PDA

View Full Version : PSP screws

mavsman4457
August 29th, 2006, 01:14
OK I am having trouble with the PSP screws. I am trying to repair a broken screen but I can't even get the screws off. A couple of months ago I had this same problem and instead of using a 1.4mm screwdriver like the manual said I used a 2.4mm screwdriver and it got the screws out. Now I have tried using all screw sizes on a different PSP and I cannot get one of the screws. I am letting some WD-40 sit on it right now but I don't think that will do much. Are there any suggestions or past experiences that could help me out?

crackkills
August 29th, 2006, 01:40
I have had that problem before, are the screwdrivers just slipping or can you just not get them off at all

mavsman4457
August 29th, 2006, 02:31
They are slipping. I am going to go to a jeweler or something but a self fix would be much appreciated. Could you IM me on AIM so we can just chat about it quickly. I'm mavsman4457.

PlagueMusic
August 29th, 2006, 03:46
video freak has this problem, you might need to use isos you own

brainpan
August 29th, 2006, 04:12
I would reccomend buying a "nice" set of small sized screwdrivers. I purched a set made by Stanley with a rubber grip. It helped out a lot.

Prasoc
August 29th, 2006, 18:21
I took apart 2 PSPs with GREAT difficulty lol. Took ages to get off the screws. I had to put my hand in a cloth to stop the screwdriver digging into my fingers :O but after I installed the faceplate, I lossened the screws so it woul be easier to undo next time

mavsman4457
August 29th, 2006, 20:02
I took apart 2 PSPs with GREAT difficulty lol. Took ages to get off the screws. I had to put my hand in a cloth to stop the screwdriver digging into my fingers :O but after I installed the faceplate, I lossened the screws so it woul be easier to undo next time

It's nice to hear about your success but it aint helpin me out. :) I am going to go to the jeweler as soon as my brother get's back from work.

troom
August 29th, 2006, 20:07
do you have a drimile mahe a new head on the screw use a small drimile bit make a - or x with it should work

mavsman4457
August 29th, 2006, 20:11
What the heck is a drimile?

ACID
August 29th, 2006, 20:16
go to an eye senter they have the perfect screws if thats what you need. Or get a screw driver with a rotating handle and a magnetic tip. Oder then that i never had a problem. Sounds like you wasted away the head of your screws

mavsman4457
August 29th, 2006, 20:28
Thanks for the help. It sounds like I'm headed to the jeweler's or eye center.

ACID
August 29th, 2006, 20:35
Best of luck. go spurs

mavsman4457
August 29th, 2006, 23:39
Hahahaha, good one. The mavs got hosed in the finals by the refs. I got the screw out at a local watch store and fixed the PSP that was supposed to be a 1.5 but it is actually a 2.6 whose speakers don't work. With the tiff exploit it should be ok though.