PDA

View Full Version : Few questions from a kinda newb

maxxdoutek9
August 22nd, 2006, 06:17
I have been dabbling in PSP for a few months now (march 06) and finding the emus and finally getting to play my coveted mortal kombat 2 was such a reviving feeling.

No i wanna get more technical. What I want to know about is the firmware and the custom firmware stuff. first off,

what exactly are the benefits of a custom firmware? I allread have wab changer and it works for me.

and what about devhook? what exactly does that do? I downloaded and installed it but when i run it it says somehting like cant run/open devhook.

thanks for the help and thanks for making the PSP a more enjoyable platform.

Video_freak
August 22nd, 2006, 06:18
For Devhook, you can email me at [email protected]. I'll send you the firmware dumps. ;)

Rogu
August 22nd, 2006, 09:40
http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/374049

That's a guide on DevHook it has all you need to know! =)

M!ckeY
August 22nd, 2006, 10:18
the custom firmware is great, it hides corrupted icons and it also lets you execute 1.0 eboots. If you use Harleyg's Custom Firmware you will get a few nice feature , like launching DevHook at start up by having the wifi switch down. Also you can also launch a pre-defined homebrew at start up by pressing the X botton. :)

maxxdoutek9
August 22nd, 2006, 10:55
EXCELLENT!!!!! This is exactly what i was looking for.

thanks for all your help guys.

M!ckeY
August 22nd, 2006, 10:57
no problem :), you need anything else don't hesitate to ask

maxxdoutek9
August 23rd, 2006, 02:07
ok i installed dev and i downloaded my first iso. first of all i hope this talk is allowed if not please lt me know an di will edit it. but ok, i can run the iso so thats kool. now what else can i do with dev?

does dev have an IR control so i can transfer things via infra red or something or do i still have to install IRshell.

thanks again for the help.

tallica
August 23rd, 2006, 04:43
No you can only emulate fw above 1.5. iso talk is not allowed. i highly recommend custom fw and will be making a guide on it today or tomorrow, so check the guide forum.

M!ckeY
August 23rd, 2006, 07:17
yeah, like tallica said, Devhook is mainly used for emulating higher firmwares on a psp therefore allowing you to play UMD games that require a firmware update :)