PDA

View Full Version : lameboy doesn't work anymore

October 23rd, 2010, 13:56
hi, i have a nds (first version) with a r4card, I put lameboy on it for GBA games, and it used to work fine. but now (as far as i know it comes out of the blue, i didn't update lameboy or something) it suddenly doesn't find new downloaded GBA roms anymore. it used to work fine, and the games that i downloaded before still work, but my ds won't find any new GBA roms (ds roms work fine, that's why i think the problem lies with lameboy). so what should i do? i hope i'm posting this in the right place, i'm kinda new to all of this

Mateogodlike
October 23rd, 2010, 16:52
hmm interesting.. Try reinstalling R4 Firmware and Lameboy.

October 23rd, 2010, 17:09
i tried reïnstalling lameboy already, but didn't do a thing. not sure how to reinstall the firmware (help plz?) cause it's my brothers r4 card. but if i reinstall the firmware, will i lose the games stored on my r4?

October 23rd, 2010, 20:07
o, i found out that GBA games don't work on the r4 because of slot2, so i'll have to buy a r4 for the second slot (for example the 3in1 EZ-flash) before the GBA cards work. just telling in case somebody out there is wondering the same. (so the games I had on lameboy were for the GBC, my brother put them there, and i thought they were GBA games, but they weren't)

Mateogodlike
October 23rd, 2010, 20:25
i tried reïnstalling lameboy already, but didn't do a thing. not sure how to reinstall the firmware (help plz?) cause it's my brothers r4 card. but if i reinstall the firmware, will i lose the games stored on my r4?

back them up on your computer.. common sense