PDA

View Full Version : Help!! Why does modchipstore.com need this info.

NFC9225
August 27th, 2006, 17:14
Hey I have ordered the U.P. modchip from modchipstore and they emailed me asking for a scan of the front of my creditcard, a picture of my driver's license, and a signed statement giving the location that I want it to be sent. Did this happen to anyone else who ordered the modchip. Is this safe?

Video_freak
August 27th, 2006, 17:18
I have never shopped there, but I don't think the information they are asking you is appropriate. Cancel the order while you still can.

muffinman
August 27th, 2006, 22:04
that seems a bit unreasonable
is it a fake email is the address the same as any other emails they've sentyou etc.

like video i've never ordered from them and id recommend canceling your order or asking the company the nessesity of it first.

tallica
August 28th, 2006, 01:10
Are you sure its from the mod chip store? sounds like phishing.

roaddogg2k2
August 28th, 2006, 03:44
yeah. If you already ordered something form them, than you should be good. They have the info they need already.
This is probably a scam (Phishing)
Try contacting the website and ask them if they send these emails out. Dont use any phone numbers that appear on the suspicious mail though, as those could be scam phones. Try checking the website.
If you haven't ordered anything, than this is most likely a scam, and you need to report it to the main company they are representing.

jwilds73
August 28th, 2006, 04:55
With Diet Energy and Nutrition I needed to fax a copy of my drivers license but this was because I was purchasing ephedrine which is a chemical component in crank. However a modchip site requiing this is unreasonable.

pibs
August 28th, 2006, 06:50
lol wtf u serious thats nuts its mostlikly a scam. I felt like buying it from there too but i think ebay has them cheaper and its paypal so its safer.

donne
August 28th, 2006, 08:00
There's no need to sent a copy of your front-face credit-card and/or driving license copy. Regular MOTO (mail order, telephone order) transaction doesn't require those (and DOB or Mother Maiden Name).