PDA

View Full Version : Is my PSP Bricked???

Stalix
August 26th, 2006, 02:07
OK I had a 1.5 Harlyg's custom firmware psp for a while. Theni wanted to update to version 0.2 so i got to the recovery menu by botting it up in the "HOLD" position. I updated the vshmain.prx and recovery.elf and there was a third option containing the words eboot in it. so i click that too and it reboots my psp and blank screen. I say crap in my mind and think the worst. My worries were correct, all i got is a blank screen.

Now i wanted to know what that third option was and what its suppose to do, maybe its not really bricked?

Also now when i turn on the psp the memory stick activity led blinks evey 10 seconds or so, and the umd drive click when i have a disk inserted also every 10 seconds.

Maybe its still trying to update something but cant find the file on the memory stick so maybe if someone can expain what that third option was what i clicked.

but if it is bricked i will just send my psp into x-box mods to get the UP chip installed. but if i dont have to send it that would be great, saves me $250 USD

V3N0M
August 26th, 2006, 02:17
Well try to Hard power it off. Hold the power button up for 10 seconds until it shuts everything down completely. Even take the battery out for a while and then try it.

AvengedSevenfold Fan
August 26th, 2006, 02:17
sorry, its compleatly bricked. my psp does that and its bricked, but if ur still under warrenty, find ur proof of purchase, call sony, make up some lie about y its bricked, send ur psp on, theyll replace it

Kramer
August 26th, 2006, 02:19
try taking your mem stick out then boot it up that might work

Stalix
August 26th, 2006, 02:23
Jman: Thats the first thing i tried.

psp_iz:I bought the psp used from a guy, even if i could get it send into to sony to fix i wouldn't, they would send it back wiht he latest firmware most likely and i rather have no psp than that.

Kramer: I also already tried this and any other little thinks to make it work.

I alwasy wanted the undiluted platinum even since i heard about Epsilon bios. this is just a kick in the butt foir me to get it.

But i want to know why did it brick???

if someone has a HarlyG's custom firmware could you please read off all the option in the recovery menu so i could remeber what i pressed.

Now i jsut wish i had better soldering skills, but i'll just send it it, i rather have a pro solder it for me.

PlagueMusic
August 26th, 2006, 05:39
it should work after you take off the memory stick since it doesnt load config.txt file and reboots to normal (sony) firmware, if you have dual boot, i can help you or if you still can enable usb mode, pm me

if your psp isnt bricked, i can make it look like you got UP but its free :D

BL4Z3D247
August 26th, 2006, 05:58
*Main menu*

USB [ON/OFF]
Recovery menu
Boot manager
Change clockspeed
Exit

*Recovery menu*

Back
Flash ms0:/index.dat to flash0
Flash ms0:/recovery.elf to flash0
Flash ms0:/vshmain.prx to flash0
Start update eboot
Remove custom fw

*Boot manager*

Back
Return to 1.5
Load default DH fw
Run 2.00+ UMD (not implemented yet)

the rest is change clockspeed and thats self explainatory

then exit

:D

Stalix
August 26th, 2006, 07:26
Thank you blazed.

Thats waht i pressed: "Start update eboot"

what does that do?

once i pressed that it rebooted my psp and killed it.

Kramer
August 26th, 2006, 07:36
Thank you blazed.

Thats waht i pressed: "Start update eboot"

what does that do?

once i pressed that it rebooted my psp and killed it.

What so you can actually get into the recovery menu.

BL4Z3D247
August 26th, 2006, 07:46
u needed to have an update eboot some where on ur MS, either in the root or in the GAME folder(in an UPDATE folder u make)

Stalix
August 26th, 2006, 09:52
but i didn't know that, I pressed start eboot update without having an eboot file on my ms.

Could that really have killed it???

Kramer: no, I mean that how i bricked it i was updating my firmware within the recovery menu, i clicked "start update eboot" and it restated it and thats how i got a dead psp.

drEDN4wt
August 26th, 2006, 20:38
try putting an update eboot on your memstick...
maybe via a card reader or a friends psp etc
and reboot

tallica
August 27th, 2006, 02:02
Did you try using recovery mode? You shouldnt of flashed the eboot.

JD/
August 27th, 2006, 02:13
when you run the update eboot in recovery mode i think it erases the flash memory to get ready to install the update eboot but in your case you didnt have one if your lucky just put an eboot on your memstick and it mnight work otherwise your gonna have to get that UP modchip

Stalix
August 27th, 2006, 02:13
Well i didnt know flashing with the eboot optiion without an eboot could kil my psp!!!

and yes i tried putting the update eboot in the main directory and the update directory and no go.

oh well i wanted the undiluted chip anyways, epsilon bios here i come!!!