PDA

View Full Version : Max Media Dock & Max Media Player

andysjones
August 23rd, 2006, 17:31
I keep hearing bad things about Dated and the max media dock. I was wondering if the Max Media Player is also bad? I cant run some homebrew things, but am I right in thinking that this is because they arnt compatable with the supercard lite, and nothing to do with the Max Media Player?

Thanx

The Hombrew Hunter
August 23rd, 2006, 20:18
All of Datel's Max Media stuff sucks. Launcher, too.

BlueStar
August 23rd, 2006, 20:38
the dock is just a way of storing files, but i use the player and a lot of things dont work with it. i suggest looking for something else and then telling me what it is. :)

The Hombrew Hunter
August 23rd, 2006, 21:27
The M3, people.

Look for my Homebrew guide down on the forum's page a bit.

dkjr83
August 23rd, 2006, 22:28
The M3, people.

Look for my Homebrew guide down on the forum's page a bit.

No kidding. There are beginning to be more posts in this forum about a device that doesn't even work (the max media dock) than there are legit homebrew devices.

I'd be all for the banning of MMD posts, a sticky just for them or even a forum for them. There's no reason to discuss that device here other than to say that it's not worth getting.

Junixx
August 23rd, 2006, 23:08
There should be a sticky called:

"ATTENTION ALL MAX MEDIA PLAYER/DOCK OWNERS"

and in the Message:

Refund it and buy a different flashcard, such as the M3 or Supercard, it would also help if THH guide was sticked, i haven't seen Mazza around lately, anyone know what happened to him?

The Hombrew Hunter
August 23rd, 2006, 23:14
I think he's on vacation.

Junixx
August 23rd, 2006, 23:21
I think he's on vacation.

Ohhhhhhh.......hm now that you mention it i think he said something about it..

andysjones
August 25th, 2006, 11:16
I still dont fully understad why the launcher is bad? I havnt had any problems yet? I mainly like it because it fits in perfect

metroplex2k7
August 25th, 2006, 13:08
Because the MMP and MMD are only good for NDS Roms, it doesn't do anything else.

The Hombrew Hunter
August 25th, 2006, 17:26
The launcher doesn't support sleep mode.

ACID
August 25th, 2006, 17:28
MMD & MMP dont support much of anything. Might as well trough your money out the window.

getarhed1
August 27th, 2006, 03:04
can you flash a ds lite with the max media dock and the launcher?

Trigger_Happy00
August 27th, 2006, 18:33
Well, the MMD and MMP aren't entirely useless. I mean, there are some people who just want to play some videos but can't afford those flash carts and whatnot. I got my MMD even though I heard the warnings about homebrew issues and I don't regret it. There are people making or coding MMD/MMP compatible... stuff. *shrugs*

Qerppsmmnx
August 27th, 2006, 21:11
I didn't know that it "sucked," but I am working with it, and i can say that it really isn't that bad. The problem is just getting started from knowing nothing. I enjoy mine, it was worth it to me, because i am using it for what i wanted it in the first place. It matters what you want on it, I don't really care too much for some of the homebrew games, but a few work and a few don't. I'd wish i knew about the other ones, but hey, I enjoy what i have and looking forward to the next update. And for sleep mode, if you replace the MMP with a regular game cart, the sleep will work. I've done it. So there is that for you, but i can understand the hassle though.

metroplex2k7
August 28th, 2006, 00:53
Yeah, the MM Dock isn't bad. It's the Player that sucks ass. I have the dock, and I play movies fine, music is fine, most NDS Roms, most NES roms, and a few SNES roms. It isn't too bad. But if you want to beable to save on all those great NES and SNES RPG's then you'll need one of the big Flashcards.