PDA

View Full Version : idiot guide

Adierobo
August 29th, 2006, 16:53
Hi Total total novice brand new psp running version 2.6 trying to get some extra games on to it for my son from a disk brought of ebay no doubt a mistake
havent got A SCOOBY what i am doing can any body advise on an extreme total idiots guide and download links for what is required.

psiko_scweek
August 29th, 2006, 17:00
ok. when you say you are trying to get "some extra games" on it, are you meaning Homebrew?

if that is the case you have a few options.

1) Get Grand Theft Auto: Liberty City Stories, use the ELoader to run the homebrew.

2) Get Grand Theft Auto: Liberty City Stories, use the ELoader to run the Downdater to 1.5

3) Wait till an Eloader or RAM patch comes out using the newest exploit.

there ya go!

psiko

Adierobo
August 29th, 2006, 17:18
As i say total idiot what do you mean by an eloader and yes i believe they are home brew games instructions on my disk take me through putting on an emulator but still will not load any do the games have to be unzipped?

ACID
August 29th, 2006, 17:26
What people on ebay are selling its illegal ISO files. I just checked and theres a bunch of a holes doing it. Hope Sony rips there balls out. I really don't care what people play but when they try to profit thats not right.

Adierobo
August 29th, 2006, 18:24
ok unaware of that didn't want to offend is there an idiots guide to downloading from dcemu uk from start to finish. Ebay disks now playing frisby with my dog as i say total newby not even mine just helping my lad

dejkirkby
August 29th, 2006, 18:29
The best thing to do Adierobo, is to check if your psp is a TA-082 by looking through the opening in the umd drive (where you can just see the green on the motherboard and looking for some numbers) and then find the easy downdater on psp-hacks.com and downgrade to the god-like firmware that is 1.5.

Adierobo
August 29th, 2006, 19:36
can i get an complete idiots ebook on what the hell to do with this psp to download playable games running version 2.6 tried different sites but all speaking computer mumbo just figured how to turn the thing on and now getting slightly frustrated as nothing wants to play all files are showing being corrupt? Got my gta game HELP pls

jak66
August 29th, 2006, 21:39
you need an unpatched version of grand theft auto:liberty city storys (only way i remember to check is that the unpatched has a 2.0 update and patched has a 2.6 update, you want the one with 2.0 update)
check your psp disk tray, open it up and look accross the top for any writing if it is on the top right, you have cursed motherboard (uncapable of downgrading)(there could be writing in top left but that doesnt matter, only top right matters)
get the downdater if you can downgrade
http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=28181
run exe and follow instructions
if you cant downgrade get eloader from www.noobz.eu (newest version is super bock)

andrew24
August 29th, 2006, 22:35
What people on ebay are selling its illegal ISO files. I just checked and theres a bunch of a holes doing it. Hope Sony rips there balls out. I really don't care what people play but when they try to profit thats not right.

hey ive heard all this crap about isos but its time to get a few things strait.

1. isos are illegaly downloaded games right?
2. roms are the same freaken thing.
3. but u people insist that roms are accually good.

but the fact is that roms are illegaly downloaded games to. but no that doesent matter because u use roms for the eloader.
________
how to roll a blunt (http://howtorollablunt.net/)

Adierobo
August 31st, 2006, 21:20
Off on a tangent ? Doesn't help stupid (me) here i'm after idiots guide to xtra psp games via internet can some one help pls what is an emulator? i'm (my son) running a psp with 2.6 firmware which emulator do i use? is there a different 1 for every game? need total total idiot guide to downloading step by step by step an i mean extreme basic for a effective 3yr old brain e.g 1+1=

jak66
August 31st, 2006, 21:41
ill make an idiot guide in a minute, just gotta correct andrew 1st
isos= games backed up from disks
roms= games backed up from cartridges
neither are illigal UNLESS you download from internet, if you back them up yourself there are ok to use on emulators, roms are not used for eloader, roms are used for emulators that can be run on eloader, if you dont run the emulator you dont need/use roms/isos

Idiot guide
1 - check your disk tray (open UMD tray) and look up in top right corner for some writing
if there is none you have 2 options
a)degrade
b)eloader
if there is writing you have one option
b)eloader
im just gonna tell you how to use eloader for now, ask if you want to degrade

2 - go to noobz.eu and download 'super bock', which is the newest eloader, use exe if you are on windows
3 - plug psp into pc and run exe, follow the instructions
4 - download the game that you would like to play
5 - put the game unzipped/unrarred into the folder ms0:/psp/game where ms0:/ is you psp drive (for me its d:/)
5 - start gta, hopefully it should start eloader, if not, load the eloader
6 - browser to the game you want to play and press x to start

there you go, if you need more info i could try to give morre, just say what else you need to know