PDA

View Full Version : Sony might be accepting homebrew MASS help is needed

Crimson_Lotus
August 26th, 2006, 21:34
Hello, if you heard of the homebrew link on the PSP connect website, dig this...

At close to the top-middle of their forum, sony is doing a poll to see what version we have, its almost obvious they are looking for potential customers for falling sales... Go there, register, and say you have 1.5 even if you have 2.7-2.8. They should get the hint that a mass majority of us are doing it and will make the system more open.. It will take hope, dreams, and a TON of clicking but please... Remember VOTE 1.0-1.5 no matter what...

DO it for your DCEMU

http://boardsus.playstation.com/playstation/board?board.id=psp

BL4Z3D247
August 26th, 2006, 21:39
will do :D

Crimson_Lotus
August 26th, 2006, 21:40
will do :D
Thankyou good sir.:D

BL4Z3D247
August 26th, 2006, 21:51
where is the poll i don't see where to vote?

Apoklepz
August 26th, 2006, 22:02
Oh heck yeah! I'm doing this right now...maybe if they accept homebrew, then they might as well fix my stupid corrupt flash in the future.

Crimson_Lotus
August 26th, 2006, 22:55
Oh heck yeah! I'm doing this right now...maybe if they accept homebrew, then they might as well fix my stupid corrupt flash in the future.

Ye haw! Keep em coming!:p

Malksta
August 26th, 2006, 23:56
Voted :D

tallica
August 27th, 2006, 00:42
Il vote now :D

EDIT: can you post a direct link to the poll because i dont see it :(

crackkills
August 27th, 2006, 01:19
I m definitely, homebrew is the best part of the psp

Crimson_Lotus
August 27th, 2006, 01:41
go here :http://boardsus.playstation.com/playstation/board?board.id=psp

when logged in and in the middle you should see..
http://img209.imageshack.us/img209/7361/gogoofh7.jpg

Shadowblind
August 27th, 2006, 01:43
I bet 64% of the people who voted are from sony

Crimson_Lotus
August 27th, 2006, 01:54
its rising, it was 16 % :D
18%... which means.. roughly 640 people use 1.0-1.5 on there...

FrierTuck
August 27th, 2006, 02:05
u think this will work?

Crimson_Lotus
August 27th, 2006, 02:13
u think this will work?
It can't hurt lol:D

FrierTuck
August 27th, 2006, 02:14
well, i cant argue with that, im going to vote

cloud_952
August 27th, 2006, 03:00
And why, exactly, do people think this means that Sony's going to "accept homebrew"?

More likely, this is Sony trying to find out how many users aren't updating so they can get an idea of how many are still holding out. This is in no way getting an idea of "how many like homebrew" or anywhere near Sony "thinking about accepting it". I have no idea why that even comes to mind. o_O Seriously. Everytime they update the PSP, they do it to SECURE it. Why would Sony suddenly turn around and say "Hey, okay.. go ahead!".

.. and honestly? This is probably just a poll. The guy's at the US division on the web forum have no control over the PSP or the firmware updates. Remember, the firmware updates come from Sony of Japan. Not some lackeys who monitor the web forums. O_o They're about 30 steps removed from firmware.

Crimson_Lotus
August 27th, 2006, 03:05
And why, exactly, do people think this means that Sony's going to "accept homebrew"?

More likely, this is Sony trying to find out how many users aren't updating so they can get an idea of how many are still holding out. This is in no way getting an idea of "how many like homebrew" or anywhere near Sony "thinking about accepting it". I have no idea why that even comes to mind. o_O Seriously. Everytime they update the PSP, they do it to SECURE it. Why would Sony suddenly turn around and say "Hey, okay.. go ahead!".

.. and honestly? This is probably just a poll. The guy's at the US division on the web forum have no control over the PSP or the firmware updates. Remember, the firmware updates come from Sony of Japan. Not some lackeys who monitor the web forums. O_o They're about 30 steps removed from firmware.

Look, if you want to crush dreams go ahead... but we will stand strong...for DCemu!!!

ACID
August 27th, 2006, 03:39
Voted

Crimson_Lotus
August 27th, 2006, 03:46
Yay

FrierTuck
August 27th, 2006, 04:40
years from now, our children will be reading in text books about the fall of sony, and they will see this as a historic day for homebrewer everywhere, theyll come to use and ask "were you in the war against the corporations" and we'll be able to say "yep i was on the front lines the whole time, battling for the freedom of gamers and people everywhere"

Crimson_Lotus
August 27th, 2006, 05:00
years from now, our children will be reading in text books about the fall of sony, and they will see this as a historic day for homebrewer everywhere, theyll come to use and ask "were you in the war against the corporations" and we'll be able to say "yep i was on the front lines the whole time, battling for the freedom of gamers and people everywhere"

Chapter 33: Fall of Sony...

