PDA

View Full Version : Help plz

pibs
August 28th, 2006, 09:19
I wan't to buy v1.5 games at ebgames 2morrow but the problem is im not quite shure which are v1.5. I don't want to deal with devhook right now until I get a bigger memory card. There is no list that I can find online so im hopping some of you can suggest a link or maybe some game names that work on v1.5.Because i doubt the clerk will tell me what version the games are

thanks

bah
August 28th, 2006, 10:04
Not very many, only the early releases really.
My burnout ledgends UMD wants 1.52 and that came out around september 05, so anything with a 06 date on it deff. wont work.

You should be able to get devhook UMD version working on the 32mb mstick that comes with the PSP and run any UMD game you want with very little hassle.

Believe me you'll be glad you set it up, why limit your choice of games when you can run up to the newest releases with http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=29911

EDIT: For lack of a better list, you'll most likely be limited (at best) to games released before burnout ledgends in 05 on http://www.gamespot.com/reviews.html?type=reviews&platform=1024&mode=all&sort=post_date&dlx_type=all&sortdir=desc&sortdir=desc

pibs
August 28th, 2006, 10:12
thanks ill try devhook

ACID
August 28th, 2006, 10:27
Devhook is the way to go it only takes 23 mb for the 2.71 full version. But the only games and they also have newer versions are untold legends , wipe out , that i can think of right now.

M!ckeY
August 28th, 2006, 10:42
devhook doesn't take up much room compared to all the greatness it provides us with :)

donne
August 28th, 2006, 11:36
Yes.. But to install Devhook you'll gotta need :
- Clean install (means.. reformatted memory stick.. That's so hard to do)
- Download the 2.5+ firmwares
- Somehow ripped the firmwares to make prx files..
- Confusing file-structures
- Have risk of accidentally bricking it (flashing option on Devhook .46)

True ?

Btw.. what's the best Devhook version ? Supposed I installed .42 then wanted to install .46 can I just copy the .46 files or I gotta clean install again ?

pibs
August 28th, 2006, 11:49
OMG ive been at it for hours i didnt know u had to reformat MS! because it loads and everything but then I get a black screen ARG so frustrated I didn't read that anywhere on the guide ><

thanks i would of just gave up eesh

Accordion
August 28th, 2006, 12:08
best to use 2.60 firmware files, for GTA

i never had to format the memory stick…if you instsall it properly it will work.

pibs
August 28th, 2006, 12:22
This is the guide i got with devhook from this site
*it doesnt mention reformat of the MS but i did it because u said so*

1. Download DevHook 0.45(i did that)

2. Go into the MS-Root folder in the DevHook download and copy the dh and psp folder onto the
root of your mem-stick(did that)

3. Download pbp unpacker(did that)

4. Download 2.60/2.71 update from 2.6/2.71(did that)

5. Open the update with pbp unpacker and extract all the files to wherever you want (the file needed is the data.psar)(did that)

6. Get the data.psar from the extracted update and put that onto the root of your mem-stick(did that )

and heres where i get confused

7. On the psp choose devhook installer and start that, then when you are in the eboot start the installer, at the end if you want to copy your flash1 read what is says on the screen, which should be something like "press O to copy flash1 registry files"

it didnt come with a file called devhook installer..... it has a launcher both jap and english but those just give me a black screen and theres another file that looks like an install but when i attempt to open it, it says "to start, you must update the system software"and the file name is homebrew for FW2.xx+devhook

8. Download the decrypted 2.60/2.71 dump from somewhere I have a link but cannot provide it (the reboot.bin will be what is needed from the decrypted dump)

8.5. (Only if you're setting up 2.71). Copy ms0:\dh\260\flash1 to ms0:\dh\271\.

9. Now from the decrypted 2.60/2.71 you downloaded you will need the reboot.bin, copy the reboot.bin into ms0:\dh\260\flash0 (or ms0:\dh\271\flash0 for 2.71) and also copy it into ms0:\dh\kd and replace the one that is currently in there

can anyone help me? i wouldnt be asking for help but it seems these instructions are not getting me anywhere btw i do have reboot.bin yet it still doesnt do me anygood

mnuhaily22
August 28th, 2006, 13:08
i hated using devhook, I just used UMD Loader, and buy the way, it is funny because my burnout legends requires 2.0 firmware.

pibs
August 28th, 2006, 13:17
ill give that a shot because devhook is leading me nowhere hopefully umd loader will help.

thanks

mnuhaily22
August 28th, 2006, 13:25
No problem, just make sure you use the newest kind.

donne
August 29th, 2006, 01:03
Wakakaka.. Thought the Devhook would be confusing :D Btw, I think I'd all the necessary files and I'm gonna try it myself this weekend (I'm still having fun with gpsp right now). Wish me luck.. And.. If it's not going me anywhere.. Where could I get that UMD Loader ? Can I have the internet connection ?

