PDA

View Full Version : Does Eidos want to make Deus Ex 4?

wraggster
October 2nd, 2010, 11:32
Despite working on upcoming action role-playing game Deus Ex: Human Revolution for an eye-watering four years, developer Eidos Montreal loves the franchise and would like a crack at creating Deus Ex 4.

Art director Jonathan Jacques-Belletete, who has been with Eidos Montreal and Human Revolution from the beginning, told Eurogamer in a new interview published to coincide with his Eurogamer Expo 2010 developer session this afternoon that it "would be cool" to continue with Deus Ex after Human Revolution is released early next year.

"I can't answer that precisely, but big stuff," said Jacques-Belletete when asked what's next for Eidos Montreal.

"We've already started talking about all that. They're going to shoot me if I say anything! We're busy, man!"

But, "yeah, absolutely," Jacques-Belletete replied when asked whether the developer would like to make another Deus Ex game.

"I remember when we first started, I read an article where Warren Spector [creator of the original Deus Ex] remembered the fact he knew the third one was started by other people, and he said, you know, I can't wait to see what they're going to do because this universe and those characters, I've lived with them for such a big part of my life.

"I didn't really understand what he meant. Emotionally I didn't really know. Now I've just spent almost four years with that world we created and those characters we created, that we've lived with every day of our lives, I know exactly what it means.

"It would be cool to work with them again."

PC, PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 game Human Revolution is a science fiction adventure that takes its art style cues from films like Blade Runner and Ghost in the Shell.

It is, of course, the follow-up to cult classic Deus Ex, created by Epic Mickey main man Warren Spector.

Tom went hands-on in August. Wait... What's that? Deus Ex: Human Revolution is at Eurogamer Expo 2010? Boom!