PDA

View Full Version : Weird graphics problem with all 2D games I've played

streetwaves
October 16th, 2010, 18:31
I did a search but I can't find anything that fixes this. I've burned Street Fighter III Third Strike (JPN), Marvel vs Capcom 2, and Fatal Fury and they all look the same. I've got the DC hooked up directly to an HDTV using the standard DC cable, and it looks great. Everything is crystal clear, but the 2D sprite characters have some sort of ugly filter put on them, I guess to hide their pixilation. I've tried holding start and L but that doesn't remove the filter I'm talking about (makes the characters look like they were painted), it just makes the video look worse.

Also, if I press pause during gameplay, the characters look more like they should (you can see individual pixels), but when playing they look like moving paintings. How do I fix this? I can't imagine it's supposed to look like this.

Thanks!

kojiro7
October 16th, 2010, 22:21
did you use RCA cables to connect the dc?
if yes,it wont look good that way on your hdtv,you may need the vga dc cable

streetwaves
October 16th, 2010, 22:43
did you use RCA cables to connect the dc?
if yes,it wont look good that way on your hdtv,you may need the vga dc cable

I'm not talking about a picture 'quality' issue per se, I'm talking about an effect being put on the sprites to hide the pixilation. The picture looks great other than when the sprites are in motion, it gives them a painted look (when paused they look normal).

kojiro7
October 16th, 2010, 23:37
well I am not sure
but I would try the vga cable first if I was you,thats my opinion
someone else might help you better