PDA

View Full Version : Review: Logic3 In-Line Remote

bandit
August 24th, 2006, 03:54
Logic3 In-Line Remote
Manufacturer: Logic3 (http://www.spectravideo.com)
Site: Buy from Logic3 (http://www.spectravideo.com/?page=shop/flypage&product_id=442&category_id=)
Price: £9.99

Overview : Control, fast forward, rewind, play, pause and control the volume of your PSP, with the Logic3 PSP in Line Remote. Hold switch allows you to lock your PSP remote so buttons can't be pressed accidentally Spring loaded Clip to attach the remote to your lapel, shirt, or collar for easy access. Comes complete with headphones however can be used with any headphones.

Features :

PSP In-Line Remote plus earphone
Control
Fast Forward
Rewind
Pause
Hold switch
Spring loaded Clip

Quality/Usability : Logic3 has been around releasing 3rd party accessories for quite sometime. This time, they have released a In-Line Remote for the PSP. Since the PSP Core System doesn’t include one, this would be an excellent purchase. Sony does sell their own official remote separately (check your local game store). But for those who are in the market for one or just to replace theirs, you’ve come to the right place. Sony’s remote is a circle silver remote. Logic3 decided to go for a square black remote to match the color of the PSP...smart move.

The buttons are setup similar to that of the iPod click wheel and are silver. Top button is volume UP (+), bottom button is volume DOWN (—). Left button is REWIND (|<<) and the right button is FORWARD (>>|). The buttons are pretty responsive and when you press the buttons, they make a clicking sound. On the back of the remote is a clip. The clip is pretty sturdy and clips onto your shirt. Of course, in the middle is a clear blue button which is the PLAY button (>||). Everytime you click on a button, the PLAY button lights up and displays a green light.

The In-Line Remote also includes black earphones (aka headphones). The earphones look similar to Sony’s Fontopia earphones. You can use your own headphones instead of the headphones that is included. NOTE: The earphones may vary in comfort depending on your ears. With any device that uses a remote control, I used my Sony MDR-EX71SL. So I decided to see how these headphones compared to it. The earbuds themselves have a rubber cushion. When I tried them on, at first they felt comfortable. But after a short while, I noticed it felt a little uncomfortable. Like if something was hard. At times, the earbuds would start to fall out of my ear a little. The earbuds has a long cord, so no worries of any slouching or bending over when using with the remote control. I’m no audiophile but to me, the sound is decent. If you’re expecting to hear lots of bass or what not, you’re better off using your own headphones. Don’t expect the headphones to cancel out any outside noise either.

Conclusion : Overall, Logic3’s new In-Line Remote is a great replacement to the official Sony remote (if you don’t own one already). Not only is it cheap in price, but it matches the color of the PSP. It would have been nice if Logic3 could have eliminated the clicking sound of each button press. I know how some people get annoyed with certain things. I suggest avoiding using the included heaphones and use your own personal heaphones if you want good quality sound.

*UPDATE* - 3/14/07
The clip is held in place by a very thin plastic. With a little force, the plastic can break off which makes the clip rendered useless. It already did to mine.

Images via comments

sleddogg83
September 12th, 2006, 01:14
How does this remote stack up against the official Sony remote?

Also, does this remote still function even after the PSP goes to sleep?

bandit
September 12th, 2006, 01:56
How does this remote stack up against the official Sony remote?

Also, does this remote still function even after the PSP goes to sleep?
The remote is on par to the official remote. The clicking sound can get annoying if you get annoyed easily.

As for your second question, the PSP still functions when the PSP is on sleep (power LED still on but screen is off). But when you press the button, the screen does not come on. You'll need to press a button if you want the screen to turn back on.

Russoxley187
September 12th, 2006, 17:23
I want the one thats in Black...

Apoklepz
September 12th, 2006, 19:04
But after a short while, I noticed it felt a little uncomfortable. Like if something was hard.

Eeeeewwww, bandit...keep the naughty stuff to yourself! lol. just messing with ya.

I got these today and their really something if you have your PSP docked in your car for listening to music and watching movies. The remote looks pretty stylish too. I don't use the headphones that come with it, though...I preffer Sony's...I gave the ones that come with this to my kid. I say Logic 3 did a great job here.

I wish somebody would make a cordless remote to play games with...would be ideal for the car if you're parked and waiting for someone or if one of your buddies is riding along while you drive.