PDA

View Full Version : Whats the easiest and cheapest way to flash a DS?

Mourningstar
August 29th, 2006, 02:38
Any info will be greatly appreciated! :cool:

The Hombrew Hunter
August 29th, 2006, 02:57
Depends on what version DS you have.

Shane R. Monroe
August 29th, 2006, 03:43
Do you have a GBA flashcart already?

I suggest checking out my DS hacking site; http://www.monroeworld.com/ds/hacking

Basically, you'll need a passme device (again, as mentioned, depends on the version of DS you have) and some sort of GBA storage device (Supercard, M3, EZ Flash, GBAMP, etc).

The rest is just a little time.

Junixx
August 29th, 2006, 04:48
The GBAMP CF is probably the cheapest way to go, i have it, it has pretty good compatibility with homebrew, also has the MMP Commercial NDS compatibility which...is better than none (acctually its played most of the games i put on it) :D

You can buy a GBAMP for like...$25 plus shipping, i bought mine off of Ebay, also note with this youll have to have a firmware hack that will allow for the GBAMP to be booted into DS mode

But for best compatibility get an M3, ill prolly not be getting an M3 anytime soon because now that my GBAMP plays NDS backups i would rather save up for a new computer...

Crimson_Lotus
August 29th, 2006, 08:16
borrowing a friend's flash cart and passme is the cheapest way...in theory

CampaKaze
August 29th, 2006, 15:40
Well id say buying a bundle off of an interent site, cus if ur flashing ur DS u would need a supercard/m3/g6 anyways rite? so u should just go wit one of those brands (not the mmp/d) find the one u like phat or lite i dunno and buy em, even if u have to save up even more its worth it cause flashing doesnt improve the card only does a couple things

Mourningstar
August 29th, 2006, 22:04
I plan on getting a Black DS Lite...whatever version that will be....

And I already have a GBA flashcart....

So you absolutely have to have a "Pass" cartridge?

How does the WiFi me thing work? I was under the impression that you could flash a DS that way?

CampaKaze
August 30th, 2006, 00:35
Well if u already have ur card and u need a pass, then... *Breathes deeply*

Use The GUIDES! hehehe i dont mean to use caps but it is sort of obvious!

The Hombrew Hunter
August 30th, 2006, 00:54
If you get a passme, might as well use the passme.

Mourningstar
August 30th, 2006, 21:34
If you get a passme, might as well use the passme.
Uh, I dont have a Passme thing.....I have one of the GBA carts that you copy stuff to.....

This is what I have...

http://www.divineo.com/divineo/images/products/dd-gba-scl.jpg

Mourningstar
September 5th, 2006, 15:34
*cough*

Still wondering what to do...