PDA

View Full Version : PSP region-lock rumours cleared up !

wraggster
December 17th, 2004, 11:36
Never before has a little figure caused so much excitement. It may even be the most controversial number two since Robbie Savage was fined £10,000 for using the ref's toilet at Filbert Street. But this particular digit belongs on the bottom of the Japanese version of Ridge Racer and it seems to have rattled the entire internet.[br][br]The reason for the flurry of electronically-driven chatter has been the appearance of tiny Region 2 badges on Japanese-bought PSPs and the various launch games. And with many forum folk putting two and two together, they started to worry that, just as with DVD movies, the Japanese titles and the machines wouldn't work over here. [br][br]But the ever-watchful Sony have stepped in to once again clear up the confusion and pour soothing oil on the trouble waters. They point out that PSP is region-free so long as you are gaming but is not region-free for watching films or listening to tunes. So that means you will need to check the logos on the box if you are planning to play movies and music from another part of the globe on your PSP. Got it?

rossfuz
February 22nd, 2005, 08:41
almost got it.one more question,i have the asian psp but i live in the usa.can i put american mp3s on the memory card and listen to them?

rossfuz
February 22nd, 2005, 08:42
how about american movies on the asian psp throught the memory card?

milfzor
February 22nd, 2005, 09:08
well, since neither mp3's nor divx files (im not sure if thats what is PRESENTLY available as far as movies on psp are concerned, but if there is a divx player or if there ever is one developed for it) are region encoded THOSE should work, i think whats being spoken of, is the propritary types of media that will be coming out for the psp...such as the final fantasy advent childeren movie...that will only work in whatever region the psp was made for.........but if its divx and mp3 that the psp plays, those outtta work fine no matter where they were made, or what region the original disc was made for.....