PDA

View Full Version : Should I wait for the DS-Xtreme?

SavageHenry
August 24th, 2006, 03:17
hey all,

i'm looking on getting into the homebrew side of things with my ds lite.

the ds-x looks promising but has anyone got any idea if it's legit. i'm sure everyone remembers how good the max media player looked before release.

also, if i get the ds-x will it be possible to use it in conjunction with a gba slot memory card such as m3? ds-x has 512mb of mem but i'd like to up it.

finally, does anyone know a release date for the ds-x? divineo told me a month maybe.

here's the specs - www.ds-x.com

thanks!

CampaKaze
August 24th, 2006, 03:39
Um hey, yah i was thinking about DS-X too, and it looks to be a good HB thing cus its by the people who made good Xbox Modchips. I havent really much idea whats best for a DS because i dont have anythin yet but just because the DS-X fits in the DS slot doesnt mean its better, because G6/SC/M3 Lite work better with GBA, from what i understand. I really liked the idea of DS-X as easy menu and stuff because id listen to my music but its only 512 and thats definately not enough for so i would say wait for a larger size or something else. (This is just my opinion and i dont really know that much)

Crimson_Lotus
August 24th, 2006, 04:08
I don't think the Ds-Extreme is really worth it, 512mb for 120+ dollars? You can get a 2gb micro, and supercard+superkey for less.

I would say forget about it... if a higher level of size comes out, it will most likely raise to cost to unbearable.

SavageHenry
August 24th, 2006, 04:50
thanks for the info.

by micro sd i'm assuming you're talking about the m3 lite micro sd right?

i saw on divineo that they are selling it as a combo with the passcard 3 for 88.95. that doesn't include memory does it?

thanks again

Crimson_Lotus
August 24th, 2006, 05:01
thanks for the info.

by micro sd i'm assuming you're talking about the m3 lite micro sd right?

i saw on divineo that they are selling it as a combo with the passcard 3 for 88.95. that doesn't include memory does it?

thanks again

no, I meant an actual card, micro sd... you can get it, supercard lite and superkey for about the same price if you find the right sale.

of course, nowadays the m3 lite is becoming the "big thing" so it is an option.

Metal_Spirit
September 5th, 2006, 22:57
The first question hasnīt been answered yet, and it shure is a interesting one...
M3 needs a passkey. Can DS-X replace the passkey and allow users with M3 to keep using it? In this way we would have 512 KB for games that use the GBA slot in any way like with rumble packs or memory expantions, and still be able to use the M3 for massive storage for the others.

Can the DS-X be used with a M3 or not??? I would like to see this answered!