PDA

View Full Version : R4i-SDHC Quick Impressions

cyclodsusa
October 8th, 2010, 20:26
I got my R4i-SDHC (http://www.gameplayfun.com/category-s/36.htm) today in the mail from gameplayfun. I must say this thing is rather nice!

This little guy boasts some awesome compatibility with games. I mean it's far better than a of of the R4 named clones out there. In fact it isn't an R4 clone, more of a DSTT/TTDS clone hybrid. It has the TTDS/DSTT file browser, but also has other features such as WiFi kernel updates, WiFi game downloads, WiFi games download manager. Those are nice features, but I have not tested them yet.

Some quirks I hated was the file browser itself as it lists all the saves in that folder along with any other files in there. Plus it does this slow icon scrolling thing that slows the browsing slightly. But other than that there aren't any complaints. One good thing is that games load within a second or two! That's fast as hell!

Now I tried about 20ish games today, including some newer ones and they all booted, played, and saved fine. Hll even Castlevania DoS's intro played fine with no lag. Castlevania PoR did not freeze or lag whatsoever in the known problematic area's of the game. Really this is good!

That wraps up the quick impressions for now, but I will be back later to pst more info!