PDA

View Full Version : Is The HomeBrew Scene Getting Better Or Worse

splodger15
August 22nd, 2006, 15:14
Is The HomeBrew Scene Getting Better Or Worse after booster was in trouble about devhook it started to go down but as this new exploit for TA-082 owners to downgrade soon it seems to be on the rise what would you say

tuta
August 22nd, 2006, 15:20
Erm since I started havin a psp the scene to me is always gettin better it only gets worse in the eyes of sony:rolleyes:

splodger15
August 22nd, 2006, 15:24
Erm since I started havin a psp the scene to me is always gettin better it only gets worse in the eyes of sony:rolleyes:

suppose

Baboon
August 22nd, 2006, 15:24
We keep getting new apps, games and emulators.. so for me it just keeps getting better and better! :)

My 1.5 is one mean mutha!

splodger15
August 22nd, 2006, 15:26
will devhook ever be released again

Baboon
August 22nd, 2006, 15:30
Yep I reckon. Devhook will carry on and on... I very much doubt Sony will win the war! :D

Anyway, the current Devhook does a top job in playing every game/umd thats come out so far.

tuta
August 22nd, 2006, 15:30
I do hope it keeps goin maybe not in the mean time but maybe when fw 3.0 comes but is it neccessary to have a newer devhook if all we need is just a firmware dump?(just wonderin correct me if im wrong)

splodger15
August 22nd, 2006, 15:38
Yep I reckon. Devhook will carry on and on... I very much doubt Sony will win the war! :D

Anyway, the current Devhook does a top job in playing every game/umd thats come out so far.

yes i hope so

Unlimitedv2
August 22nd, 2006, 18:08
Worse? How could it be getting worse...

Video_freak
August 22nd, 2006, 18:36
It's getting better and better everyday! :D

splodger15
August 22nd, 2006, 18:57
It's getting better and better everyday! :D

yeh

NoQuarter
August 22nd, 2006, 19:02
Especially with the possibilty of the ta-082 downgrade!:)

M!ckeY
August 22nd, 2006, 19:05
yeah, the homebrew scene has been great these past few days :)

NoQuarter
August 22nd, 2006, 19:11
hopefully we'll see a way to just launch eboots from the game folder like on 1.5 from all firmware,maybe a patch would be possible.

The developments in gba emulation and n64 emulation are great too,it also seems like a lot of our coders programs are really maturing(all homebrew in general)

Really the scene is moving foward nicely:)

slik da relic
August 24th, 2006, 01:18
why would someone think its getting worse? we got a new gba, and better N64, and even Sony has a PSOne emu goin... not to mention everything that plays already. who knows, u might wake up 2morrow and see all the coders have banned together to make SegaCD and 32X work...lol... imagine that.

da relic

donne
August 24th, 2006, 01:48
It's getting better of course..

However, if I might say.. I don't like that recent 'discussions' on the news forum with those PSPUpdate guys. Felt like the scene was torn in two..

I just recently into PSP and don't know the wuzz-what of background story, so forgive ma saying. But aren't 'we' supposed to be together in this 'war' right ?

Lodis
August 24th, 2006, 02:01
Homwbrew has got better and has accomplished things I thought near impossible. Just when I think it can't get any better I see a full speed GBA emulator released, custom firmware, N64 and something else I thought I would never see which is CPS2!!

Homwbrew is definately getting better and the more knowledge about the inner workings of the Psp that is discovered the better. I don't think people realise just how important the Modchip is in terms of homebrew development because Devs can fearlessly try out code without worrying about bricking, eventually leading to more breakthroughs in homebrew, emulation, exploits etc.

jwilds73
August 24th, 2006, 02:21
Lets see we got a fast GBA Emu and a new TA-082 downgrader on the way and so much more. I definitely think coders are running scared. :p I think the PSP scene has great momentum and it's going strong. We might have development lulls and spurts but it's still a very strong and exciting scene.

