PDA

View Full Version : Single cart multiplayer on Supercard Lite

andysjones
August 22nd, 2006, 23:11
I have a Supercard Lite, Max Media Launcer, and a micro SD card. I can play roms with my friend who has the same equip as me, but my other friend cant join in on single cart play. It finds the game, starts downloading, then it freezes at the Nintendo screen.

Does anyone know why this might be?

Thank you for help in advance, and sorry if its been answered recently.

havoc_012
August 23rd, 2006, 04:37
It has to do with the games being patched by the by the game manager. Normal DS's can only read encrypted games. Games that are patched for flash carts are unencrypted. If you use a flashme/passme device on your friend's DS you should be able to use single cart multiplayer.

andysjones
August 23rd, 2006, 14:44
Thanks for your reply.

So there isnt a way of me using backed up games with any other DS? Is there anything I can use so the flash cards can read the .nds files?

Sorry for being a noob, but which is the passme/flashme thing? Is it the Max Media Player? Because I tried putting that in the other DS, but it doesnt give the menu where you can search for other games.

Thanks

Davos
August 25th, 2006, 02:00
Thanks for your reply.

So there isnt a way of me using backed up games with any other DS? Is there anything I can use so the flash cards can read the .nds files?

Sorry for being a noob, but which is the passme/flashme thing? Is it the Max Media Player? Because I tried putting that in the other DS, but it doesnt give the menu where you can search for other games.

Thanks

You can use backed up games with multi-card play and Wifi (I think), but not for single cart play without passme on the other one. The Passme is the thing that goes in the DS slot. I don't know anything about Max Media, so it's the DS slot thing. :) Your friend would need his own Passme or have his DS flashed via Flashme to play single-cart mode with you.

andysjones
August 25th, 2006, 11:14
Thanks for clearing it up both of you :)