

philiphili
January 19th, 2008, 13:14
Nope, everything is lost. You have to download it again. Sorry.

CLAUDIOGPS
January 19th, 2008, 17:52
Tbone54, I don't understand very well, because you say that last week you have download the map. Today your computer is died, bat in your hard disk there is the complete map or not? (are you finished the download last week?), because if you have finished the download you can mount your hard drive in another pc and all is ok (if the hard drive is in good health).
If only the power unit is died and the motherboard is ok, you can easily replace the power unit and all is ok.
If you do not had finished the download, is another problem and you have to restart again as say Philiphili.

Good luck:)

Tbone54
January 19th, 2008, 23:54
Nah multiple maps.

got the last one for toronto... but just trying to get the 2nd one.

And yeah power went out in my house.. so yeah.

Yeah im a little bit surpized theres no resume feature. but ohh well.

Thanks for the replies guys.

kohht
January 29th, 2008, 16:06
i think a better way if you guy can help ,thouse who had download the map, try to upload for other user need to use. i hope tis may help too. try tis while waiting for another patch comeing up for resume fix.

haizad
January 30th, 2008, 10:11
Hi all, I was wondering if there are any apps like the GMDL for the mac? I've just replaced my pc with a mac and am trying to make some new maps. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

CLAUDIOGPS
January 30th, 2008, 15:58
Haizad, who leaves the old road for the new, know what it loses but not know what will find.

Regards.

in7ane
February 1st, 2008, 21:29
I put in some basic resume functionality in http://www.in7ane.com/psp/gmdl0.5.05a.zip now resume.txt is created in the map directory and stores: source, zoom, x, y, min_zoom, force_jpeg (create a map and read resume.txt for instructions).

in7ane
February 1st, 2008, 21:33
haizad: no mac version of gmdl yet, and it does not look like I will get around to porting it in the near future, so the best bet is to set it up under Boot Camp or virtualization (VMware or Parallels)

itaibe
February 4th, 2008, 11:47
does someone has the israel map ?
i try to d/l with gmdl but the maps there are not very detailed.
i want also the streets and not just the city names.

i got the russian from the http://www.in7ane.com/
but i want one in english. (i don't know russian )

Nieko
February 4th, 2008, 12:23
You can try other sources that GMDL offers, or find a source that in7ane could build into GMDL.

BTW, please don't double post.

kohht
February 4th, 2008, 17:33
i just updated the mapthis Photo*not codeing* Hope you guy like it.

Don't scold me pls..TT
i still a kid..

panoshl
February 4th, 2008, 19:12
when i am downloading a satellite google map in 3 minutes google block my ip. is any way to fix it?

Tbone54
February 4th, 2008, 22:26
I put in some basic resume functionality in http://www.in7ane.com/psp/gmdl0.5.05a.zip now resume.txt is created in the map directory and stores: source, zoom, x, y, min_zoom, force_jpeg (create a map and read resume.txt for instructions).

Awesome, thanks for that.

Great work by the way in7ane.

Thanks

itaibe
February 5th, 2008, 07:37
i try all the other sources , and still there is no suitable map that include street names

Nieko
February 5th, 2008, 11:24
Then you may very well just be out of luck...

itaibe
February 5th, 2008, 12:45
deniska ,
does there is some way to use GMDL with the maps in this site : http://www.freemap.co.il/index.html
thank you
itai

deniska
February 5th, 2008, 17:03
deniska ,
does there is some way to use GMDL with the maps in this site : http://www.freemap.co.il/index.html
thank you
itai

It's hard to navigate the site without knowing the language... If you can find something close to google maps interface - then perhaps we'll be able to generate maps from it..

ganisgr
February 7th, 2008, 11:11
deniska, is it possible to generate maps from mapquest?
I put in the GMDL interface the site with the map but when i try to download the map,it says: Something not quite right with this page,change to map view.

Leighm0
February 8th, 2008, 07:37
Hey guys, firstly, awesome tools.. love mapthis! and the map generator by in7ane is great too...

