PDA

View Full Version : nester ds problem

BlueStar
August 23rd, 2006, 01:35
hey,

i'm having trouble with nesterds's rom inserter. whenever i try to insert an nes rom, it says "failed to open NesterGBA rom file." can someone please tell me what is going on? (if it matters, i'm not inserting a nesterds rom, but an nes one)

BlueStar

metroplex2k7
August 23rd, 2006, 12:48
You have to put the Nester.gba file on the top slot, and an nes rom in the bottom slot. then you should get "romname.nds".

BlueStar
August 23rd, 2006, 20:35
it says the rom name, but it only saves it as a "file" with no extension. if i add the .nds to the end, it comes out all distorted on the bottom screen and nothing on the top screen. (white) is it just that i'm using max media player? or am i doing it wrong?

The Hombrew Hunter
August 23rd, 2006, 21:29
What games do you want?

I have a BUUUNCH. I can upload them.

All in working format, too.

Try 'is for me, okay?

Delete them if you don't own the original carts.

Also, I know why you might have did it wrong. You might have been using the nds.GBA file, which doesn't run on dock/player.

BlueStar
August 24th, 2006, 02:20
no, that wasnt the problem. i used the NDS file.

...hmm... i'm playing the game u just gave me and it works perfectly! except for one really odd thing... there is a little white line going across the screen every other pixel (the line goes horizontally). so the screen has all these white lines making text unreadable, but the gameplay itself is perfect! ...i wonder what the problem is...

The Hombrew Hunter
August 24th, 2006, 04:43
Try to unscale the screen, the top screen has instructions.

metroplex2k7
August 24th, 2006, 12:49
Hit the A,B,X,Y buttons simultaneously a couple times, the screens will switch, then it should clear up.

The Hombrew Hunter
August 24th, 2006, 14:02
I'll get the exact commands from an NDS emu. One sec.

Hold X and press B to swap the screen to the top, and hold X and press A to make it clear.

Enjhoy.

Any other games you want?

BlueStar
August 24th, 2006, 17:48
thanks for the help! i just figured out how to do it! (lol im dumb)

but why does the rom inserter keep randomly exiting itself?

The Hombrew Hunter
August 24th, 2006, 19:46
I'unno.

hakufusonsaku
February 19th, 2007, 02:04
i tryed that, it says the rom is to big?