PDA

View Full Version : Japanese Charts- New Super Mario Bros Dominates Japanese Chart Again

wraggster
August 25th, 2006, 17:40
Via Gamasutra (http://www.gamasutra.com/php-bin/news_index.php?story=10626)

Nintendo has tightened its grip on the Japanese video game sales charts even further this week, with seven of the top ten titles being on the Nintendo DS and an eighth on the Game Boy Advance – all but one published by Nintendo themselves.

Some of the titles crowding the top spots include new cooking simulator Shaberu! DS Oryouri Navi, the latest version of Tamagotchi Connection, and the ever-present Animal Crossing: Wild World. In fact, nineteen of the top thirty placed titles are also Nintendo DS games.

Overall though, sales have slipped slightly again this week, with a paucity of new releases in advance of the release of Final Fantasy III next week. The only new title in the top ten is the latest in Daito Giken’s long running series of Pachi-Slot simulators, which follows the success of Sega’s Fist of the North Star license in previous weeks.

Of greatest interest this week are the hardware figures, which have seen sales for the Nintendo DS slip by over 122,000 to just 75,207 units. Although stock of the console did appear to be improving last week, DS shortages have again become severe, leading to the drop.

Sales for other formats remained static, with the PSP at 41,535 units and the PlayStation 2 on 26,833. The Game Boy Advance family of consoles sold 6,109 units, the Xbox 360 a still flaccid 1,493, and the GameCube 922.

Video_freak
August 25th, 2006, 18:09
Wow! Nintendo has been and is doing awesome right now! :)

.:}<3\/!}\{:.
August 25th, 2006, 18:22
Wow! Nintendo has been and is doing awesome right now! :)
sony isnt doing very well, especially the psp :(
but the homebrew isn't giving up :D

Video_freak
August 25th, 2006, 18:25
The ONLY reason I don't throw my PSP in the trash can is homebrew. :)

ACID
August 25th, 2006, 18:27
I second that motion video.

Basil Zero
August 25th, 2006, 21:18
wow, man this makes me want to go back to the old days when i was a nintendo fanboy lol

Xiro
August 25th, 2006, 21:37
wow, man this makes me want to go back to the old days when i was a nintendo fanboy lol

its same for me, but the PSP just has so much darn potential that i have to keep it. It just needs a Killer App besides GTA games.

iceman100
August 26th, 2006, 06:24
id still throw it in the trase, cause it's no pc.

mnuhaily22
August 27th, 2006, 12:18
as expected

sko, TheLogicalGamer
August 27th, 2006, 23:54
DS owns Japan