PDA

View Full Version : When and if The PSone Emu comes out...

FrierTuck
August 23rd, 2006, 02:33
will people be able to use homebrew ps1 files. If So they could have homebrew emus and stuff running through the ps emulator, and sony would be all like "GASP OUR EVIL PLANS HAVE BEEN FOILED AGAIN!"

andrew24
August 23rd, 2006, 02:40
no one knows
________
one vaporizer reviews (http://vaporizer.org/reviews/vapir-air-one/)

FrierTuck
August 23rd, 2006, 02:44
its nice to dream

pkmaximum
August 23rd, 2006, 04:22
Well supposely one that PSmonkey and Sniper know about is coming out September 1st so I guess we can wait till then =S

Man
August 23rd, 2006, 04:22
OOOH, probably not sony's evil capitalistic plans are not to better the long term gamers experiance, but to further there own profit, sony, letting people play games that they already own?, i think not, look forward to shelling out 10-15 maybe 20$ for another copy of FF7 or crash team racing, i own both of wich, accually i own 2 copies of ff7 so needless to say sony can take there emulator and shove it for all i care, im waiting for the homebrew one to come out !

EDIT : i didnt relize we were talking about the home brew emulator, ill leave my rant up to stir interest. And my heart goes out to the poor bugger with 2.7*+ and the dreaded TA803 <<<<< or what ever the hell it is, dont loose hope !

M!ckeY
August 23rd, 2006, 04:30
the homebrew ps1 emulator would be great

-also its a TA082..i think ;)

Video_freak
August 23rd, 2006, 04:38
Only 8 days (at least here in California) untill September 1st. :)

BL4Z3D247
August 23rd, 2006, 04:44
Only 8 days (at least here in California) untill September 1st. :)
yeh 9 days to go(NY)...i can't wait, got all my games ready to rumble lol :D, but for now i'll just play pokemon on gpSP :)

FrierTuck
August 23rd, 2006, 05:41
well, i was talking about the Sony one, and thats why i wondering if it could be used a luanch pad for homebrew, but yah, oh boy homebrew

jwilds73
August 23rd, 2006, 06:23
I am willing to bet Sony's official emulator will require you to repurchase downloaded versions of your PSX titles you already own. Also as I stated before I believe many third party titles will not be available for the PSX emulator because of licensing issue's. Example: Capcom no longer has the rights to publish games with Marvel characters in them like their Marvel vs Capcom series. EA is the current license holder. In order for Capcom to republish their prior titles for this emulator they would need to enter into a license agreement again with Marvel and possibly EA to republish these games.

donne
August 23rd, 2006, 07:04
That's really an easy bet. Do you expect Sony would promote PSone CD ripping ??

Itunes sells MP3. Sony wanted to sell PS games. What's the difference ?

Man
August 23rd, 2006, 12:47
That's really an easy bet. Do you expect Sony would promote PSone CD ripping ??

Itunes sells MP3. Sony wanted to sell PS games. What's the difference ?

The difference is, is that itune also lets you rip CDs, that you alreadt own, sony does not how ever.

Accordion
August 23rd, 2006, 13:07
it wont happen…unless we somehow unock the encryption and replace psone game with a psone homebrew…never!

off topic…anyone who uses itunes to rip CDs either hates music or is an idiot!…argh compression noise!!!

steve-b
August 23rd, 2006, 14:24
I'm willing to bet that there will be no 'emulator' program.

You will download each individual game to the memstick and launch them seperately straight out the game menu. There wont be a ps1 emulator program per se. It will all be streamlined into the actual game download or the firmware.

Man
August 23rd, 2006, 16:14
Im pretty sure its supposed to be in a firmware release in october, and i dont use i tunes to rip my cds, because it sucks, but im just saying its an option.

Accordion
August 23rd, 2006, 16:46
I'm willing to bet that there will be no 'emulator' program.

You will download each individual game to the memstick and launch them seperately straight out the game menu. There wont be a ps1 emulator program per se. It will all be streamlined into the actual game download or the firmware.

yep, this has been brought up many times(and by me)
it will most probably be like an eboot form of bleem, with the iso contained within it…wiithout sonys encryption methods to open the files, there will be no emulator to tinker with, and no way for piracy. most likely that the eboots will be signed to your psp mac address or such as well

FrierTuck
August 23rd, 2006, 17:29
hmm, so were all gonna need bigger mem sticks

Video_freak
August 23rd, 2006, 17:32
I guess we'll have to wait and see. But we probably will either way, FrierTuck.
And btw, it's spelled iTunes. :p

FrierTuck
August 23rd, 2006, 17:34
Damn sony, well there not that expensive anymore so its not that big a deal, but still, we wont be able to have massive game libraries on a single stick, so briging every disc of FF7/8/9 is out of the question

psp828
August 23rd, 2006, 18:41
i agree with steve-b that the sony "ps1 emulator" is something in the psp's firmware where it allows you to run ps1 eboots, the only way to run homebrew is to get sonys key and sign all those homebrew programs in or wait for someone to hack the firmware and make all the homebrew programs run through the xmb