PDA

View Full Version : Is my psp bricked???

wolfpack
August 25th, 2006, 02:43
Hello, maybe you all can help me with my slight problem. My homebrew psp is a 1.5. Whenever i try to play something or watch a umd or even listen to music from time to time, my psp will freeze, then it will shut off. I especially hate it when i try to play some good ol homebrew and it just freezes as im playing it (especially when using an emulator, i hate that!!)

I dont know whats going on but maybe someone can give me ideas here... im thinking about upgrading to 2.0 and downgrading again but i dunno if itll work.

Suggestions anyone?
Or is my psp bricked?

shadow-evillink
August 25th, 2006, 02:48
that sounds like a good idea, there is nothing to lose.

M!ckeY
August 25th, 2006, 02:51
yea, just upgrade then downgrade :)

BL4Z3D247
August 25th, 2006, 02:53
doesn't sound like a brick but the upgrading to 2.0 then using the MPH downgrader sounds like a good idea...thats what i would do atleast

Nicko01
August 25th, 2006, 03:29
not bricked- i every1 else is right.
a few files must be corrupt
upgrading fixes these then downgrading again would fix your problem.

tallica
August 25th, 2006, 03:47
upgrade to 2.0 and then downgrade. i have a tutorial in the cheats and guides section if you need help =)

Lodis
August 25th, 2006, 16:02
upgrade to 2.0 and then downgrade. i have a tutorial in the cheats and guides section if you need help =)

You do not need to do any upgrading to 2.0, just use Xflash to fake your 1.5 firmware to 1.0 and then run the 1.5 update again. It will do the same thing and I have done this myself as well with no problems.

tallica
August 25th, 2006, 16:44
it could be risky because he says his homebrew freezes randomly.

psp828
August 25th, 2006, 16:55
upgrading is the safest choice you can make but, hopefully it wont freeze when its updating because of its problems

Video_freak
August 25th, 2006, 16:57
You could always try to restore default settings in the settings menu before upgrading/downgrading. Nothing to loose there either...

Apoklepz
August 25th, 2006, 17:11
First try reformating the Memory Stick, cause maybe the homebrew you have is corrupt...This will "clean" and empty out the memory stick, so anything you want to save upload it to your PC desktop beforehand.

Secondly, if you still notice the problem after you have reformated the MS, then yeah...I would best suggest you update to 2.0fw and then downgrage back to 1.50fw with a homebrew called PSPsetX for 2.0fw...safest way there is.

bullhead
August 25th, 2006, 17:39
PSPsetX? Ive never heard of that. What is it? Hello Apoklepz...

Apoklepz
August 25th, 2006, 18:16
Hey Bullhead! What's the good word, ol' Chap?

PSPsetX is a flash altering application, pretty old release by Placasoft and Team Emergency Exit...It also has the safest way to download a 2.00fw PSP to 1.50fw...The only link I remember is from Q"J-birds".net, though

http://dl.qj.net/PSPsetX-0.3b-for-2.0-PSP-Homebrew-Applications/pg/12/fid/5343/catid/151

wolfpack
August 27th, 2006, 23:10
hmm i tried the upgrade and downgrade and it still didnt work, it even froze right before the update fully loaded and it froze when i was playing metal gear acid so i know its not the memory stick.

thanks anyways guys, i guess ill just have to deal with the freezing (it does it at the most random times too, it could do it either after 5 minutes or after 3 hours)

BL4Z3D247
August 27th, 2006, 23:15
hmm i tried the upgrade and downgrade and it still didnt work, it even froze right before the update fully loaded and it froze when i was playing metal gear acid so i know its not the memory stick.

thanks anyways guys, i guess ill just have to deal with the freezing (it does it at the most random times too, it could do it either after 5 minutes or after 3 hours)
if ur talking about the MPH downloader(2.0>1.5) its normal that the update freezes at 99%, just hard start ur psp(hold power button up for 10 secs)

wolfpack
August 27th, 2006, 23:28
no i know that part was normal but it froze at the PSP intro screen right before the update even began

Wally
August 28th, 2006, 01:41
Reformat the memory stick, put update on it and downgrade.

Try the 2.50 update even (if you have GTA) then downgrade

Video_freak
August 28th, 2006, 01:43
He can always downgrade by renting the game. I would do what wally said.