PDA

View Full Version : New to modding - Few simple questions

BootGuyJoe
August 28th, 2006, 06:05
Hey, I'm new to the console modding scene. All I really want to do actually, is get the Quake 2X emu. I've already own several copies of the legit thing, but am dying to play system link with my buddies.

If anyone out there could tell me (or link me to a guide), in laymans terms, just how to get this thing and properly set it up, I'd be extremely grateful. What do I have to download? Do I have to buy anything? Etc. I've tried searching these forums, and other websites, but I haven't found any useful information. (Or I have, and just didn't understand it.)

Thanks in advance, you have no idea how much I want this!

SnoopKatt
August 29th, 2006, 22:08
First you need to modify your console by chipping it or softmodding it. If you're good at soldering, chip it. But if you're better with software, softmod it.

Go to www.xbox-scene.com for EVERYTHING you need to know. They'll show you how to mod it. As for obtaining Quake 2X, it was probably made with the XDK, which is illegal for most homebrewers to use, so you need to get it in "the usual places". There are tutuorials on how to use "the usual places" on www.xbox-scene.com as well.

s1k0
August 29th, 2006, 23:45
if i was you and i was new to xbox i would soft mod if you like it and learn to how to use it then chip it

SnoopKatt
September 1st, 2006, 03:05
^What he said. But be very careful when you softmod. When you open up the softmod menu, backup everything before you begin, and if you can, FTP a backup to your PC. AND DON'T FORGET YOUR EEPROM.

s1k0
September 1st, 2006, 15:56
yeah because if anything goes wrong in either your xbox is pretty much garbage so backup your xbox as much as possiable incase something happens.