M!ckeY
August 24th, 2006, 03:58
the homebrew scene most likely got better as i was typing this :)
for homebrew users these past few days have been heaven

kando
August 24th, 2006, 04:03
Homwbrew has got better and has accomplished things I thought near impossible. Just when I think it can't get any better I see a full speed GBA emulator released, custom firmware, N64 and something else I thought I would never see which is CPS2!!

Homwbrew is definately getting better and the more knowledge about the inner workings of the Psp that is discovered the better. I don't think people realise just how important the Modchip is in terms of homebrew development because Devs can fearlessly try out code without worrying about bricking, eventually leading to more breakthroughs in homebrew, emulation, exploits etc.

couldnt have said it better myself. i got my psp in april, found about homebrew 2 weeks after i upgraded to 2.71, and was so amazed, i immediatly sold my psp to get a 2.60 and immediatly got a GTA LCS unpatched and was jawdropped with what i could do!

and since then, things have only gotten better....updates, new programs, mods, and things just seem to come out out of NOWHERE, like the gba emulator, and some of those neoflash compition entries....and now with the psp3d.com contest! we should be seeing even more!

homebrew is striking victory after victory....libtiff and ta-082 2.50 softdown...i expected them...but i didnt expect them now lmao. any minute now, any day now, both should be out, and we can be jawdropped with the next win via homebrew...

M!ckeY
August 24th, 2006, 04:06
hey kando, are you still running your psp on 2.60?

kando
August 24th, 2006, 04:11
hey kando, are you still running your psp on 2.60?

my analog stick busted (DO NOT GET ANY LARGE REPLACEMENT ANALOG STICKS AKA ANALOG STICK SHIELD)...and sold it on ebay....i still have it in my possession but it constantly things the analog stick is pointing down :(

getting 1.52 tomorrow, going to upgrade to 2.0 and downgrade to 1.50 and be in heaven ^_^

M!ckeY
August 24th, 2006, 04:12
oh, cool
heaven awaits you :D

kando
August 24th, 2006, 04:15
oh, cool
heaven awaits you :D

i let them know i expect 2 bottles of smirnoff at the pearly gates :D :cool: :D

M!ckeY
August 24th, 2006, 04:17
would you also like a red carpet....-sarcasm- :D

Video_freak
August 24th, 2006, 04:17
LMAO kando. Welcome.... :)

Wally
August 24th, 2006, 04:51
I would say Both better and worse

Better: More homebrew and dedicated programmers, also taking advantage of the PSPs IR port with IRshell etc. The games are more exciting than most released on UMD (PSmonkeys lot (with a possible first for 64DD emulation support ever), Daedalus, R-Gear, all other really cool programs that take advantage of all the PSP stuff where as sony dont care. I could live off homebrew! I also love explaining to people that i have a huge collection of games on that tiny memory stick :) (Although its 2GB)

Worse: Many people dont have time and patience with newbies who keep pestering us all the time. Sony keep pulling new tricks out of their sleeves and then attempting to kill the scene which they never succeed in due to recent downgraders and new holes in firmware. But we can live.

For all those newbies stay calm, in control and visit www.hackingpsp.com, order the book READ before asking us 1000 questions!!

M!ckeY
August 24th, 2006, 07:59
there's a book on the homebrew scene..wow, i would buy it, but i know most of the stuff anyways :)

Gizmo356
August 24th, 2006, 08:08
lmao a book on homebrew

M!ckeY
August 24th, 2006, 08:14
some people could find the book very usefull :D

razorak
August 24th, 2006, 08:16
i wouldn't buy that book in a million years

anyway the homebrew scene is definitely getting better especially since i'm a ta-082 user myself though it's a factory 2.6 BUT since 2.5 has been sucessfully downgrade via software, it's only a matter of time for 2.6s...i hope :D

M!ckeY
August 24th, 2006, 08:22
yeah, that is great news for the ta082 people, soon they will experience the might of 1.5 :)