Kramer
August 29th, 2006, 01:16
hey if you guys cant get devhook working just pm me your email adrreses and ill send you all the files you guys need. So you can just drag two folders onto the mem stick and youll be ready to go.

crackkills
August 29th, 2006, 01:39
why don't you just get the devhook easy installer?

eazy-e
August 29th, 2006, 01:58
well i had devhook and everytime i tried to play ma games that required 2.6 , 2.5 it never worked and installed wit the eazy installler thing help yall

tallica
August 29th, 2006, 02:56
il send you my dh if ya want.

eazy-e
August 29th, 2006, 03:33
il send you my dh if ya want.

ok send it to me ma eamil is [email protected]

Kramer
August 29th, 2006, 03:37
ive allready go it uploaded to rapidshare do you want me to send you the link eazy-e

eazy-e
August 29th, 2006, 03:39
ive allready go it uploaded to rapidshare do you want me to send you the link eazy-e
yes if u can thank u

Kramer
August 29th, 2006, 03:42
alright sent it

pibs
August 29th, 2006, 04:27
Hey cramer thanks for the help but i spent hours searching and found out i had to extract the prx files and organize them in a specific order to flash0 and flash1. this was on the mph guide and the devhook guide mentions nothing about prx files and the way they suppose to be arranged. it wus just the matter of finding a good guide.

im glad i got it working cuz its real great but my homebrew does not work on 1.5 anymore.weird

donne
August 29th, 2006, 09:14
Congratulation Pibster ! I'm going to download Kramer's and try it this weekend. Hope it saves me the trouble..

shak bo
August 29th, 2006, 17:18
THPS Underground remix is a great 1.5 title as well as

Hot Shots Golf. But dev Hook is a great alternative, just

make sure you put the UMD in after it makes your PSP

a 2.71 or it might freeze.

eazy-e
August 30th, 2006, 02:34
alright sent it

thanks kramer it works now

Kramer
August 30th, 2006, 02:47
yeah thats cool eazy-e

donne
August 30th, 2006, 06:26
Kramer.. I have a question..

I already download your files. You said I'm just gonna drop the two folder into memstick.. But one of the folder is PSP folder.. and.. Isn't that where I usually put those GAME folder (including the emu, roms, etc) and MUSIC folder.. Isn't that practically losing all my saving ? Can I just copy the Launchermod & launchermod% to GAME ?

Kramer
August 30th, 2006, 06:37
Yeah you can do it that way but if you drag and drop the two folders it will automatically put the folders where there suppose to and you wont lose anything on your memstick.

donne
August 30th, 2006, 08:01
It won't ? Isn't it like replacing the original PSP folder with yours ? Ah.. But I'll go with just copying the Launchermod folders :D Won't stand the risk of losing hundred of roms and mp3.. :D

Thanks a lot again, man !

bah
August 30th, 2006, 10:25
If you want an easy way to get devhook onto your psp then just google 'devhook ultimate installer psp-hacks', first result.

Do not post any links to this file here though.

donne
August 30th, 2006, 11:15
Yes of course, I realized there's an installer.. But I'm afraid it would replace/delete my files/folder without asking..

I'm going to use Kramer's on my 32mb Memory stick first before I put it on my 2G.. Talk about paranoid :D

bah
August 30th, 2006, 11:31
Clicking yes to 'replace folders' only modifies the contents of the existing folder if the folder you are copying on top of it has files of the same name, it will not delete anything.

You could just backup your mstick to hdd once in a while if your worried about data loss.

Even the copy dialogue window tells u its only if they have the same name :)

donne
August 30th, 2006, 17:40
Oh I see now.. Thanks Bah.. I'm a paranoid one.. I don't have a card-reader, so to copy 1.5+ GB using my PSP is so.. unbearable :D But that's just me..

@Kramer.. Tried your files on my 32mb. I used a 1.5 umd first but the game won't load then i changed the option to Any UMD and it worked. Thanks alot..

Now someone told me about breaching-- err.. finding free wifi connection.. Hmm...