PDA

View Full Version : ok

darkest_god
August 25th, 2006, 04:17
i want to help with this doom WAD thing but i dont know how to use it i probably dont have any programs i would love to create things but i dont know how to please respond i would love to make a awesome game with this wad

M!ckeY
August 25th, 2006, 04:19
you'll have to at least understand it, i suggest you first learn how it works :)

darkest_god
August 25th, 2006, 04:21
you'll have to at least understand it, i suggest you first learn how it works :)

hmm yes indeed where might i get this information???:confused::confused: i would love to make this stuff

M!ckeY
August 25th, 2006, 04:25
sorry, i can't help you there, because well, i don't know where there is information on this. Someone will eventually help you out :)

darkest_god
August 25th, 2006, 04:29
sorry, i can't help you there, because well, i don't know where there is information on this. Someone will eventually help you out :)

hm i hope soon:( im so bumbed about not being able to do anything to help ppl

M!ckeY
August 25th, 2006, 04:32
you could search around in the forums, i'm pretty sure there must be something on this ;)

darkest_god
August 25th, 2006, 04:33
you could search around in the forums, i'm pretty sure there must be something on this ;)
hm ok but uhh what would i put in the search wad help?

M!ckeY
August 25th, 2006, 04:36
try anything that you think will give you the results you want :)

darkest_god
August 25th, 2006, 04:38
try anything that you think will give you the results you want :)
ok thanks youve helped out alot

stotheamuel
August 25th, 2006, 04:46
here... you need wintex... or deutex

some other stuff but here first

http://www.gamers.org/addons/utils/deutex/

GobboFett
August 25th, 2006, 12:40
I haven’t had too much experience with WAD's myself, but after trying for weeks to get this stuff to work with Doom-PSP, I think I may know enough to help out.

Creating a custom Doom WAD file can take quite a while (sometimes months) but can be really fun. First of all you will need a few things; namely a copy of the DOOM2.WAD (this is copyrighted material so you will need to buy it), a WAD editing program (like "WinTEX" or "eXtendible WAD editor") and a picture editing program (MSPaint or even Photoshop).

Now, after you open the WAD with the editing program you will see a LARGE list of things which can be edited (sprites, sounds, music, maps, etc). Now what you basically do is edit the sprites/pictures with a picture editor to make them whatever you like, this can be painstaking as you will need to make views of monsters from all angles and whatnot. You can just change around all the elements of Doom until you are happy with your mod. A good idea to start off would be to download an already custom WAD and study what you can edit yourself (some great WAD's here (http://www.tapland.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1336)). I've always wanted to make one myself, but I'm just too damn lazy :p

Hope this helps out :D

darkest_god
August 25th, 2006, 18:33
sweet thanks i always wanted to do this