PDA

View Full Version : My psp is ugly! help

bullhead
August 24th, 2006, 23:17
I used X-Flash to modify my psp. I want to change my psp back to the way it was. I am using Harleyg's custom firmware.

Can someone tell me how to remove this ridiculous font?

M!ckeY
August 24th, 2006, 23:19
go back in to x-flash and install the original font again ;)

Video_freak
August 24th, 2006, 23:20
Install another one. That happened to me too. :o

bullhead
August 24th, 2006, 23:22
How do I remove all traces of X-Flash?

The EX
August 24th, 2006, 23:25
there is an option on number 15 to reset everything to default i think, maybe scroll across on number 15?

bullhead
August 24th, 2006, 23:27
Would upgrading to 2.00 and using mph downgrader be a bad idea?

My worry there would be in updating a wierd firmware, it may not be 100% successful.

M!ckeY
August 24th, 2006, 23:43
no, actually that is not a bad idea, you could update ant then downgrade, and then you'll have all original settings again :)

bullhead
August 24th, 2006, 23:46
Yes, but the thing is that Im afraid that because im updating from a modified firmware, that the update will not be successful.

This isnt as much of an issue at the moment as I got the font sorted out.

Im just trying to familiarise myself with custom firmware, for future reference....Incase i might want to remove everything.

eazy-e
August 24th, 2006, 23:50
delte x-flash and restore ur psp

tallica
August 25th, 2006, 00:05
Thats the most stupid thing to do ever! just go to the menu where you instaleed the custom font nd click change to default, then if yo want yo can delete x-flash. By no means should you use mph downgrader.

bullhead
August 25th, 2006, 00:22
Ok, ive cleared all that up now, thanks. Im new to this 1.5 firmware modification.

Now, can anyone point me in the direction of some good plugins for the harleys custom firmware? Y'know, since were here and all...

tallica
August 25th, 2006, 01:23
the mp3 plugin is good.

bullhead
August 25th, 2006, 12:15
Im sorted now with the custom firmware.

Now I dont want to start a new thread and waste space, but im wondering if anyone will be able to help me with something.

While using devhook .46, when I use the internet browser, I cant save bookmarks. I get the Error: "save failed (ffffff)"

Has anyone got any idea whats going wrong?

AvengedSevenfold Fan
August 26th, 2006, 02:07
does anyone know how much of a risk of bricking do u take with custom firmware and x-flash?

bullhead
August 26th, 2006, 08:33
Its only dangerous if you dont put the folders in the correct locations, or you start editing the prx files without knowing what you are doing and you dont test them on emulated firmware through devhook.
Its also important to flash your psp as little as possible in order to reduce risk of damage even further.

Can anyone help me with my devhook problem?

PlagueMusic
August 26th, 2006, 09:28
no danger at all. unless your stupid and dont read directions or pull out battery / memory stick. if you mess with prx's doesnt do crap since doesnt write on flash, only reads through memory stick.

bullhead
August 26th, 2006, 18:59
Exactly... Now: can anyone help me with my little devhook problem? Ill just restate it:

"While using devhook .46, when I use the internet browser, I cant save bookmarks. I get the Error: "save failed (ffffff)"

Has anyone got any idea whats going wrong?"

Accordion
August 26th, 2006, 19:17
erm…
have you got a "SYSTEM" folder??

BelmontSlayer
August 28th, 2006, 08:17
Also make sure you aren't running the internet browser at 333mhz, that will usally cause problems.

bullhead
August 28th, 2006, 12:35
I have a system folder, It contains the config file for the custom firmware I use. Is there something I should have in that folder to make the save work?