PDA

View Full Version : PSP Software reload?

DomDoobie
February 3rd, 2005, 15:29
Can a Japanese PSP be sent back to Sony and have the U.S. version loaded onto it? Even when everything is set to english there are still some differences. I have read the tentative U.S. manual posted on the FCC website. The X and O buttons work opposite from the proposed U.S. version, and the keyboard always defaults to Japanese which can be changed by using the select button. Also the English manual is calling the game PSP 1001 instead of PSP 1000. I think I made a big mistake by buying an import!

meloe
February 3rd, 2005, 17:42
i dont see how u made a mistake? The manual on the fcc website is only a draft it is by no means the final draft. So your only real concern is the different languages? Well hey you can change it in the menu. I dont undertsand why people get so worried when the difference between a japnese and us/european will surely be minimal, even if there is any difference what so ever at all. AS for the button swap, personally i thing that is utter crap, Seeing as the psp control pad is eactly the same configuration as a standard ps2 controller, i.e. all the shape buttons are in exactly the same postion.

DomDoobie
February 4th, 2005, 01:21
In the japanese version the O button is for enter and the X button is for back. In the U.S. version the O button is for back and the X button is for enter. My son noticed it right away. He plays the games I don't. I NEVER SAID THE BUTTONS WERE IN DIFFERENT PLACES. They are in the same place but have opposite functions. Also I spoke to a Sony rep today. They do not have all of the information yet in the U.S. but they suspect that some functions will not work with U.S. software and a Japanese PSP. Their example was PS2. They know for a fact that they work differently and suspect PSP will do the same. My recomendation. Wait until it is released in your area and pay less also than you would from a reseller.

Shapyi
February 4th, 2005, 04:20
Its like that in all Japanese PS2 games. Its also like that in Zone of the Enders 2nd Runner and Metal Gear Solid games. Thats just how they do them in Japan. I just think its in software, not hardware.