Now down to my problem(s)....

GMDL Problem v0.5.04b:
I have managed to find some GEODATA for Australia and I have made a Custom CSV file with the following:
LONG,LAT,CITY,City (Description)
Theres about 65,500 records or more.

I goto GMDL and click on GeoData button, then I click Custom (CSV) and click SET FILE and choose my custom made CSV file, I untick has header row (because it doesn't), and it is delminited by , not ; so I do not tick that.. then I click Process File. At this stage it says Starting Split on the right hand side, and goes through the 65,000 rows (shown in the box next to Process File), after that is done, it now says Starting Sort and processes the 53279 files, then it says Starting geodata, then after a while I get an error msg box show up that says "Microsoft .NET Framework" Unhandled exception has occured in your application. Continue or Quit etc... I click Continue and it just goes back to the custom page, no more processing.. I go into the directory it made called "filename.csv_geodata" and theres the file entries and then a bunch of files.new, and if i scroll down the .new ones is only 20,000 of them... so it seems it has a limit...

How can I fix this?

Also, a quick question about MapThis!, on many other GPS software (i.e. TomTom) you can type in an address and it will "Navigate" you to the destination, can MapThis! do this, is this the function that is enabled via GEODATA?

Thanks guys, Great work. :)

Nieko
February 8th, 2008, 11:04
Geodata will only allow Map This! to show where a particular street is, not how to get there. You'll need GMDL or http://getroute.nieko.net/ to download POI routes first.

itaibe
February 10th, 2008, 14:43
deniaksa, i have an israel detailied map in fbl format , do you support such format ?
this 2 siteד is quite similiar to google map interface :
http://www3.emap.co.il/eng_index.asp
http://www.ymap.co.il/

can you get them to work with gmdl ?
thank you

AdamRav
February 10th, 2008, 15:43
google keeps blocking my ip

any ways to stop this???

i've even turned on the delay feature which downloads 1 tile every 2.5 seconds

AdamRav
February 10th, 2008, 16:14
Just come up with a thought

if i was to use Microsofts maps to download

i shouldnt get a ip block im gussing

let me try it out

EDIT: Downloaded over 2700 tiles and no ip block so far

got another 80,000 tiles to download lol

EDIT 2: Downloaded over 11,000 tiles and no ip block

so far so good

EDIT 3: Downloaded over 20,000 tiles

Still going strong

EDIT 4: Downloaded over 35,000 tiles now

AdamRav
February 10th, 2008, 17:03
If this goes according to plan

then i should have maps for the middle of england

i'll share with people who need em

troy1229
February 10th, 2008, 21:20
is there any GEODATA for Ireland??

Codaz
February 11th, 2008, 20:35
Yes there is.

www.openstreetmap.org

Nieko can help extract it from the planet.osm file.

He made some scripts for it.

see here :

http://stuff.nieko.net/psp/mapthis/geodata/

in7ane
February 12th, 2008, 05:30
Leighm0, if you are specifying lon,lat,name,city make sure the number of cities is manageable (that is the 20k limit, but in reality it should be much less), alternatively just specify lon,lat,name and it will break it down by area itself.

ganisgr, mapquest.com has a different projection than google, so it won't work

itaibe, freemap.co.il is the most promising (although not compatible as is - see below), since it seems to be GPL'd. Does it look like it is possible to download the source map file and the tile renderer (I can't read Hebrew so can't tell)? If so, it should be possible to render a set of google compatible tiles, or better yet dump their data into openstreetmap.org (if the data is indeed GPL'd).

http://www.freemap.co.il/map/

is not google projection compatible
it is WMS, but has only pre-rendered tiles:
An error occurred: Current x value 34.156250 is too far from tile corner x 33.750000

http://www.ymap.co.il/

has 400x280 tiles

http://www3.emap.co.il/eng_index.asp

renders the map on request

FBL is a vector map format, and there does not seem to be any way to convert/export it.

dazzerg
February 12th, 2008, 23:54
geo data for australia anyone can help me i would really apreciate it and how geodata works thanks