PDA

View Full Version : Confirmed libtiff PSP Exploit

splodger15
August 22nd, 2006, 18:26
Confirmed libtiff PSP Exploit

I just spotted this in our PSP Hacks forums… Skylark and psp250, along with a dedicated team of developers & hackers, have been researching the possibility of using the same exploitable libtiff vulnerability initially discovered by NOPx86. This may potentially result in a GTA-less method to execute homebrew on 2.01 or higher, or conceivably open up the homebrew gates for 2.71/2.80; however, that’s yet to be confirmed. Nonetheless, with all the latest developments surrounding 2.0+ FW and TA-082, there’s a good possibility something will become available rather sooner than later - big things are brewin’, you feel it?!

The Fanjita Facts:

Alright, time for a brief update with the facts so far.

This exploit is definitely genuine, and usable.

It’s unclear exactly which firmwares it will be usable on, but so far 2.0 and 2.01 should definitely work. 2.5 and above are significantly harder to research. 2.7+ will take longer still. The signs are that it may go up as far as 2.8, but that’s not proven.

Just to put things into perspective, a combined team has spent at least 60 intensive hours working on researching this so far, and we’re at the point of being able to confirm that it will work.

It will take longer still to convert it into something that is actually in a demonstrable form, such as Hello World.

Credit so far goes to NOPx86 for discovering the vulnerability and proof of concept on the PC, and Skylark and psp250 for researching it on the PSP. I’ve helped a bit too, but those guys have done the bulk of the work.

The EX
August 22nd, 2006, 18:27
We know this.....

Video_freak
August 22nd, 2006, 18:29
We know this.....
Still awesome though! :D

The EX
August 22nd, 2006, 18:30
Still awesome though! :D
Damn right!

Malksta
August 22nd, 2006, 19:10
Malk's want homebrew on 2.70+ So he please's his brother's PSP Wishes xD

kando
August 22nd, 2006, 21:43
hehe i posted already, but at least im not the only one excited =)

of course im sad that my 2.6 ta-082 is now defective, when it was so close to being saved....so im just buying a 1.52 from successHK=)

but STILL! WOO!

Video_freak
August 22nd, 2006, 22:50
To kando: I bought my 1.52 on Success HK and it was at my door 2 days later. Here's a thread I started:
http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=32283

kando
August 22nd, 2006, 22:57
To kando: I bought my 1.52 on Success HK and it was at my door 2 days later. Here's a thread I started:
http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=32283

niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice!!!!!!!!!!!

Video_freak
August 22nd, 2006, 23:00
:D Make sure you buy before they run out though!

kando
August 22nd, 2006, 23:01
:D Make sure you buy before they run out though!

bought last nite actually ^_^