PDA

View Full Version : SNES Station v0.2.4 HDD

wraggster
August 25th, 2006, 16:27
A new version of Snes Station (http://people.freenet.de/ps2dev/emulators.html)the Snes emulator for the PS2 has been released that works on Harddrisks, heres the info:

24/08/2006 SNES-Station now supports loading ROMs from usb sticks, memory cards and hard disc.

Restrictions
SNES-Station is a little bit unstable caused by the patching made. The hdd version is even more unstable, because it needs more memory. You should have a CDROM/DVD in your Playstation to get it properly to work. I added support for second memory card, but I don't get it working. You also can get sometimes a bad video performance. If you run a file from hdd and try to load a saved state, it is possible that it crashes. I don't know what will happen if you load the hdd version if you have no hdd. If you save to often it will fail. Sorry, but I think I can't fix these bugs.

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

Dutt
August 29th, 2006, 11:55
Wragg-
Can u please tell me what files i need in my iso to get this to run off of my hdd.. using HDLoader..
Thanks for your time..

StealthCP
September 1st, 2006, 16:37
Excellent. This is pure class. They took my words to heart, then, eh? :D

AtariFreek
September 2nd, 2006, 00:45
Cool! Just Fiqured Out How To Put Homebrew On Ma PS2!

Zin0099
November 4th, 2006, 03:31
I Found That Using My Action Replay Max it will Play Both Snes and Genesis Unmodified on a PS2

Here's How-
Use EVO MAX and Just Put Both Roms And Emus in The configuration and just rip a CD or Make Image File! (I had to do This) and burn a CD

then put AR Max in PS2 go to Max Media Player and pop in that new cd you made.

P.S. You Can Also Load roms from USB, MEMORY CARD, and HDD

-Zin Ratore :)

Plus 2.4 is Great so Far

Knux896
November 4th, 2006, 03:49
Just so everyone knows, this version is apparently NOT made by the author of SNES-Station (Hiryu). It is apparently a patched version that was posted on the PS2dev forum by someone with the screen-name "MegaMan". Therefore this probably shouldn't be considered 2.4, but rather a 2.3+ release.

I doubt this means that there is anything wrong with the release but I thought it was worth mentioning.

hotterthanhell
December 13th, 2006, 12:24
Hi,

I've got both a 2Gb USB flash drive and 128Mb MP3 player.
If I put some roms on the mp3player and put it the PS2 and run SNESstation it works perfectly. :thumbup: Then if I try the 2Gb as well, I can't seem to get it work. For some reason it doesn't seem to detect the 2Gb flashdrive. :(
Am I doing something wrong, which I can overcome or is there simply a size limit for USB drives working with SNESstation? :confused:

dezius
January 15th, 2007, 22:05
Hey, i got the roms to run but i cant get my controller to work. THIS SUX A LITTLE BIT!

Zin0099
February 13th, 2007, 06:48
is there anymore updates to snes station?

Zin0099
February 13th, 2007, 06:51
is there anymore updates to snes station?

darkerassassin
February 16th, 2007, 04:02
dude can i ask a question about ps2 emulations on cds? can multiple emulators on a single cd work? i have some NES games, 1 genesis game and 4 snes games i want to emulate for my ps2. or do i have to burn a single emulator (for example, 1 cd for PGEN for genesis and 1 for the snesstation for snes) on each cd?

thanks

cybernet_29
April 3rd, 2007, 00:35
hi all im new to this forum i have been reading for a few weeks now and found information help full im just trying to do the snesstation for ps2 ive got the elf file from wraggster thanks for that but where do i get the system file from cos it says you need this to burn it to disk to play on the ps2 hhhhhheeeeeeellllllllppppp

cybernet_29
April 3rd, 2007, 01:46
i have just done the snesstation disk and it works find just burned it at 4x speed thanks for all the info one more question i have got an image for castlevania symphony of the night on the playstation 1 how do i burn this to disk to play on the playstation 2 using swap magic 3.6 and what disk do i burn it on a DVD or CD thanks

Zin0099
April 16th, 2007, 03:00
You Can't play copied psone games by using SWAPMAGIC AT ALL. but you can use A PSONE Version of GAMESHARK OR ACTION REPLAY

arcadekidflo
September 21st, 2009, 19:23
I installed version 0.2.4 version on the memory card and when i try to acces the options,then press exit, it freezes . What's wrong with it ?
I wish the Snes emulator on PSP is ported to PS2 , the architecture is roughly the same .