And so it became, that the world's most unlikely characters... the homebrewers.. Fought for justice on the behalf of their kinsmanship. Sony Entertainment, A currupt corperation hell bent on ruining homebrewer's attempts everywhere, fought for their false beliefs with amazing vigor... but it was the homebrewers that came through and attacked Sony's core via a shiny yet misleading forum poll... Our world would be a differant place without the help of those faithful homebrewers.

I can gladly say to my children and their children that we fought with our beliefs and ideas... and Sony can't destroy them... EVER!

FrierTuck
August 27th, 2006, 05:05
well, someone should actually write this down, an epic saga of homebrew and hackers ala "A World Lit Only by Fire" by william manchester, ill even start with chapter one in a new topic

FrierTuck
August 27th, 2006, 05:22
when we get to chapter 33, you need to post that

cloud_952
August 27th, 2006, 06:36
Look, if you want to crush dreams go ahead... but we will stand strong...for DCemu!!!

Was that honestly your reply to my whole post? O_o You're the topic starter, and you didn't address a SINGLE point I made.

WHY do you think this suggests Sony is willing to accept homebrew? And why isn't anyone else even looking at this at face value. I'm serious, web jockeys for SCEA don't ever even go near the coding of firmware, much less impact Sony's policy. ^^; If you're going to say that this is going to impact something, please tell us why. I'm not just angrily stomping on people's dreams. I'm saying that you're getting Sony MORE members for their web forum which makes them believe they're more popular than they are for no real good reason. Unless you have one. May I hear it? o_O

Crimson_Lotus
August 27th, 2006, 06:47
Was that honestly your reply to my whole post? O_o You're the topic starter, and you didn't address a SINGLE point I made.

WHY do you think this suggests Sony is willing to accept homebrew? And why isn't anyone else even looking at this at face value. I'm serious, web jockeys for SCEA don't ever even go near the coding of firmware, much less impact Sony's policy. ^^; If you're going to say that this is going to impact something, please tell us why. I'm not just angrily stomping on people's dreams. I'm saying that you're getting Sony MORE members for their web forum which makes them believe they're more popular than they are for no real good reason. Unless you have one. May I hear it? o_O

I was joking geez. Truth is, I think it suggests as such because perhaps sony is seeing how much user base they could appease if they made the PSP more open. Its just an Idea. Vote or don't vote pretty simple.. if you say the pspconnect page with a PSP updates link on it than it does seem fishy. That is why I am basing it off hope. Basically even though they are getting members, they realize they are getting members that use homebrew, and a lot of em' at that. Practically no one has a 1.0-1.5 PSP and doesn't use homebrew.. Sony knows that too.. If that doesn't change your mind then don't vote... I just know if it could help then I'm trying it.:D

Crimson_Lotus
August 27th, 2006, 21:58
Wraggster recently posted that our dreams may be lackluster and that the link on the PSP connect site to "PSPUpdates" could simply be an advert.. But, since I have a 2.7 PSP and nothing better to do.. I am still using my hope to back the idea that Sony yeilds under our numbers!

FrierTuck
August 27th, 2006, 22:19
same here, but if plans go well my friend is going to trade me his 2.01

ninja9393
August 27th, 2006, 22:29
hellz yea i voted:D

csd-san
August 28th, 2006, 17:16
What are the results so far? :D

red_sox32
August 29th, 2006, 00:55
someone wanna post there long in info maybe? so other poeple dont have to register

NoQuarter
August 29th, 2006, 01:41
Just registered over there and can't find the damn vote button!
Tried looking where you said and it's not there,or I'm in the wrong place.

FrierTuck
August 29th, 2006, 02:04
i think its above everything on the forum, maybe sony nixed it though

carrotman97
August 29th, 2006, 23:00
done( had a 2.5 > 1.5:D )

ExcruciationX
August 30th, 2006, 04:12
I am not going to enter a bunch of private information, just for this! Sorry guys, not going to vote.

AvengedSevenfold Fan
September 3rd, 2006, 03:19
omg, i was looking through these threads on that site, i just feel like punching these people! it lists the features of 2.80, and people are exited to upgrade. this is what one person said, "my psp is updating right now! w00t"

razorak
September 3rd, 2006, 03:26
lol....ignorant fools...they just dun know the goodness of homebrew

VampDude
September 6th, 2006, 03:30
omg, i was looking through these threads on that site, i just feel like punching these people! it lists the features of 2.80, and people are exited to upgrade. this is what one person said, "my psp is updating right now! w00t"

lmao, thats what you get at an official PSP forum...

...it's full of losers who think it's cool to "upgrade", they probably also think that the TA-082 motherboard is the best thing since sliced bread!