PDA

View Full Version : Updates ?

maggi
August 27th, 2006, 19:13
Hey : )

I love Neo4ALL (both Versions) and Mame4ALL and I`d be really happy to get some updates on what you`re working atm : )

Exsp. the Mame4ALL..... I know that most Coders hate such questions, but could someone give me a status (percent) on how far the new version is.

Cause I check your page everyday for updates and you could save some traffic if you tell me that the next release won`t come 2006 :p : )

PS: THANKS FOR ALL YOUR WORK (if that helps to get an answer :D

quzar
August 27th, 2006, 20:53
Chui only comes around here when he makes a release, so you'll know when he is about to release something ;)

Christuserloeser
August 28th, 2006, 00:49
http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=198658 ^^

kof2000
August 28th, 2006, 02:01
iīm in the same situation of maggi. every single day i visit this forum, most too check if chui will release a new version of his incredible emulators

chui
August 28th, 2006, 09:41
Sorry, i am away because i am working on FAZE with FOX, its a very hard task.

I would want to build a new MAME4ALL, NEO4ALL and ZX4ALL releases during next month.

Basically that releases will be FAZE inside, so more fast.

Also some small bugs will be fixed.

kof2000
August 28th, 2006, 10:41
its ok chui. u are doing a huge favor to a lot of people. just take it easy and release them when u think they are ok. and thanx a lot for what have already been done

ps: just one question: u didnīt metioned snes4all above. will u release a new version too?

chui
August 28th, 2006, 11:25
Yes, i am not working on snes4all and psx4all now.

Fox prefers to finish FAZE now and continue other projects later.

I suppose that we will continue snes4all for christmas, it needs a assembler code reconstruction and rewrite video blitter for using dc-textures.

Both changes are hard, be patient.

kof2000
August 28th, 2006, 15:44
thanks for the answers chui

maggi
August 28th, 2006, 15:52
Thx for the answer : )

I don`t want to open a new Thread for that simple question so I ask here...

I`m going to sell my TV (only crap running there nowadays), so I`d like to know if all Emus (mame4all, aes4all, neo4all) support the VGA-Box ?

I know it`s the "competitor" (translated that word in google o_O) , but do you maybe also know something about the VGA-Support of DreamSNES and GenesisPlusDC ?

chui
August 28th, 2006, 16:53
I dont know about VGA-BOX works or not, but FOX uses it and he not comment me any problem.

Christuserloeser
August 28th, 2006, 19:40
I think all homebrew have VGA support thanks to KOS. At least if you use BootDreams to burn it (as VGA support is enabled via the IP.BIN).

Sorry, i am away because i am working on FAZE with FOX, its a very hard task.

I would want to build a new MAME4ALL, NEO4ALL and ZX4ALL releases during next month.

Basically that releases will be FAZE inside, so more fast.

Also some small bugs will be fixed.

That's very good news Chui :)

Allow me to post a little wishlist for Neo4All/AES (AES4All):

Autoboot function to create Single-Game-Discs

That could be done if a file 'autoboot.txt' is present. 'autoboot.txt' could tell the emulator the name of the .AES file to load and also with which configuration (e.g. frameskip=0) - so Neo4All doesn't need to load the menu at all so it saves Dreamcast RAM.
Also Metal Slug X or Shock Troopers would feel like a real Dreamcast game ^^

Update GUI with less graphics, no menu music & sounds so less RAM is used.

Region select when converting AES ROMs doesn't work atm (No blood in Metal Slug X)

In AES4ALL beta 1 sound effects have problems when playing some games (?)

24khz or 44/48KHz sound playback if possible

...and I know you already are working on support for Arcade Stick's C & Z - Buttons :)

Cooe14
August 29th, 2006, 00:44
no PSX4all :(. Well I guess my DC will keep on collecting dust until it is released.

crackkills
August 29th, 2006, 01:46
well ill just have to wait a while longer

maggi
August 29th, 2006, 12:53
You can get an old playstation on ebay for 10-15euro. It will run all games PERFECTLY : )

But you can`t buy arcade-machines or neogeo-hardware/games for that price. That`s why I love mame4all and neogeo4all :D

kof2000
August 29th, 2006, 16:59
i agree completely with maggi. neogeo games (and arcades) are very rare to find...

chui
August 29th, 2006, 20:08
You can get an old playstation on ebay for 10-15euro. It will run all games PERFECTLY : )

But you can`t buy arcade-machines or neogeo-hardware/games for that price. That`s why I love mame4all and neogeo4all :D

yes, it is true but PSX4ALL will run playstation1 games better than playstation1 original machine like bleemcast, in theorithy... i love bleemcast/tekken3 pretty graphics and short loading time.

i agree completely with maggi. neogeo games (and arcades) are very rare to find...

... and Amiga500 and AtariST and NES and SNES and Genesis and ....

I prefer to run ALL machines in one, less space and very cheap. :D

DemoniusX
September 8th, 2006, 16:24
well said chui, Have you seen the prices for old systems now?!?!? Jesus christ. Amiga 500 was the most expensive I saw there is never a amiga going for less then $300. Snes and genesis games are also getting a little hard to find. So I also intend to agree that this is definitely a cheaper way of playing the games we love, whilst not having to track down every single cart/disk.

I look forward to the updates. Keep up the fantastic work. :)

EDIT: Hey chui, where did you get that music from the menu of Neo4all AES? Sounds very amiga and I jam to it before playing some neo games.