PDA

View Full Version : Usefulness of flashing...?

Crimson_Lotus
August 29th, 2006, 09:22
I was thinking about flashing my DS lite.. What I want to know is the "plus" of flashing... Seeing as I don't care about that health screen, and I won't care having a passme device in, what else is there?

Are there any bootsounds/screens, Custom firmwares, and etc. that I am not aware of?

Thanks

jojotjuh
August 29th, 2006, 21:25
1. it lets you download play from other users that have it (normally a normal ds wont download play a copied pirate rom game)

2. health screenie gone XD

3. passme or relative suck power away, flashme however isnt any extra hardware so will suck less battery life

4. direct boot to flashcard if inserten, press select to skip to your ds firmware screen

5... no losing your brightness setting ability

6. its cool to say to your friends who dont know it that your ds is hacked XD

7. flashme has a fail safe feature so that if you by exident download and execute a bricker it could still be restored, and the first 25 % of your firmware are protected...

8. woot, you can use wifi-me!!!

9. it has lite support :P

heres linkie:

http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=7422&d=1151697052

Junixx
August 29th, 2006, 23:45
1. it lets you download play from other users that have it (normally a normal ds wont download play a copied pirate rom game)

Ok this is where I have a question, it says a normal DS cant do download play from backups and such, but my friends (with their normal DS's) can do download play just fine from mine, would it have something to do with the DS's firmware? I've played Jump Superstar Heroes and Ridgeracer DS with download play and they worked perfectly...

Jesster
August 30th, 2006, 20:37
Ok this is where I have a question, it says a normal DS cant do download play from backups and such, but my friends (with their normal DS's) can do download play just fine from mine, would it have something to do with the DS's firmware? I've played Jump Superstar Heroes and Ridgeracer DS with download play and they worked perfectly...

From what I've read, it depends on the game. Some games work downloading from backups without flashing, others don't.

However if you flash your DS, ALL games should work.

-=The Jesster: Gatchaba Goose=-

Junixx
August 30th, 2006, 23:04
Ah ok thanks

killaruna810
August 31st, 2006, 01:18
does the m3 have a risk of bricking your DS? or the passcard 3?

Junixx
August 31st, 2006, 01:53
no