PDA

View Full Version : stream video to psp from OSX ?

Slof
August 22nd, 2006, 08:52
I've tried PMPStreamer for Windows to stream video from my PC to my PSP and it worked great but now i want to try to stream video from my Macbook to the PSP but cannot get it to work. I tried VLC on the Mac to stream but PMPstreamer on the PSP does not pick up the video. There seems to be a connection between my Macbook and PSP because the wifi-led flickers when i start a video and it stops flickering when i stop the video on the Macbook. How to get this working?

b8a
August 22nd, 2006, 10:47
I still have no desire to view videos on my PSP, so I still haven't tried it out, but have you given iRshell with nethostfs (http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=27937) a go? iRshell allows you to access your hard disk files as though they were on the memory stick, and can launch homebrew from within it so that they can also access those files. Should work?

Slof
August 22nd, 2006, 12:34
I don't want to save all my movies on my memorystick because i do not have that much free space on it. + i don't want to encode all my xvid/divx movies to a format that the PSP supports. Seeing the ease of use of Pimpstreamer on the PC i was hoping to find a solution for OSX too. VLC can stream to my wireless network, i just need something on my PSP to receive the stream that VLC creates.

b8a
August 23rd, 2006, 10:10
If you actually read my post, then you'd know I wasn't even talking about transfering your videos to the memory stick, or even changing their encoding.

But, I did get PiMP Streamer confused with another app, so my appologies there. I could've sworn that there was another homebrew app that was capable of reading xvid's, but I can't find what I was thinking of.

Just to clarify the point I was making in my original post though, if an app can read files from the memory stick, then you can use nethostfs to read those files directly from your hard disk. Meaning that worrying about reading a VLC stream would be a moot point.

Slof
August 25th, 2006, 09:18
Thanks for the reply and i will try iRShell 2.0 for now. But the only problem is that i need to encode my movies to fit the PSP's resolution.

Slof
September 11th, 2006, 15:01
Sorry but i cannot find a nethostfs application for OSX. Still no streaming video from OSX to PSP